[30/06][CM10.1][Kernel][ODEX] Lenio vQuattro

Search This thread

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi

Thanks man! :)

New version available :)

While testing I noticed that the lag comes only from the lack of free RAM. The kernel has good CPU management already, so the slow UI is caused only by too many background apps and services that don't let much free RAM for the new apps.

I changed the Services ADJ and Max apps values for more free RAM. Right now I'm testing some more aggresive values so expect an update soon.

Also I themed the Touchpal keyboard to finally look good on a LDPI resolution, this keyboard is pretty amazing if you dig through its settings.

hrgh

Oct 7, 2012
Shiraz

While testing I noticed that the lag comes only from the lack of free RAM. The kernel has good CPU management already, so the slow UI is caused only by too many background apps and services that don't let much free RAM for the new apps.

I changed the Services ADJ and Max apps values for more free RAM. Right now I'm testing some more aggresive values so expect an update soon.

Also I themed the Touchpal keyboard to finally look good on a LDPI resolution, this keyboard is pretty amazing if you dig through its settings.

Can u fix these problems also ? :highfive:
1- In lenio theme statusbar icons dont works for samle wont show send/rec data or when I connet my charger battery ican makes no raection
2- Phone dialer need resizing in Lenio theme ( Space for numbers is small )
3- when I make a call phone speed comes so low , when I touch end call it takes about 2 sec to do it.
4- sometimes camera dont works after making some pictures it says "cant connect to camera ..."

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
Can u fix these problems also ? :highfive:
1- In lenio theme statusbar icons dont works for samle wont show send/rec data or when I connet my charger battery ican makes no raection
2- Phone dialer need resizing in Lenio theme ( Space for numbers is small )
3- when I make a call phone speed comes so low , when I touch end call it takes about 2 sec to do it.
4- sometimes camera dont works after making some pictures it says "cant connect to camera ..."

1. I'll fix that
2. I'll fix that too
3. That's not a rom problem. I don't experience any lag while calling or responding to a call
4. I don't experience this neither.

Reactions: hrgh and Jeffrianz

hrgh

Oct 7, 2012
Shiraz
New build have better performance and is smooth
but new quick message is so big and keyboard comes on its text box
Waiting for new update

prokshit

Oct 20, 2010
Hi, Great Rom thank u, still i need to test it on my Friends G Fit but i wanted to give u my opinion on some things and u can take em as requests.
Major Problems i found with 4.2 or 4.1 roms was that the
TEXT & MENU SIZE
It's not as clear as the 2.3 roms,2.3 was well calibrated to fit the contents into the screen without pixelation,.. i dont know what caused it ,the DPI issues or the because the 4.2 android itself was like that idk,
so, i found an idea, I m not a dev, I am a heavy flasher though, I have flashed latest decives to galaxy pop devices.. so i lil bit of it..So for this Problem
If u can take a look at the JellyBread v4.0 rom in G FIT forumn he has skinned the 2.3 into 4.x like versions,So u could may be get the clues like DPI settings or the FONT Size etc the MENU ARRANGMENT.. basically 4.2 -> 2.3(only the dpi and font and spaces settings) so that its 4.2 and still looks great on our devices like it did on 2.3. I saw the OP u know Themeing Rom Really well so u might have an idea.
LAG After some Days or Usage
Dont get me wrong, i m not saying ur rom lags or will lag, Just telling u my exp., normally the custom roms , the first week the rom runs and after that it starts to slow down, even without much apps or work, If u could get this eliminated it would be great, and MAINLY the LAG in opening of an app,Like DAILER & MESSAGES and CONTACTS... if u can somehow speed only these three app's opening speed it would awesome
Zipalign helps but not so much.. plz see if u can do something about it.
Thats all i have for now.. Plz look into it. again Thanks for reading and working on the ROM!
here is the link to the rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2330263

Last edited:

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
Hi, Great Rom thank u, still i need to test it on my Friends G Fit but i wanted to give u my opinion on some things and u can take em as requests.
Major Problems i found with 4.2 or 4.1 roms was that the
TEXT & MENU SIZE
It's not as clear as the 2.3 roms,2.3 was well calibrated to fit the contents into the screen without pixelation,.. i dont know what caused it ,the DPI issues or the because the 4.2 android itself was like that idk,
so, i found an idea, I m not a dev, I am a heavy flasher though, I have flashed latest decives to galaxy pop devices.. so i lil bit of it..So for this Problem
If u can take a look at the JellyBread v4.0 rom in G FIT forumn he has skinned the 2.3 into 4.x like versions,So u could may be get the clues like DPI settings or the FONT Size etc the MENU ARRANGMENT.. basically 4.2 -> 2.3(only the dpi and font and spaces settings) so that its 4.2 and still looks great on our devices like it did on 2.3. I saw the OP u know Themeing Rom Really well so u might have an idea.
LAG After some Days or Usage
Dont get me wrong, i m not saying ur rom lags or will lag, Just telling u my exp., normally the custom roms , the first week the rom runs and after that it starts to slow down, even without much apps or work, If u could get this eliminated it would be great, and MAINLY the LAG in opening of an app,Like DAILER & MESSAGES and CONTACTS... if u can somehow speed only these three app's opening speed it would awesome
Zipalign helps but not so much.. plz see if u can do something about it.
Thats all i have for now.. Plz look into it. again Thanks for reading and working on the ROM!
here is the link to the rom
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2330263

I don't think I'll support this ROM anymore. I switched to CM9.2, right because of that lag that appears after a few days.

But I'll answer your questions just to clear some doubts here.

The 4.2 ROM's for our device are not fully LDPI resized, and editing thousands of XML's for resizing every piece of text or element takes a lot of time. That's what causing some strangeness in the layout. Although I honestly like more the JB layout than the GB layout, I don't see anything pixelized here.

That lag is because of the lack of Jelly Bean optimization for low-end devices, and because of the user apps hogging the RAM. Jelly Bean already uses a lot of RAM without any user apps installed. It just isn't made for our 256 MB of RAM. I optimized the RAM Management in the kernel as much as I could, but Jelly Bean still kills any optimization. That's why I switched to CM9.2, themed it to my taste, and went on to use it until something better comes up.

mni ANKIT

Nov 13, 2012
Nagpur
Great

well since my connection broke down i wasnt able to post review of this rom....now its temp fixed...

So..initially looking at this rom on webpage i didnt read about it much just downloaded and installed...and.......viola....

IN my opinion samsung should buy this rom and load it as jb version for samsung galaxy fit....it s that good....

it has looks and feel of a stock rom.. this release has a number of minor bugs but ididnt experienced any that other mentioned mainly mounting and unmounting of usb storage...only minor bugs...Everything works fine no "classic lags" found.

earlier the roms that were made by the members through their hard work and understanding were good bcoz it was like new clothes for your old phone....it inspired many to make different types/functions.....But this looks original company made for this device....

i thought system apps were incomplete so i added pdf reader(thinkfree), news and weather , among others....
and guess what EFFEM (the fm radio made by member) worked.. it wouldn't work on others it would FC as soon as it is opened...though the effem worked it would only connect to radio mirchi(india 98.3fm) at all numbers...at least it worked...im happy..

I deleted the 40app2sd script because it making my phone laggy ...installed link2sd and i installed like 49 apps and still have space of 110 mb left....hats off to matrixDJ96 for the odex and all...i would sometimes go from erickas cm 10 to stock rom because of space issues u are right abt it matrixdj in ur thread....rest all works fine as cm 10.....

and the security section in the rom is awesome would stop the permission i hv doubt over....

since u are adding reasonable additions i would request you to take care of the wallpapersize...in stock rom (2.2.1)suppose a jpg img if want it as wallpaper it would fully cover 240/320 vertically and would display the fully image as wallpaper you get full image as wallpaper nothing gets truncated/missed,i.e full image.now in current roms if i want the same image(stone cold raising beer) as wallpaper it would get cropped and would get the middle part hands and feet wouldn't get ...and the image horizontally long would not hv such cropping problems ...see to it if u can do....

No extra scripts added all works fine......

HUGE praise for your stock jb rom for Samsung Galaxy FIT...(first one of its kind for this device)

Last edited:
Reactions: tan07

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
well since my connection broke down i wasnt able to post review of this rom....now its temp fixed...

So..initially looking at this rom on webpage i didnt read about it much just downloaded and installed...and.......viola....

IN my opinion samsung should buy this rom and load it as jb version for samsung galaxy fit....it s that good....

it has looks and feel of a stock rom.. this release has a number of minor bugs but ididnt experienced any that other mentioned mainly mounting and unmounting of usb storage...only minor bugs...Everything works fine no "classic lags" found.

earlier the roms that were made by the members through their hard work and understanding were good bcoz it was like new clothes for your old phone....it inspired many to make different types/functions.....But this looks original company made for this device....

i thought system apps were incomplete so i added pdf reader(thinkfree), news and weather , among others....
and guess what EFFEM (the fm radio made by member) worked.. it wouldn't work on others it would FC as soon as it is opened...though the effem worked it would only connect to radio mirchi(india 98.3fm) at all numbers...at least it worked...im happy..

I deleted the 40app2sd script because it making my phone laggy ...installed link2sd and i installed like 49 apps and still have space of 110 mb left....hats off to matrixDJ96 for the odex and all...i would sometimes go from erickas cm 10 to stock rom because of space issues u are right abt it matrixdj in ur thread....rest all works fine as cm 10.....

and the security section in the rom is awesome would stop the permission i hv doubt over....

since u are adding reasonable additions i would request you to take care of the wallpapersize...in stock rom (2.2.1)suppose a jpg img if want it as wallpaper it would fully cover 240/320 vertically and would display the fully image as wallpaper you get full image as wallpaper nothing gets truncated/missed,i.e full image.now in current roms if i want the same image(stone cold raising beer) as wallpaper it would get cropped and would get the middle part hands and feet wouldn't get ...and the image horizontally long would not hv such cropping problems ...see to it if u can do....

No extra scripts added all works fine......

HUGE praise for your stock jb rom for Samsung Galaxy FIT...(first one of its kind for this device)

Many thanks for the review :)

The wallpaper can't be set in portrait mode because of the launcher. There aren't many launchers on the market that still have this portrait wallpaper mode. But I'll look into that.

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai

You can use Picspeed wallpaper app. Just open the image in gallery and set as wallpaper via picspeed.
works on all launchers and roms.

Reactions: mni ANKIT

tarkan-t29

Nov 3, 2010
France
Great work on this ROM! It feels very smooth ^^ . But as the other CM10.1 I've tested, I don't find the Performance menu in Settings :( ? Any Idea why?

mni ANKIT

Nov 13, 2012
Nagpur
Second Review

after using device for some days rom crashes and goes into continous bootloop.. did changed governor setiingsand miscellnaeous settings...i dont know bcoz in initially after flashing and instaling app wouldn't show any irregular in logcat....i just found this about after my batery drained completely after night that this conitnuous bootloop is causing the problem..

To solve this i formatted and did start afresh many timmes and kept close look over the device...so i found out after some days of regular usage it just freezes/crashes and goes into continuous boot ..Even going to recovery and rebooting he system couldn't solve. at first i thought maybe it maybe hardware problem so i flashed other roms with same apps to install which i install normally ididnt fing any major bug or something......

Please look into this siezure bcoz i likd your rom. maybe iits an lag causing this bootloop ,,... Logcat can taken in loops??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

You can use Picspeed wallpaper app. Just open the image in gallery and set as wallpaper via picspeed.
works on all launchers and roms.

Its an temporary solution but still thanks.....after some time the app loses control over its defined settings and whoosh the wallpaper spreads according to system default setings....

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
after using device for some days rom crashes and goes into continous bootloop.. did changed governor setiingsand miscellnaeous settings...i dont know bcoz in initially after flashing and instaling app wouldn't show any irregular in logcat....i just found this about after my batery drained completely after night that this conitnuous bootloop is causing the problem..

To solve this i formatted and did start afresh many timmes and kept close look over the device...so i found out after some days of regular usage it just freezes/crashes and goes into continuous boot ..Even going to recovery and rebooting he system couldn't solve. at first i thought maybe it maybe hardware problem so i flashed other roms with same apps to install which i install normally ididnt fing any major bug or something......

Please look into this siezure bcoz i likd your rom. maybe iits an lag causing this bootloop ,,... Logcat can taken in loops??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Its an temporary solution but still thanks.....after some time the app loses control over its defined settings and whoosh the wallpaper spreads according to system default setings....

Logcat starts spitting out debug messages right after the kernel is loaded(after the Galaxy Mini bootsplash dissapears), so yeah, you can check the logcat in bootloops. But not on my kernel, I disabled any form of debugging to avoid wasting resources. If you want to see the logcat, you have to flash a stock kernel.

It's not something about the system causing these bootloops, as I was using the same ROM daily for about two months and never had any problems. It's something installed or modified by the user interfering with the system. But I can't simply guess. A logcat would be really helpful.

mni ANKIT

Nov 13, 2012
Nagpur
Logcat starts spitting out debug messages right after the kernel is loaded(after the Galaxy Mini bootsplash dissapears), so yeah, you can check the logcat in bootloops. But not on my kernel, I disabled any form of debugging to avoid wasting resources. If you want to see the logcat, you have to flash a stock kernel.

It's not something about the system causing these bootloops, as I was using the same ROM daily for about two months and never had any problems. It's something installed or modified by the user interfering with the system. But I can't simply guess. A logcat would be really helpful.

Adding apps can crash te rom to ( /system/app) besides im following settings that you provided....Will look for possible reasons..Thnx..:fingers-crossed:

alin.p

Mar 2, 2012
Iasi
Adding apps can crash te rom to ( /system/app) besides im following settings that you provided....Will look for possible reasons..Thnx..:fingers-crossed:

Yes, new system apps can crash the rom if they depend on some proprietary libs and you don't add them too, or if they have a conflicting activity name. But I doubt this is the problem. Flash the boot.img from the original CM10.1 and post a logcat on pastebin.com. I'll take a look on that if you have trouble reading logcats.

Harpratap

Jan 24, 2012
Mumbai

Its not temporary,its the 'only' solution.AOSP gallery and launcher do not have that feature,hence you wont see them even in CM or any other rom.
Writing own code and baking it into the system is only option otherwise.
And app doesn't loses control,our phone does. Whenever the launcher is killed by system to free up ram, the old values get applied.
If you use the same app on cm7 you won't get that 'spread'

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4rer.png

Are you guys struggling to get good performance on Jelly Bean?

Are you sick of cleaning up the system after flashing a new ROM?

Do you want to do something simple like surfing the internet, without having to watch the battery percentage going down with every second??

Then this ROM is for you lazy bums. From the developer of Badass Kernel, coming with a hell lot of tweaking, a clean system, a new kernel and a stupid "commercial-like" introduction, this ROM will make sure you get out your phone every 2 minutes just to admire its coolness.

So, getting into serious business..

This rom is based on CM10.1.0 nightly and my Badass Kernel.

Features:
    • 24-step Volume
    • Zipaligned and fully optimized system apps
    • Apps2SD integrated with zipaligning everytime a non-zipaligned app is installed
    • Clean system, stripped of unnecesary libs and apps
    • PureAudio engine tweaked to work with any equalizer (you gotta try DSPManager's Bass Boost now)
    • Dolby Virtualizer activated at boot through snd2354 binary
    • Youtube app with MP3 and Video download integrated
    • Patched Services for better multitasking
    • Updated Superuser and Zipalign binaries
    • Eliminated SMS-to-MMS conversion when reaching 160 characters, added message pop-up
    • Latest Multi-DPI Playstore included in GApps version
    • Android's Native Task Killer values tweaked (no need for minfree script or ram manager)
    • zRam, zCache and Kernel Samepage Merging fully working and activated(no need for swap anymore)
    • Perfect Keyboard
    • Undervolt, Underclock, Triple Buffer and all the other modifications present in my kernel
    • Really lightweight modified Zeam Launcher
    • Gapps included
    • New fonts optimized for LDPI resolution
    • New proprietary theme
    • LMT Launcher Pie Control
    • Smoother SystemUI animations (you have to apply Lenio theme to get these, I can't integrate them in the system yet)
      v3
    • Replaced Perfect Keyboard with zipaligned LatinIME
    • Added NexMusic player
    • Resized zRam disk
    • Tweaked LowMemoryKiller parameters
    • Enabled vSync(hopefully)
    • Added Smooth Scrolling in framework.jar
    • Set correct permissions to /sd-ext folders inside the A2SD script
    • Updated kernel to 1.6.1
      • Added LowBattery Powersave feature for Badass governor
      • Badass parameters are more performance biased now
      • Recalculated Frame Buffer Size for Triple Buffering
      • Clean-up(remove deprecated CPU governors)
      • Backport Adaptive RED Net Scheduler from 3.4 kernel
      • Replace Snappy Compression with the much faster LZ4 Compressor for zRam
      v4
    • Rebase on latest CM10.1.0
    • Update compcache script(now zRam can be activated from Settings->Performance->Memory Management, it is not activated by default anymore, but it is recommended that you enable it)
    • Integrate StatusBar smooth animations in the framework. The theme is just for whoever likes the look now.
    • Whole system Odex-ed
    • Update kernel to latest version
      vQuattro 30/06
    • Update base to latest CM10.1 nightly
    • Add Touchpal with LDPI optimized theme
    • Change SMS Popup layout
    • Re-think services.jar values for better performance in detriment of multitasking
    • Adjust minfree values to suit the new services.jar values
    • Add Now Playing player
    • Re-optimize apps with a higher threshold of optimizing(goddamn, this took 6 hours)
    • Take down the NoGapps version to avoid weird bugs(to get a NoGapps version, just delete everything that starts with Google in /system/app after boot)
    • Update kernel to 1.8
      • Add SIOPlus scheduler (finally something equal or better than deadline)
      • Add CPU Idle driver to support C4 Deeper Sleep state
      • Add Wheatley governor to make more use of the new C4 state.
      • Change Bootsplash

Screens:

37q.png

Download:

Installation:
    • Copy the flashable zip to sdcard
    • Wipe data
    • Flash in recovery
    • Reboot and wait 5-10 minutes for the first boot
    • Change CPU governor to Badass or Smartass to get rid of the lag
    • Apply Lenio theme in ThemeChooser for a fresh new layout
    • Be amazed!

PRO Tips:
    • Use SmartassH3 or Badass with 68-652 MHz and Deadline I/O for good performance/battery balance
    • Enable zRam in Settings->Performance->Memory Management
    • Disable logging and notifications in both SuperSU and Setting->Superuser for a performance boost
    • Check Disable HW Overlays in Developer Options (NOTE:This option resets at every boot)
    • Install CrossBreeder from my kernel's thread
    • ..to be continued

Credits:
    • MatrixDJ96 for the odexing script
    • Osama Ghareeb for Youtube app with MP3 and Video download
    • noname81 for LMT Launcher
    • AndroidarmV6 and A_U for the base kernels
    • Cronic Corey for A2SD script
    • Jeeko for PureAudio

*Sorry about the totally unoriginal slogan but I f*ckin' love Carlsberg :)
    I'm getting geeksm at the moment dude. I mean, consider me a serious big fan of your kernel and it was a big surprise that you finally ported your kernel. and then this. I was constantly snapping my fingers whether to port your ROM. xD man if only the webs has a teleporting device I'd send you a beer! Hands down mate, this will be my daily driver. :D Can't wait to get home and start downloading! Keep it up mate!

Great work on this ROM! It feels very smooth ^^ . But as the other CM10.1 I've tested, I don't find the Performance menu in Settings :( ? Any Idea why?

Go to Settings->About and press Build number 7 times.

I wonder why CM team hides these..
    other bugs: in ATTACHED FILES!

Those are known bugs. The first two, because of the font, and it is present only in DeskClock. But I assumed that it's not such a big thing. If it bothers you that much, you can simply replace my rom's fonts folder with the original AOKP one. :)

That 0.00B ram is a visual flaw. Check with other Task managers. You will always see 60-80MB free RAM. And that's a lot.

I rebased the whole ROM in hope of fixing the camera issue. So redownload and report. Droider might be right, I think it is a libs problem too. I think my diff tool is broken because it didn't show any differences in libs folder.

Thanks for all your support guys. I'm glad you're so involved in this and don't throw eggs and tomatoes at me for every little mistake. I don't like excuses(but I'm good at them) but you already know I don't have a Galaxy Fit so I'm counting on your reports to make a good ROM.

I won't be around here much because I'm preparing for my exams, so I'll respond kinda rarely.

PS: If the camera is still not fixed, it might be a kernel problem.