FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia TL Charging Issues

155 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By gpgon, Senior Member on 8th July 2013, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I had A LOT of charging issues right out of the box when I got my first TL in April. The main issue was it had to be powered on to charge. Not a helpful situation when the Battery is at Zero. I had to do the workarounds just to get it to power on, and that was rarely successful the first try. It would also power down at 20% and record a different % when powered back on.

The last time it died it took being plugged in for over 12 hours to power back on. When It finally came to life, the touch screen was unresponsive, and any attempt to repair it VIA PC Companion or other programs failed. PC Companion would not recognize it being turned off + VOL Down, this likely tied to the fact that it would not charge if it was powered off.

Talked to Sony, They said mail it in. Luckily AT&T has two warranty repair centers close by. Tech Guy tried to hard reset it (Did that a 1,000 times myself) Power + Volume Up until 3 vibrates. When that failed, he Overnighted me a replacement no questions asked.

Got the new one today FedEx from Texas. Just the phone, no cables or box. I have to return the Borked one in the container this one arrived in FOC. First thing I do is plug it in. It Charges While Off!!! It gives the classic battery level indicator if the power button is tapped! The LED glows green when plugged in and asleep!

TLDR: If your TL or any Xperia does not charge the way you are used to a phone charging, this is not a simple glitch. Your phone is likely to fail and you should take it in and get it swapped via Warranty. Try your provider first

************************************************** *****************************
Update: Have had the phone for almost 3 weeks and have not had a single problem! Battery percentage is correct, it will charge via any method, be it car/USB/wall.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gpgon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gpgon Ad-Free
2nd November 2013, 02:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same problem here. I called them last night. Charged overnight, but when I got up, same issue. I'll call today and get another (my 2nd) phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
will not power on, won't charge correctly, xperia tl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)