[DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Search This thread

emtzzz

Jun 22, 2013
best launcher experience so far is Apex Launcher, combined with "eye in sky" "clock widget" and "mini UI icon pack" makes me feel like i'm using a new phone.

Deep Sleep Battery Saver and Greenify and ram booster to improve my phone battery life :D

ssenemosewa

Mar 17, 2009
Notification Launcher, by Kinokino.

It allows you to start an application, shortcut or toggle switch from the notification area.

kj979

Jul 5, 2013
Some of my favorite apps are:

Games:

Retroarch (Free emulator, emulates NES - PS1, + extras.)
Mupen64 (Free N64 emulator, ad-free version free on authors website)
Super Hexagon (Paid, extremely hard 1-minute style game)
Solar 2 (Paid, simulation of a space object, from asteroid to black hole.)
Sonic CD (Paid, excellent port of Sonic CD)

Other:

Papyrus (Free/Paid, take notes with a stylus)
Write (Paid, tablet only, take notes with a keyboard)
ES File Explorer (Free, best file explorer out there AFAIK)

PuppyPowered

Jul 8, 2013
Some of my favorite apps are:

Games:

Retroarch (Free emulator, emulates NES - PS1, + extras.)
Mupen64 (Free N64 emulator, ad-free version free on authors website)
Super Hexagon (Paid, extremely hard 1-minute style game)
Solar 2 (Paid, simulation of a space object, from asteroid to black hole.)
Sonic CD (Paid, excellent port of Sonic CD)

Other:

Papyrus (Free/Paid, take notes with a stylus)
Write (Paid, tablet only, take notes with a keyboard)
ES File Explorer (Free, best file explorer out there AFAIK)

Another great note-taking app is OfficeSuite. It really has everything I need (MS Office-compatible too)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: kj979

redbandana24

Jul 9, 2013
Discuss your favorite app, tweak, widget, etc. (Least favorite OK too!)

there’s this new app to try called Global Call, upon signing up I got $1.50 free credit and so I tried to call manila, surprisingly I lingered on the phone for about 45 minutes, I can’t believe it, landline calls are just $ 0.09 per minute. Applications are what make Android awesome especially when they save you lot's of money. my least favorite is not having a smartphone :)

thewild

Jan 17, 2012
I luse llama a lot.
Very easy to use, battery friendly (since it uses only cell positionning and no GPS), and quite powerfull. It's a bit like a more simple tasker.

eugentutu

Dec 28, 2012
Cluj Napoca
defend mobile

What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

Sent from a galaxy far away.

I sugest you to install trend micro mobile security....it's show you where is your mobile is when it's stolled if it's connected to internet or gps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCUSSION][REVIEWS] Consolidated App Reviews, Recommendations & Discussions Thread

Hello Everybody,

In order to attempt to keep this forum neat and tidy the moderation team has decided that 1 standalone thread for discussing the good and bad of all the the apps, modifications, tweaks, and widgets is all we need. So have at it guys and gals! Within this thread review, compare and discuss whatever it is that is interesting you at any given moment. Any new threads on this matter will be closed and directed here. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Remember that most of this will just be a matter of opinion so try your best to respect everyone else’s opinion too!;)

Cheers Mates :victory:
    The Moderation Team

xdalogo-1.png
    Mine is mobil defence saved me more than once when lost phn just log in and track plus I can wipe and lock phn remotely

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    What anti theft app should I buy? Soon I will get my galaxy s4 and ofcourse I want to be a bit more sure about getting it back if it gets stolen. So which do you guys recommend?

My favorite is lookout

Sent from my Nexus
    my favorite app is tapatalk. best app for forums :)