Post Reply Email Thread
11th April 2013, 04:02 AM |#641  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 327

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokotas

Hi guys,

Updated TWRP to v2.5.0.0, thanks to TeamWin which keeps on improving this great project.
This time, when I compiled the unmodified source code and flashed the generated img to my device, it wouldn't get pass the TeamWin's logo.
So I had to make some extra changes to the source JUST to make it boot. I am sure that these changes won't interfere with the core functions! I haven't tested them, so if you have anything to report leave your feedback here.
Change log @ 1st post.

Regards!

Thanks, kokotas. I can barely remember what the energy you display is like!

Do you still have dees_troy's ear for that once in awhile assist?

12th April 2013, 08:29 PM |#642  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome

Thanks, kokotas. I can barely remember what the energy you display is like!

Do you still have dees_troy's ear for that once in awhile assist?

I spoke with Dees_Troy yesterday, trying to get our HD2 officially supported. He compiled TWRP2.5 for HD2, but the file he send me to test wasn't working, exactly like the first time I flashed the unmodified v2.5 that I compiled on my own.
The changes I've made (and posted previously) in order to get it to boot are not acceptable due to license restrictions.
So I revised them and this time I believe there is no license conflict. I'm just waiting for TeamWin to take a look and tell me their opinion. If they accept them and everything works, our device will probably be officially supported again

Regards!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 05:19 AM |#643  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:

I spoke with Dees_Troy yesterday, trying to get our HD2 officially supported. He compiled TWRP2.5 for HD2, but the file he send me to test wasn't working, exactly like the first time I flashed the unmodified v2.5 that I compiled on my own.
The changes I've made (and posted previously) in order to get it to boot are not acceptable due to license restrictions.
So I revised them and this time I believe there is no license conflict. I'm just waiting for TeamWin to take a look and tell me their opinion. If they accept them and everything works, our device will probably be officially supported again

Way to go! Thanks for your hard work and persistence -- it is appreciated.
14th April 2013, 02:27 AM |#644  
Flag Arlington
Thanks Meter: 290

Donate to Me
More
Is this compatible with TYTUNG's JB Rom, cos last time i used this on his ICS and other roms, I had permission problesms
16th May 2013, 02:21 AM |#645  
Recognized Contributor
Flag 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Thanks Meter: 2,196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi guys,

Updated TWRP to v2.5.0.0, thanks to TeamWin which keeps on improving this great project.
This time, when I compiled the unmodified source code and flashed the generated img to my device, it wouldn't get pass the TeamWin's logo.
So I had to make some extra changes to the source JUST to make it boot. I am sure that these changes won't interfere with the core functions! I haven't tested them, so if you have anything to report leave your feedback here.

Seems that this version is not directly compatible with your extended version. This TWRP creates the backup in a folder which is created directly under the BACKUP folder. The extended version creates it under BACKUP/HTCLEO. As a result this version does not find any backups created the extended version. The files may be compatible, I did not try that.

Also, something keeps waking this version and the screen never actually turns off.

[ EDIT ] - I just checked the output from another TWRP 2.5.0.0 running on my Nexus 7. It creates the extra folder under BACKUP just like the extended version, suggesting that this version is dropping a folder level.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NYLimited For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NYLimited Ad-Free
19th May 2013, 08:24 PM |#646  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

More
Hi NYLimited,
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLimited

Seems that this version is not directly compatible with your extended version. This TWRP creates the backup in a folder which is created directly under the BACKUP folder. The extended version creates it under BACKUP/HTCLEO. As a result this version does not find any backups created the extended version.

I don't have the source that I compiled for this version, so I can't say for sure what's the problem.
Quote:

[ EDIT ] - I just checked the output from another TWRP 2.5.0.0 running on my Nexus 7. It creates the extra folder under BACKUP just like the extended version, suggesting that this version is dropping a folder level.

OK, I will download again the latest source and recompile it.
Quote:

The files may be compatible, I did not try that.

You're right, the files should be compatible.
Quote:

Also, something keeps waking this version and the screen never actually turns off.

It was not my intention to fix that. In fact, if the last version could normally boot, I would just compile it without any modifications. I mean this is supposed to be official TWRP and the source should be compiled with as few changes as possible.

Regards!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
19th May 2013, 08:32 PM |#647  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You're right, the files should be compatible.

As I noted elsewhere, yes, this and the extended version are completely compatible as far as files are concerned (except for the folder issue).

Quote:

It was not my intention to fix that. In fact, if the last version could normally boot, I would just compile it without any modifications. I mean this is supposed to be official TWRP and the source should be compiled with as few changes as possible.

You are right - please ignore that I mentioned that part.
9th July 2013, 10:24 AM |#648  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

More
Hi guys,

First post updated with a new compiled version (2.6). Check TeamWin's page for the official (long) change-log.
Many thanks to the team for their efforts - a lot of work was done for this update!
As for (our) hd2's case, there was no problem booting up this time and everything seems ready to be tested. So... have fun with this update

Regards!
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to kokotas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kokotas Ad-Free
12th July 2013, 08:53 PM |#649  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi guys,

First post updated with a new compiled version (2.6). Check TeamWin's page for the official (long) change-log.
Many thanks to the team for their efforts - a lot of work was done for this update!
As for (our) hd2's case, there was no problem booting up this time and everything seems ready to be tested. So... have fun with this update

Regards!

Anybody test it yet? I have seen some problem reports with this version (not HD2 specific) and I think I saw a 2.6.0.1 someplace in my travels...

----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.
13th July 2013, 11:29 PM |#650  
Flag New Jersey

More
Quote:

Anybody test it yet? I have seen some problem reports with this version (not HD2 specific) and I think I saw a 2.6.0.1 someplace in my travels...

My backup failed due to zero byte data, as per kokotas. I have not yet had a chance to do another backup with that unchecked.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkAtHome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MarkAtHome Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 03:50 AM |#651  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkAtHome

My backup failed due to zero byte data, as per kokotas. I have not yet had a chance to do another backup with that unchecked.

You mean data as in the userdata partition in nand?

----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
recovery, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)