Thanks Meter: 2

By scotchua, Retired Senior Moderator on 25th October 2008, 02:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th December 2008, 05:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchua

I use total commander (which i have added as an attachement to the first post) to copy the files. If you have tf2d, and done a soft reset, but still cannot copy the files using total commander then i really don't know why your files cannot be overwritten. I've honestly never had that problem before, so i just don't have anyway to help you.

can you do a step by step using total comander, I stil get a message that the files can not be replaced

3rd February 2009, 03:43 PM |#12  

More
I have the same problem. I am using a touch cruise with chavon bravo's rom. Cant move the manila file to windows.
4th February 2009, 03:58 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
NOTE: OPEN THE XML WITH NOTEPAD, NOT WORDPAD.

Word pad will translate foreign characters and will corrupt the XML file.
18th April 2009, 11:51 PM |#14  
Account currently disabled

More
I did the step by step instructions, copied both files to the windows folder, and then restarted touchflo. Wheni go to Select location, its completely blank. Any ideas on this one?
31st July 2009, 05:33 AM |#15  

More
still nothing
i'm using hyperdragon IV IOLITE, with touchflo but same trouble, when i've update the XML the new location appears, but when i sync nothing comes, but if i overwrite the patched Manila2d.exe now doesn't come up the manilla.

i don't need the Connection setting, cuz i'm a Mexican user, i've my own settings.

any idea, anybody know if the Hyperdragon IV IOLITE has already the manilla patched version?

this is the change in the XML NAM|MX|MX019|MONTERREY, the original MONTERREY has MX005 and comes with other weather forecast not from my city

i've tried two ways, overtwritin' the original Monterrey item, and adding another as MonterreyNL, and as i told you, in both ways the new setting pops now but can't get weather and in the other locations JUST FINE!!
10th August 2009, 10:05 PM |#16  

More
Talking Custom M2D Weather
hi guys, maybe I have the definitive solution to setting new cities on M2D weather. (or at least on my Kaiser go on)
1) in M2D weather set one city whatever you want is indifferent.
2) disable touchflo in today setup
3) open REGISTRY EDITOR and go on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then open software, then open HTC, then open Manila2D, then open Weather here you have two choice "0" and "setting" in both of them there are two item: "Location" and "Location Code". (you have to modify the item in "0" and in "setting")
So, when you tap in Location, you have to insert a string like this:
Caprese Michelangelo, It (first city name and after the nation)
When you tap in location code, you have to insert a string like this:
eur|it|it016|Caprese Michelangelo

If you want repeat for other city. At the end enable touchflo on the today screen again and upgrade the weather.

Work fine for me on my Tytn II.
16th August 2009, 09:16 AM |#17  

More
original manila
where can i get the original manila2d? cuz i dont like the patched one
16th August 2009, 03:42 PM |#18  
Flag Swindon

More
Thumbs up
pincopinco,

You the man!! Just tried it on my TyTNII and worked first time! Outstanding!
22nd November 2009, 12:25 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincopinco

hi guys, maybe I have the definitive solution to setting new cities on M2D weather. (or at least on my Kaiser go on)
then open software, then open HTC, then open Manila2D, then open Weather here you have two choice "0" and "setting" in both of them there are two item: "Location" and "Location Code". (you have to modify the item in "0" and in "setting")

If you want repeat for other city. At the end enable touchflo on the today screen again and upgrade the weather.

Work fine for me on my Tytn II.

I seem to have deleted a DWORD in HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/MANILA 2D/WEATHER/SETTINGS because the keyboard was in the way and I rewrote a DWORD by mistake. Could anyone please list all DWORDS under HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/MANILA 2D/WEATHER/SETTINGS?
11th January 2010, 08:23 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Cool FINALLY a simple fix-Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincopinco

Man, thank you, thank you, thank you! This is the first fix that worked easily without messing up something else. City data now updating like a charm on my Vogue. Thanks again for sharing.
11th January 2010, 11:14 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I get unable to retrieve data when I go to update, guess I am doing something wrong lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)