270 posts
Thanks Meter: 301

By danutzgtx480, Senior Member on 29th May 2013, 07:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2013, 04:12 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Waow, it's good to see that there are actually people who care about getting B2G & Firefox OS to the 2011 Xperia MDPI.

If devs could use another tester: I have an unlocked Smultron, ok PC & good internet.

I think that the tools for flashing my device are currently not installed (adb & usb drivers), but I'm planning to switch to Linux for the coming months, so that might be helpful for compiling and stuff.

But will Firefox OS actually be advantageous over Android in terms of battery efficiency & stability? After all these experiences with different ROMS and their problems, I just want a good working, "up to date", battery efficient & stable phone

8th July 2013, 04:45 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0brainr

Waow, it's good to see that there are actually people who care about getting B2G & Firefox OS to the 2011 Xperia MDPI.

If devs could use another tester: I have an unlocked Smultron, ok PC & good internet.

I think that the tools for flashing my device are currently not installed (adb & usb drivers), but I'm planning to switch to Linux for the coming months, so that might be helpful for compiling and stuff.

But will Firefox OS actually be advantageous over Android in terms of battery efficiency & stability? After all these experiences with different ROMS and their problems, I just want a good working, "up to date", battery efficient & stable phone

-Firefox os is very easy to maintain once ported And the good news is that ZTE Open and Alcatel One touch Fire has the same resolution,1ghz cpu and i think adreno 200 ,we have Adreno 205 so B2G may run faster on our MDPI devices

-About battery...B2G is very lightweight and because of that i think it has to be battery efficient

-Of course is not as powerful as Android but i think it's better because we want to use our phones like "mini-computers" not like "super-computers"
-It's fully OPEN SOURCE !!!!!! So no more Copyright problems...
-Users can edit everything....It's HTML
-Also from my research...The only modification to the Kernel is in the Ramdisk so we should be able to boot future versions of B2G with the same kernel not like android where every version requires a different kernel.
-A big feature of Firefox OS is Adaptive app search which i tested on Firefox simulator add-on and it's AWESOME ! you don t need to install apps,plugins anything ! Just search for what you want and you get it .Simple !
-Another big thing about B2G is that is the same on every device (atleast for now) ,no more Touchwiz from Samsung,no more Timescape from Sony and so on...
-I tested few WebGl chrome experiments demos in browser (smultron with Android 4.2.2) and works pretty good. Imagine how is going to work on B2G which is made for that.
9th July 2013, 02:40 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 1,650

Donate to Me
More
Are you sure that performance will be any good? HTML5/javascript stuff runs much slower than native android apps on our hardware... HTML and javascript have got such a huge overhead IMO...
9th July 2013, 03:25 PM |#44  
OP Senior Member

More
Angry I ported firefox os to smultron !!!
I PORTED FIREFOX OS TO SMULTRON !!! (with my Viking method)
First i edited the CM9 kernel Ramdisk => init.b2g.rc and init.rc files
Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it
So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip
1.First make a backup !
2.WIPE EVERYTHING (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK)
3.Install Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip
4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )
9th July 2013, 03:44 PM |#45  
Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 4,114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzgtx480

Second i ported the latest Keon nightly replacing libs,bulid.prop lines etc. -Basic ROM porting
I need a tester..I have smultron but it's my only phone and right now i use it alot ,i can''t play with it
So if anyone want to try and see if it works HERE IS THE ZIP (KERNEL INSIDE) -Smultron_Firefox_OS_1.zip
1.First make a backup !
4.Don't blame me if anything goes wrong (theoretically only bootloop can happen but you never know )

i make firefox os for Xperia Arc/S i will build it for all xperias as soon i fix it with 3.0.x kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n1kolaa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2013, 01:47 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Salute you thanks for the hard work... Waiting to try it on my ray urushi

Sent from my Xperia Ray using xda app-developers app
10th July 2013, 05:26 PM |#47  
Flag City of Rangpur
Thanks Meter: 558

Donate to Me
More
will wt19i get it?
10th July 2013, 06:22 PM |#48  
Flag hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kolaa

i make firefox os for Xperia Arc/S i will build it for all xperias as soon i fix it with 3.0.x kernel

Eagerly waiting for that... Also you said you will port official Sony jb... How is work going on
10th July 2013, 07:51 PM |#49  
Recognized Developer
Flag Zrenjanin
Thanks Meter: 4,114

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deccen90

Eagerly waiting for that... Also you said you will port official Sony jb... How is work going on

i stop that but as you can se over xperia arc development selecton i allready done firefox for arc/s now have someproblems with compiling if i fix it i will edit code for others xperia 2011 and build it
10th July 2013, 08:54 PM |#50  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1kolaa

i stop that but as you can se over xperia arc development selecton i allready done firefox for arc/s now have someproblems with compiling if i fix it i will edit code for others xperia 2011 and build it

Eagerly waiting to try firefox os on my xperia mini

Press "Thank you" if I helped!
10th July 2013, 09:32 PM |#51  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danutzgtx480

1.First make a backup !

Tnx! I will test it!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
b2g, dev, firefoxos, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)