FORUMS

[ROM][STOCK] -=StockPlus=- Root, Busybox, Deodexed [1.0.519r2][10/10/2013][DISCONT.]

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 210

By IncognitoMan, Senior Member on 2nd July 2013, 03:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
-=OUYA StockPlus=-

-=Note=-
Due to the nature of Ouya being easily brickable do not hold me responsible for anything that may happen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info

Hello,

So this is the first time in rom development and figured I'd give the OUYA a go! So here is my first try at something.

Quote:

Whats done?

• Based on 1.0.519 OTA
  • Kernel compiled from 1.0.519 source with linaro.
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • Superuser/Busybox preinstalled
  • Cifsmanager preinstalled
  • CIFS support
  • Init.d support
  • XThemeEngine support for user themes
  • Updater patched

Whats still left to do?
  • Change boot animation to match current theme *placeholder*
  • Fix a few remaining areas of the theme
  • Completely remove updater *fixed*
  • Work out a better way for CIFS support ( it has been quite random for me... ) *fixed*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to Install

Quote:

Follow the install instructions for CWM from here
Push the rom to /sdcard/ ( use adb push, copy it over via usb, etc.... DO NOT USE ROM MANAGER )
Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Install the rom
Reboot!

Post-Install

Quote:

1. Go to MAKE -> Software -> Superuser, it'll prompt you to install. Accept.
  2. Go to Xposed Installer ( same place as Superuser ) and click Install/Update, afterward go to Modules section and make sure to check "Play Store Mode For Ouya [1.0]" and "XThemeEngine [beta5]". Go back and reboot.
  3. After reboot you should be able to setup Play Store and everything else should be setup and good to go!

Changelog

Quote:

|=========|
|-10.10.2013-|----- 1.0.519r2
|=========|
-Fixed OOBE updater

|=========|
|-09.26.2013-|----- 1.0.519
|=========|

-Rebase to 1.0.519
-Kernel updated to 519 and compiled with linaro 4.7
-Includes invisibleks sysrq patch to allow better access to fastboot incase something does go wrong.
-Completely fixed the updater issue which now resolves issues with factory resets and login issues. Yes you can now use the factory reset option in CWM and have no issues.
-Updated Xposed installer from 2.1.4 -> 2.2 final
-Separated the theme from the ROM... It'll be a seperate download from now on.

|=========|
|-08.15.2013-|----- 1.0.439
|=========|

-Just a quick rebase from 409 -> 439.

|=========|
|-08.11.2013-|----- 1.0.409
|=========|

-Added a patch to allow this fix. Which so far does seem to help out with streaming content ( I will want others to test and give input if at all possible... Thanks Hal9k+1! ).
-Made the theme less reliant on modifications to apk's ( If you want to make a theme please look at the StockPlusTheme.apk as a reference guide and if you wish to build up from it. )
-Replaced bootanimation with temp placeholder for now ( you can also replace it with any bootanimation you want... just copy the one you want to replace it with to /system/media )
-Dummied boot video from launcher since it seemed a little bit redundant ( boot animation -> boot video -> actual menu..... yea just a little )

|=========|
|-07.31.2013-|----- 1.0.393 RC1
|=========|

-Added XThemeEngine support for user themes. ( check the link out to get an idea about how to make your own themes... also look at my theme to get a start. )
-Changed back to ADB USB for my minds sake.

|=========|
|-07.18.2013-|----- 1.0.365 RC1
|=========|

-Auto-Updater blocked!
-Init.d Support
-Out-of-Box Wireless ADB

|=========|
|-07.10.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC3
|=========|

-Added Play Store fix ( Thanks to Xposed creator and WonderEkin for making the module so we all can have playstore! )
-Modified the theme to be a bit more eye pleasing

|=========|
|-07.02.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.2
|=========|

-script fail causing odex files to remain... fixed
-added temp solution to updater

|=========|
|-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2.1
|=========|

-quick patch to fix CIFS issues.

|=========|
|-07.01.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC2
|=========|

-initial release!

Download

Download here:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

MD5 : 852ac5265916574b773f29dfe151d6d3

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Mirror:

OUYA-StockPlus-1.0.519r2

StockPlusTheme_v1.0.apk

Credits

Quote:

Finally do not hold me responsible for damaging, bricking, your cat getting electrocuted and anything else.

If you enjoy this rom and feel mighty gifty then buy me my next drink!
The Following 49 Users Say Thank You to IncognitoMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IncognitoMan Ad-Free
2nd July 2013, 04:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
-=FAQ=-

Quote:

How do I mount my shares? ( or how to not get error messages or empty folders )

You'll need to set the option "unc=\\\\put.ip.address.here\\name,noperm" without quotation marks.

Quote:

Google Play Services randomly FC's while not open.

OUYA doesn't like apps running in the background so it kills them to reduce issues with games you may be playing.

Quote:

I keep getting "This module does not provide a user interface" error.

Using the touchpad on the OUYA, hover over the checkbox and tap it to "check" the module.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IncognitoMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IncognitoMan Ad-Free
2nd July 2013, 08:49 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thank you very much!

How does it affect future official updates? If i install this ROM, the automatic updates will still work? If so, will i lose the CIFS support and all the custom features of this ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaos2K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kaos2K Ad-Free
2nd July 2013, 01:58 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos2K

Thank you very much!

How does it affect future official updates? If i install this ROM, the automatic updates will still work? If so, will i lose the CIFS support and all the custom features of this ROM?

At the moment yes if an update comes out it will overwrite all changes and you will loose the features.... a quick workaround is the build.prop changes changing the update url to point to a non existent location.

Hopefully I'll have something up to fix the updater ( or rather completely remove the updater ) "soon"™.
The Following User Says Thank You to IncognitoMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IncognitoMan Ad-Free
2nd July 2013, 02:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoMan

At the moment yes if an update comes out it will overwrite all changes and you will loose the features.... a quick workaround is the build.prop changes changing the update url to point to a non existent location.

Hopefully I'll have something up to fix the updater ( or rather completely remove the updater ) "soon"™.

Oh, thank you for your answers. I'll wait patiently for the fix then
2nd July 2013, 03:16 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
So my script failed on dumping out the odex files after copying the deodexed ones back in... so that is now fixed.

Also put in the temp removal of the update url in build.prop for the time being.
2nd July 2013, 05:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,163

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So my script failed on dumping out the odex files after copying the deodexed ones back in... so that is now fixed.

Also put in the temp removal of the update url in build.prop for the time being.

Welcome to the Club my fellow DEV. If you need any help feel free to contact me or any other dev within this forum. Trust me, most of us don't bite...
10th July 2013, 02:28 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Update

Quote:

|=========|
|-07.10.2013-|----- 1.0.346 RC3
|=========|

-Added Play Store fix ( Thanks to Xposed creator and WonderEkin for making the module so we all can have playstore! )
-Modified the theme to be a bit more eye pleasing

I've also wondered whether or not to include the theme as default or make the original look default and the theme a separate flashable zip.

Anyway enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to IncognitoMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IncognitoMan Ad-Free
10th July 2013, 06:56 PM |#9  
Flag Somewhere in Texas
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Keep yours.
Quote:

Update

I've also wondered whether or not to include the theme as default or make the original look default and the theme a separate flashable zip.

Anyway enjoy!

Keep your theme, default colors suck. Hey please keep your roms coming. Please disable the autoupdate and work on the colors for the boot splash. I hope more people jump on, looks quiet around here, considering Ouya is soldout mostly everywhere. This thing is a sleeping giant.
10th July 2013, 07:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
May have to give this another go. I'm on the CM rom, but it lacks some of the essentials.

Anyone know if there's an app or launcher to get the tablet-style interface for home? The bottom bar with the back/home/recent clock/notification buttons.
10th July 2013, 07:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleK29

May have to give this another go. I'm on the CM rom, but it lacks some of the essentials.

Anyone know if there's an app or launcher to get the tablet-style interface for home? The bottom bar with the back/home/recent clock/notification buttons.

Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, I would assume almost any launcher will give you the tablet style experience. I am running Apex on mine, works fine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)