FORUMS

[ROM] ViperOne 9.0.0 ◦ Sense 7 | Tweaks, HUB, Themes, Icons, OTAs ◦ All variants

1,790 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,864

By artur0588, Senior Member on 19th June 2013, 12:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th July 2013, 06:14 PM |#5081  
Google Earth
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
forget about ota ! ..can the coming released (fixed) merge in 1 single rom (zip) ?! thanks
13th July 2013, 06:23 PM |#5082  
Recognized Developer
Flag apktool d -b -f Freetime.apk xda
Thanks Meter: 45,693

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wzu7

forget about ota ! ..can the coming released (fixed) merge in 1 single rom (zip) ?! thanks

The viperOne 2.0.0 with the new base will be definitely a new Full rom.

No idea if we are gonna to release a 1.3.0 full rom...we will see.
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to j to the 4n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2013, 06:24 PM |#5083  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,133

More
So you want to upgrade your firmware?
So a lot of you have been asking how to upgrade your firmware. Ive done it and helped several others do it, so this is a for sure fire way to get you up to where you want to be. Ive only done this on Sense-based roms.

*Disclaimer* This is going to overwrite your custom recovery, kernel and radio. I have also posted how to get all that back.

First of all, were going to get you s-off and superCID. To do that, you need to first open up a cmd prompt (I always right click and open in administrator mode) and change the directory to where your adb and fasboot is at. Example: cd c:\android\sdk\platfoorm-tools and then hit enter. Keep that same cmd prompt open because we're going to use it throughout this whole process.

S-off: Revone works great and its fast, so we're going to use that. Go to this thread and get the revone file. Now place it in the same folder that your adb and fastboot is at. Now follow the revone steps below.
Code:
1. Download revone (above) and push it to your device: adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2. Open an adb shell and:
* cd /data/local/tmp
* chmod 755 revone
3. (optional) If your device is unlocked and rooted please switch to root using su.
4. Prepare to gain S-OFF by running the command: ./revone -P
4a. If revone reports success reboot the device and proceed to step 5)
4b. If revone reboots the device (we'll pretend this isn't an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2.
4c. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2.
5. Now that revone has successfully prepared your device for S-OFF please open another adb shell (as per step 2) and change to
the /data/local/tmp directory.
6. Instruct revone to grant you S-OFF and unlock status by running the command: ./revone -s 0 -u
6a. Other optional command arguments:-
* -u - Unlock the device
* -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
* -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
* -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.
7. Presuming revone reported success please reboot the device again, this time to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
8. You should now observe your device is S-OFF (and the lock status changed if you invoked that option).
9. (optional) Re-run revone to remove TAMPERED from your HBOOT screen: ./revone -t

SuperCID:
Have your phone booted into your bootloader with a USB cable plugged in. It should say fastboot USB. If not, type: adb reboot bootloader
Once your phone is in fastboot-usb type: fastboot oem writecid 11111111
Next, to check if you are now superCID, type: fastboot reboot-bootloader and you should be showing all 1's at the top of your screen

Firmware:
Now there is some debate that the leaked 2.17 firmware has updated touch drivers and the 2.24 firmware does not... so for the sake of argument, were going to flash both in order to ensure you get everything. Go to this thread and get the 2.24.401.1 firmware from the OP, and also get the 2.17.401.1 firmware from the second post. To help you later, were going to shorten the names of the zip files.
Rename the 2.17 firmware zip file to 2.17.zip and place it in the same folder as your fastboot.
Rename the 2.24 firmware zip file to 2.24.zip and place it in the same folder as your fastboot.

Were going to check what firmware version you are on now. Your cmd prompt should still be open. Type: fastbbot getvar all. A list should come up in your cmd prompt. Look for version-main: and it will say something like 1.26.xxx.x or 1.29.xxxx.x. This is the version you are on right now. Were going to upgrade you higher.

Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU (wait for device to reboot into a black screen with a silver htc logo)
Type: fastboot flash zip 2.17.zip and wait for process to complete
After a success message, retype the same command (fastboot flash zip 2.17.zip) and wait for process to complete (this is because the first time it transfers the files and the second time it actually flashes them)
When its done the green bar will either be at the end, or will stop at around 75%. Just watch your cmd prompt and when it says successful just type: fastboot reboot-bootloader

Now, type: fastboot oem rebootRUU
Type: fastboot flash zip 2.24.zip and wait for the process to complete
After a success message, retype the same command (fastboot flash zip 2.24.zip) and wait for process to complete (this is because the first time it transfers the files and the second time it actually flashes them)
When its done the green bar will either be at the end, or will stop at around 75%. Just watch your cmd prompt and when it says successful just type: fastboot reboot-bootloader
Now type: fastboot getvar all and look for version-main. It should now read 2.24

Recovery:
Because the firmware packages replaces your custom recovery with stock, we need to now push your custom recovery back to your phone.
I use TWRP, so thats what Im going to use for this guide. If you prefer CWM, then get that file and follow the same steps.

Go to this thread and get TWRP. Rename the file to twrp.img and place it in the same folder as your fastboot. Your phone should still be in fastboot, if not, get there.
Type: fastboot erase cache
Type: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Kernel:
http://goo.gl/p1QDq <-- Link to the latest stock kernel that comes with ViperOne. This firmware method is for a Sense rom. By flashing the latest 2.24 firmware, it upgraded you to the latest radio and latest kernel. If you're not comfortable with that, then you can downgrade the kernel to the same one that comes with Viper.

If you dont want the latest radio, you can flash your choice of radio if you have one, or boot up and grab whatever radio you want, reboot back into your recovery and flash it. Also, if you dont want to stay at superCID, then you can always boot back into fastboot and put your CID back to whatever you want. I stayed at superCID since Im not going to be receiving OTA's from HTC since Im staying on ViperOne.

Credits go to: ieftm for revone, mike1986 for the firmwares, Flyhalf205 for TWRP, Turge & Jan for ViperOne rom/kernel
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to Red5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Red5 Ad-Free
13th July 2013, 06:26 PM |#5084  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Just flashed this Rom yday.. loving it.. it's smooth.. will see couple days how it goes.. but so far so good . Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
13th July 2013, 06:30 PM |#5085  
Thanks Meter: 533

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j to the 4n

The viperOne 2.0.0 with the new base will be definitely a new Full rom.

No idea if we are gonna to release a 1.3.0 full rom...we will see.

Hope full Rom with new base can be dirty flashable over 1.3 and does not require a full wipe ?

One if The best feature of this Rom is ota which avoids downloading huge files for every update

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
The Following User Says Thank You to saj2001ind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saj2001ind Ad-Free
13th July 2013, 06:35 PM |#5086  
Flag Orland Park ILLINOIS
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

So a lot of you have been asking how to upgrade your firmware. Ive done it and helped several others do it, so this is a for sure fire way to get you up to where you want to be. Ive only done this on Sense-based roms.

*Disclaimer* This is going to overwrite your custom recovery, kernel and radio. I have also posted how to get all that back.

First of all, were going to get you s-off and superCID. To do that, you need to first open up a cmd prompt (I always right click and open in administrator mode) and change the directory to where your adb and fasboot is at. Example: cd c:\android\sdk\platfoorm-tools and then hit enter. Keep that same cmd prompt open because we're going to use it throughout this whole process.

S-off: Revone works great and its fast, so we're going to use that. Go to this thread and get the revone file. Now place it in the same folder that your adb and fastboot is at. Now follow the revone steps below.

Code:
1. Download revone (above) and push it to your device: adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2. Open an adb shell and:
* cd /data/local/tmp
* chmod 755 revone
3. (optional) If your device is unlocked and rooted please switch to root using su.
4. Prepare to gain S-OFF by running the command: ./revone -P
4a. If revone reports success reboot the device and proceed to step 5)
4b. If revone reboots the device (we'll pretend this isn't an undiagnosed random crash) please wait 2 minutes then try again from step 2.
4c. If revone reports that you need to reboot and try again please reboot and try again from step 2.
5. Now that revone has successfully prepared your device for S-OFF please open another adb shell (as per step 2) and change to
the /data/local/tmp directory.
6. Instruct revone to grant you S-OFF and unlock status by running the command: ./revone -s 0 -u
6a. Other optional command arguments:-
* -u - Unlock the device
* -l - Lock the device (as if it was never unlocked)
* -r - Relock the device (mark the device as relocked)
* -t - Reset the device's tamper flag.
7. Presuming revone reported success please reboot the device again, this time to the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader)
8. You should now observe your device is S-OFF (and the lock status changed if you invoked that option).
9. (optional) Re-run revone to remove TAMPERED from your HBOOT screen: ./revone -t

SuperCID:
Have your phone booted into your bootloader with a USB cable plugged in. It should say fastboot USB. If not, type: adb reboot bootloader
Once your phone is in fastboot-usb type: fastboot oem writecid 11111111
Next, to check if you are now superCID, type: fastboot reboot-bootloader and you should be showing all 1's at the top of your screen

Firmware:
Now there is some debate that the leaked 2.17 firmware has updated touch drivers and the 2.24 firmware does not... so for the sake of argument, were going to flash both in order to ensure you get everything. Go to this thread and get the 2.24.401.1 firmware from the OP, and also get the 2.17.401.1 firmware from the second post. To help you later, were going to shorten the names of the zip files.
Rename the 2.17 firmware zip file to 2.17.zip and place it in the same folder as your fastboot.
Rename the 2.24 firmware zip file to 2.24.zip and place it in the same folder as your fastboot.

Were going to check what firmware version you are on now. Your cmd prompt should still be open. Type: fastbbot getvar all. A list should come up in your cmd prompt. Look for version-main: and it will say something like 1.26.xxx.x or 1.29.xxxx.x. This is the version you are on right now. Were going to upgrade you higher.

Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU (wait for device to reboot into a black screen with a silver htc logo)
Type: fastboot flash zip 2.17.zip and wait for process to complete
After a success message, retype the same command (fastboot flash zip 2.17.zip) and wait for process to complete (this is because the first time it transfers the files and the second time it actually flashes them)

Now, type: fastboot oem rebootRUU
Type: fastboot flash zip 2.24.zip and wait for the process to complete
After a success message, retype the same command (fastboot flash zip 2.24.zip) and wait for process to complete (this is because the first time it transfers the files and the second time it actually flashes them)
Now type: fastboot getvar all and look for version-main. It should now read 2.24

Recovery:
Because the firmware packages replaces your custom recovery with stock, we need to now push your custom recovery back to your phone.
I use TWRP, so thats what Im going to use for this guide. If you prefer CWM, then get that file and follow the same steps.

Go to this thread and get TWRP. Rename the file to twrp.img and place it in the same folder as your fastboot. Your phone should still be in fastboot, if not, get there.
Type: fastboot erase cache
Type: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

Kernel:
This firmware method is for a Sense rom. By flashing the latest 2.24 firmware, it upgraded you to the latest radio and latest kernel. If you're not comfortable with that, then you can downgrade the kernel to the same one that comes with Viper. I'll attach a flashable zip that you can now flash inside your recovery.

If you dont want the latest radio, you can flash your choice of radio if you have one, or boot up and grab whatever radio you want, reboot back into your recovery and flash it. Also, if you dont want to stay at superCID, then you can always boot back into fastboot and put your CID back to whatever you want. I stayed at superCID since Im not going to be receiving OTA's from HTC since Im staying on ViperOne.

Credits go to:ieftm for revone, mike1986 for the firmwares, Flyhalf205 for TWRP, Turge & Jan for ViperOne

Hey, I flashed modified 2.24 last night ...
How I can check if all touch drivers work because everything seems to work just fine.
Thanks
13th July 2013, 06:37 PM |#5087  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 10,873

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by j to the 4n

He didnt reply yet...but bulletproof kernel works fine with the new kernel settings. Actually there are no adjustments required for flars kernel..maybe some additions would be cool though.

Neo will work on a stockish VenomOne Kernel for us. Close to stock, with some necessary fixes and all that button stuff of course as addition.

Kk, just got home from hospital and will do some stuff tonight when i have something i hit u pm
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to n3ocort3x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift n3ocort3x Ad-Free
13th July 2013, 06:39 PM |#5088  
Thanks Meter: 533

More
Is there a way to change screen touch sound like cm or any other

13th July 2013, 06:40 PM |#5089  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Can you plz fix the transparent app drawer glitch

13th July 2013, 06:45 PM |#5090  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 2,133

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99piotrek

Hey, I flashed modified 2.24 last night ...
How I can check if all touch drivers work because everything seems to work just fine.
Thanks

Did you have to redo your recovery? What recovery are you on now? If you have twrp and you didn't install the new one, then you don't have the new touch drivers because the new touch drivers break twrp. The new 2.6.0.1 twrp fixed the issue and works with the new touch drivers.

If you have an older version of twrp (he just put the new one up a couple of days ago) and you got the new touch drivers, touch on twrp won't work. That's how you can tell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Red5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Red5 Ad-Free
13th July 2013, 07:06 PM |#5091  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Will the new base have the updated touch drivers so that I don't have to go to the whole procedure of flashing 2.17 and 2.24?

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk 4 Beta
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
team venom, tweaks, viperone

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)