OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,402

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benno4403

Yes I did! Reported few pages back

UPDATE: I tried installing the latest night lies and older nightlies as well as the other rom versions.. the issue seems to be on every version so i am not sure how to fix it.. but it would be great if it is fixable so we can all enjoy navigation

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Well, nothing has changed in ROM's display blobs so it's something Maps is doing different now. Did you try to disable HW overlays like I pointed out earlier? It could be something similar that used to plague Chrome but got better over time with Chrome updates.

14th July 2013, 01:12 PM |#3262  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustaavalkosta

Well, nothing has changed in ROM's display blobs so it's something Maps is doing different now. Did you try to disable HW overlays like I pointed out earlier? It could be something similar that used to plague Chrome but got better over time with Chrome updates.

I've tried disabling, enabling all sorts but it still flickers. Also I seem to have an issue with GPS, it takes over 10mins to get a lock then struggles to hold the lock. I've not run any of the GPS apps yet.

Also is anyone having issues with waze, as soon as I open it it just closes with no error.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
14th July 2013, 01:33 PM |#3263  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rymättylä
Thanks Meter: 9,402

Donate to Me
More
SR1
This will be the last milestone release until CM puts out another stable release or I get big enough breakthrough somewhere that it will require building a new ROM. This is just a heads up not to wait milestone builds to continue monthly. There's not much point to release almost identical ROMs just that people can feel they have the latest stuff in their phones. For that purpose there are nightlies.

I also cleaned up directory structure a bit on codefi.re and thus also on goo.im. Nightlies can be found under "nightlies" directory from now on and these milestone builds are under "releases". I hope this change makes it a bit easier to follow the logic behind the builds.

Thanks for all the contributions since RC5!

Download: [codefi.re][goo.im]
Buttonlight patch: [codefi.re][goo.im]
Perf kernel: [codefi.re][goo.im]
Changelog: [pastebin]
Manifest: [github]

ps. I recently got asked for an Android related job and I'll start soon so my time with this will be a bit more limited than it has been this far but I don't see this as a huge problem as the most time-consuming and urgent stage for this rom is already far behind.
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to Mustaavalkosta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mustaavalkosta Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 02:10 PM |#3264  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:

ps. I recently got asked for an Android related job and I'll start soon

Congrats!
The Following User Says Thank You to MusikMonk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MusikMonk Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 02:35 PM |#3265  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusikMonk

Congrats!

Congrats from me too, and again thank You for Your work!
Is possible to flash this SR1 over RC5 whithout wipes?
A curiosity: what "SR" stands for?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to eryunt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eryunt Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 02:36 PM |#3266  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 303

More
SR = Stable Release
14th July 2013, 03:08 PM |#3267  
Flag North
Thanks Meter: 260

Donate to Me
More
When I saw SR1 I though ..yes a new release and marked as stable

Anyone know the changes between RC5 and SR1?

P.S. RC5 is quite stable to me, its like a stock rom in a new phone and I bet people who are clueless about android won't notice that.
14th July 2013, 03:14 PM |#3268  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Congrats man!!
The Following User Says Thank You to hypnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hypnz Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 03:16 PM |#3269  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:

Changelog: [pastebin]
Manifest: [github]

ps. I recently got asked for an Android related job and I'll start soon so my time with this will be a bit more limited than it has been this far but I don't see this as a huge problem as the most time-consuming and urgent stage for this rom is already far behind.

You deserved for the job. Congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evronetwork

When I saw SR1 I though ..yes a new release and marked as stable

Anyone know whats the changes between RC5 and SR1?

P.S. RC5 is quite stable to me, its like a stock rom in a new phone and I bet people who are clueless about android won't notice that.

^
Look more precisely |
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bestfil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bestfil Ad-Free
14th July 2013, 03:30 PM |#3270  
Flag North
Thanks Meter: 260

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfil

You deserved for the job. Congratulations.

^
Look more precisely |

Thanks, although I expected something small and easy to my eyes :P
14th July 2013, 03:39 PM |#3271  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestfil

In my case, before changes in build.prop (without "singlepdp" value)
I set my both apns with value *,supl

Then I was able to switch between the manually and both worked seperately.

It was important to put "supl" value in mms apn to have this big fat dot on the right of mms apn in apn menu.

Next thing is that go sms managed some update and even without swithing to mms apn as active, there was a chance to download mms via go sms app.

Adding supl to mms apn and saving it, when I tap dot to select mms APN, it switches between apns successfully but after some seconds (5/6) it reverts back to web APN without I do nothing. When I choose mms apn (with supl), the data connection turns off and then on again, and in that moment, when takes the signal, APN switches back to web one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

Try to use the settings from here http://www.wind.it/it/servizi/scheda89.phtml
The MMS Proxy seems to be wrong in CM. It should be 212.245.244.100.

Yet tried that settings, with both proxy addresses as well and it doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb_nl

But this is in your log:

The app is not allowed to read your apn settings somehow (WRITE_APN_SETTINGS is also used for reading).

Try to install the latest nightly and do a factory reset.

I'm on rc5 with last perf kernel, not an old version. My phone is stable and smooth. I clean flashed a lot of rom (including the last one) and mms had never work. Repeat, they worked only on stock rom (rooted) with default settings. I don't want to format phone now, because I think it's unuseful in order making work mms. Is there any other important error in logs?
Thanks to all.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.1, ace, cm10.1, cyanogenmod, desire hd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)