[ROM][7/15] - AT&T Stock Rooted De-Odex "MF3" - Latest OTA! - No F/W Update Required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
[ROM][7/15] - AT&T Stock Rooted De-Odex "MF3" - Latest OTA! - No F/W Update Required!

This is the latest MF3 OTA From that was just pushed late last week.

You do not need to change any firmware partitions for this to work!

However you do have to be on the MDL Firmware!

This ROM is NOT loki'ed so you will need an auto Loki Recovery of will need to flash Loki-Doki Patch!

Features
  • Stock Rooted MF3 Update
  • De-Odexed
  • Zip aligned
  • busybox
  • init.d support
  • unsecured boot image (ADB as root)
  • KNOX Warning removed
  • Not Loki'ed
  • MD5: 2BC7C21439A941B802FC43A7070A3204

ATT-MF3.png

Download HERE!
MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks! My Last Stock Root had 400 Downloads and only 38 Thanks!
Its not hard to hit Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Scott

Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
  • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
  • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
  • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
  • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
  • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Hit Thanks!

Last edited:

hamzer11

Dec 5, 2010
Great work once again. My wife refuses to go to custom ROMs and this week I quickly rooted her phone and froze updates so she wouldn't lose the ability to do so in the future. Only downside was not getting the latest update. Then here you are solving that issue for me. It's like you were in my head or something! :silly:

Newbie type question though - will data be effected by flashing this or can i just flash on top stock and retain all her data, apps, accounts and settings?

Thanks

Last edited:

truckmann

Jan 20, 2011
This may be a stupid question, but If I run this to update from MDL will it wipe my apps and have to re-install them and will I loose my customizations to make google wallet and Hangouts video chat over the network work?

morbidz

Apr 2, 2011
worked great on stock rooted with TWRP, just had to remember to flash loki-doki :)

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
nice job scott!! :good: mind if is use this as a base ?

Another Pro on the job, can't wait for your version either. Looking forward to it.
Early thanks to you also.

Now let me ask the stupid question, if I flash this, can we still have the ability to run custom roms after? meaning, we won't be locked into MF3 will we.

pinoymutt

Nov 7, 2008
SoCal
Quick question / curious observation -- on the screenshot, I noticed you have MF3 as the build version, but MDL as the modem still.

Did you revert back to MDL, or does this package not flash/include the MF3 modem?

Scott

Great work once again. My wife refuses to go to custom ROMs and this week I quickly rooted her phone and froze updates so she wouldn't lose the ability to do so in the future. Only downside was not getting the latest update. Then here you are solving that issue for me. It's like you were in my head or something! :silly:

Newbie type question though - will data be effected by flashing this or can i just flash on top stock and retain all her data, apps, accounts and settings?

Thanks

It should be a solid inplace update going from stock to stock rooted.

This may be a stupid question, but If I run this to update from MDL will it wipe my apps and have to re-install them and will I loose my customizations to make google wallet and Hangouts video chat over the network work?
You will loose those, yes.

Its a stock ROM.

Well good morning to me. :)

Thank you Scott!!
Good night to me!

worked great on stock rooted with TWRP, just had to remember to flash loki-doki :)
Yep, should work on any recovery. I left Loki out of it because of the variations of people and configurations that will flash this.

Wow, thanks, this should be good, I knew to wait until a professional got a hold of it: :D Thanks serious.
Word!
I actually had this done the about an hour after the OTA was out...

Long story short... I had a bad binary updater file that caused me to pull my already thin hair out. Then another guy, jetlitheone, gave me a really simple idea... Try another updater binary... and... BOOM!

SO credits to jetlitheone for making me not go insane on this build.

Funny thing... No ****... It was the same binary I used on every version of the S4 ROMS I have made before this one... I dont get it... But its now in the past, lol :silly:

nice job scott!! :good: mind if is use this as a base ?

Anyone can use this ROM for any thing they want. Please refer to post #2. Whenever I post a stock rooted ROM its for EVERYONE to make there own or make a public ROM out of.

All yours man...

But credit for the base should be given of course!

Now let me ask the stupid question, if I flash this, can we still have the ability to run custom roms after? meaning, we won't be locked into MF3 will we.

No, this is JUST the ROM, no firmware, no radios, etc.

You can flash this on the MDL firmware just like any other ROM and swap back to any other ROM.

BUt this thing, cleaned up, is HELLA SMOOTH!

Even stock rooted untweaked is smooth! I was impressed! I was about to chuck the S4 after using my HTC One... BUt now I will keep both :D

Quick question / curious observation -- on the screenshot, I noticed you have MF3 as the build version, but MDL as the modem still.

Did you revert back to MDL, or does this package not flash/include the MF3 modem?

See above, just the ROM. You do your own modem.

Do not flash any of the SBL's are in another post. They are simply not needed for this ROM. I made it work with the old firmware... Which is the most safe route to go!!!

You can however flash the MF3 radio! Heard it runs good on this base according to a couple guys in my CleanROM thread.

Last edited:
J

jetlitheone

No, this is JUST the ROM, no firmware, no radios, etc.

You can flash this on the MDL firmware just like any other ROM and swap back to any other ROM.

BUt this thing, cleaned up, is HELLA SMOOTH!

Even stock rooted untweaked is smooth! I was impressed! I was about to chuck the S4 after using my HTC One... BUt now I will keep both :D

Yeah everyone you can find the radios/modem quite easy, if you guys cannot I can link a flashable zip once I find it :p

thanks for the credit, luckily I was up :p never sleep

edit: ran out of thanks ! :|

marcelcabrerajr

Nov 7, 2007
san diego
Difference between this and Cleanrom 1.5?

hi scott!

just wondering what is the difference between this ROM and CleanRom 1.5?

is this one just complete Stock ATT? ( NON-CleanRom Modified?)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is the latest MF3 OTA From that was just pushed late last week.

You do not need to change any firmware partitions for this to work!

However you do have to be on the MDL Firmware!

This ROM is NOT loki'ed so you will need an auto Loki Recovery of will need to flash Loki-Doki Patch!

Features
    • Stock Rooted MF3 Update
    • De-Odexed
    • Zip aligned
    • busybox
    • init.d support
    • unsecured boot image (ADB as root)
    • KNOX Warning removed
    • Not Loki'ed
    • MD5: 2BC7C21439A941B802FC43A7070A3204

ATT-MF3.png

Download HERE!
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks! My Last Stock Root had 400 Downloads and only 38 Thanks!
    Its not hard to hit Thanks!

Sharing Policy

• The spirit of Open Source is to share your knowledge and files with the rest of the world so they can improve on what you do when possible. This is also my philosophy and I would never compromise that!
    • You are free to use this ROM or any part of this ROM any way you like as long as you give proper credits!
    • Do not use my work if you cannot give proper credits!
    • Consider this your permission! Please do not PM me asking if its OK to build off this ROM. Permission granted!
    • However this does not include my CleanROM series of ROMS. Please do not use those without contacting me first!
    • This ROM is not a CleanROM. Its a stock rooted and all yours!

Hit Thanks!
    Canadian users can flash the attached patch to use this ROM.
    All of my thanks today might go to you...

Sent from my Xooma Xoom Xoom

Thanks for the Thanks :angel:
    First! Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium

Your Welcome!