739 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,818

Post Reply Email Thread
14th July 2013, 02:56 PM |#31  
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Great
well since my connection broke down i wasnt able to post review of this rom....now its temp fixed...

So..initially looking at this rom on webpage i didnt read about it much just downloaded and installed...and.......viola....

IN my opinion samsung should buy this rom and load it as jb version for samsung galaxy fit....it s that good....

it has looks and feel of a stock rom.. this release has a number of minor bugs but ididnt experienced any that other mentioned mainly mounting and unmounting of usb storage...only minor bugs...Everything works fine no "classic lags" found.

earlier the roms that were made by the members through their hard work and understanding were good bcoz it was like new clothes for your old phone....it inspired many to make different types/functions.....But this looks original company made for this device....

i thought system apps were incomplete so i added pdf reader(thinkfree), news and weather , among others....
and guess what EFFEM (the fm radio made by member) worked.. it wouldn't work on others it would FC as soon as it is opened...though the effem worked it would only connect to radio mirchi(india 98.3fm) at all numbers...at least it worked...im happy..

I deleted the 40app2sd script because it making my phone laggy ...installed link2sd and i installed like 49 apps and still have space of 110 mb left....hats off to matrixDJ96 for the odex and all...i would sometimes go from erickas cm 10 to stock rom because of space issues u are right abt it matrixdj in ur thread....rest all works fine as cm 10.....

and the security section in the rom is awesome would stop the permission i hv doubt over....

since u are adding reasonable additions i would request you to take care of the wallpapersize...in stock rom (2.2.1)suppose a jpg img if want it as wallpaper it would fully cover 240/320 vertically and would display the fully image as wallpaper you get full image as wallpaper nothing gets truncated/missed,i.e full image.now in current roms if i want the same image(stone cold raising beer) as wallpaper it would get cropped and would get the middle part hands and feet wouldn't get ...and the image horizontally long would not hv such cropping problems ...see to it if u can do....

No extra scripts added all works fine......

HUGE praise for your stock jb rom for Samsung Galaxy FIT...(first one of its kind for this device)
The Following User Says Thank You to mni ANKIT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mni ANKIT Ad-Free

15th July 2013, 07:39 AM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mni ANKIT

well since my connection broke down i wasnt able to post review of this rom....now its temp fixed...

So..initially looking at this rom on webpage i didnt read about it much just downloaded and installed...and.......viola....

IN my opinion samsung should buy this rom and load it as jb version for samsung galaxy fit....it s that good....

it has looks and feel of a stock rom.. this release has a number of minor bugs but ididnt experienced any that other mentioned mainly mounting and unmounting of usb storage...only minor bugs...Everything works fine no "classic lags" found.

earlier the roms that were made by the members through their hard work and understanding were good bcoz it was like new clothes for your old phone....it inspired many to make different types/functions.....But this looks original company made for this device....

i thought system apps were incomplete so i added pdf reader(thinkfree), news and weather , among others....
and guess what EFFEM (the fm radio made by member) worked.. it wouldn't work on others it would FC as soon as it is opened...though the effem worked it would only connect to radio mirchi(india 98.3fm) at all numbers...at least it worked...im happy..

I deleted the 40app2sd script because it making my phone laggy ...installed link2sd and i installed like 49 apps and still have space of 110 mb left....hats off to matrixDJ96 for the odex and all...i would sometimes go from erickas cm 10 to stock rom because of space issues u are right abt it matrixdj in ur thread....rest all works fine as cm 10.....

and the security section in the rom is awesome would stop the permission i hv doubt over....

since u are adding reasonable additions i would request you to take care of the wallpapersize...in stock rom (2.2.1)suppose a jpg img if want it as wallpaper it would fully cover 240/320 vertically and would display the fully image as wallpaper you get full image as wallpaper nothing gets truncated/missed,i.e full image.now in current roms if i want the same image(stone cold raising beer) as wallpaper it would get cropped and would get the middle part hands and feet wouldn't get ...and the image horizontally long would not hv such cropping problems ...see to it if u can do....

No extra scripts added all works fine......

HUGE praise for your stock jb rom for Samsung Galaxy FIT...(first one of its kind for this device)

Many thanks for the review

The wallpaper can't be set in portrait mode because of the launcher. There aren't many launchers on the market that still have this portrait wallpaper mode. But I'll look into that.
15th July 2013, 05:59 PM |#33  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Quote:

You can use Picspeed wallpaper app. Just open the image in gallery and set as wallpaper via picspeed.
works on all launchers and roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harpratap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harpratap Ad-Free
17th July 2013, 05:36 AM |#34  
Flag Monastir - Tunisia
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Great work on this ROM! It feels very smooth ^^ . But as the other CM10.1 I've tested, I don't find the Performance menu in Settings ? Any Idea why?
17th July 2013, 08:15 AM |#35  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkan-t29

Great work on this ROM! It feels very smooth ^^ . But as the other CM10.1 I've tested, I don't find the Performance menu in Settings ? Any Idea why?

Go to Settings->About and press Build number 7 times.

I wonder why CM team hides these..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alin.p For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alin.p Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 07:52 PM |#36  
Flag Nagpur

More
Second Review
after using device for some days rom crashes and goes into continous bootloop.. did changed governor setiingsand miscellnaeous settings...i dont know bcoz in initially after flashing and instaling app wouldn't show any irregular in logcat....i just found this about after my batery drained completely after night that this conitnuous bootloop is causing the problem..

To solve this i formatted and did start afresh many timmes and kept close look over the device...so i found out after some days of regular usage it just freezes/crashes and goes into continuous boot ..Even going to recovery and rebooting he system couldn't solve. at first i thought maybe it maybe hardware problem so i flashed other roms with same apps to install which i install normally ididnt fing any major bug or something......

Please look into this siezure bcoz i likd your rom. maybe iits an lag causing this bootloop ,,... Logcat can taken in loops??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpratap

You can use Picspeed wallpaper app. Just open the image in gallery and set as wallpaper via picspeed.
works on all launchers and roms.

Its an temporary solution but still thanks.....after some time the app loses control over its defined settings and whoosh the wallpaper spreads according to system default setings....
9th August 2013, 08:07 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:

after using device for some days rom crashes and goes into continous bootloop.. did changed governor setiingsand miscellnaeous settings...i dont know bcoz in initially after flashing and instaling app wouldn't show any irregular in logcat....i just found this about after my batery drained completely after night that this conitnuous bootloop is causing the problem..

To solve this i formatted and did start afresh many timmes and kept close look over the device...so i found out after some days of regular usage it just freezes/crashes and goes into continuous boot ..Even going to recovery and rebooting he system couldn't solve. at first i thought maybe it maybe hardware problem so i flashed other roms with same apps to install which i install normally ididnt fing any major bug or something......

Please look into this siezure bcoz i likd your rom. maybe iits an lag causing this bootloop ,,... Logcat can taken in loops??

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Its an temporary solution but still thanks.....after some time the app loses control over its defined settings and whoosh the wallpaper spreads according to system default setings....

Logcat starts spitting out debug messages right after the kernel is loaded(after the Galaxy Mini bootsplash dissapears), so yeah, you can check the logcat in bootloops. But not on my kernel, I disabled any form of debugging to avoid wasting resources. If you want to see the logcat, you have to flash a stock kernel.

It's not something about the system causing these bootloops, as I was using the same ROM daily for about two months and never had any problems. It's something installed or modified by the user interfering with the system. But I can't simply guess. A logcat would be really helpful.
9th August 2013, 09:33 PM |#38  
Flag Nagpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alin.p

Logcat starts spitting out debug messages right after the kernel is loaded(after the Galaxy Mini bootsplash dissapears), so yeah, you can check the logcat in bootloops. But not on my kernel, I disabled any form of debugging to avoid wasting resources. If you want to see the logcat, you have to flash a stock kernel.

It's not something about the system causing these bootloops, as I was using the same ROM daily for about two months and never had any problems. It's something installed or modified by the user interfering with the system. But I can't simply guess. A logcat would be really helpful.

Adding apps can crash te rom to ( /system/app) besides im following settings that you provided....Will look for possible reasons..Thnx..
9th August 2013, 09:54 PM |#39  
OP Senior Member
Flag Iasi

More
Quote:

Adding apps can crash te rom to ( /system/app) besides im following settings that you provided....Will look for possible reasons..Thnx..

Yes, new system apps can crash the rom if they depend on some proprietary libs and you don't add them too, or if they have a conflicting activity name. But I doubt this is the problem. Flash the boot.img from the original CM10.1 and post a logcat on pastebin.com. I'll take a look on that if you have trouble reading logcats.
10th August 2013, 04:45 PM |#40  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 607

More
Quote:

Its not temporary,its the 'only' solution.AOSP gallery and launcher do not have that feature,hence you wont see them even in CM or any other rom.
Writing own code and baking it into the system is only option otherwise.
And app doesn't loses control,our phone does. Whenever the launcher is killed by system to free up ram, the old values get applied.
If you use the same app on cm7 you won't get that 'spread'
11th August 2013, 11:55 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 737

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpratap

Its not temporary,its the 'only' solution.AOSP gallery and launcher do not have that feature,hence you wont see them even in CM or any other rom.
Writing own code and baking it into the system is only option otherwise.
And app doesn't loses control,our phone does. Whenever the launcher is killed by system to free up ram, the old values get applied.
If you use the same app on cm7 you won't get that 'spread'

As far as i know, the image resolution must be double the size of the phone's resolution's width (in our case 240 is width resolution, so the wallpaper resolution must be 480x320) then the image doesn't appear to be cut at any end but still the image looks zoom in..maybe android system's fault
The Following User Says Thank You to swat4samp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swat4samp Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)