[PSA] New Firmware update for Canadian Galaxy S4 SGH-M919V

Search This thread

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
There's a new OTA update available for the Galaxy S4 SGH-M919V variant from Wind Mobile, Eastlink, Videotron in Canada.

This is the update that finally brings the much awaited Apps2SD feature to our phones. It also includes the following enhancements:
- Some new icons in the settings
- Additional 'Smart Pause' button in quick settings
- Stability improvements
- Upgrades the camera firmware.
- Storage shown as 16GB now, but 6.38 GB is occupied by System memory under 'Misc'.

Firmware version: M919VVLUAMG1

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-52-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-52-56.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2,166
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-53-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-53-48.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,766
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-53-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-53-55.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,713
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-56-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-10-56-46.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,596
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-11-04-03.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-11-04-03.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,646
  • Screenshot_2013-07-17-11-04-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-17-11-04-07.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,546

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
Will the update kill ROOT?

The OTA will fail to update if you're rooted.

I had to Odin back to stock and then apply the OTA update.

So yes, the update will break root.
I haven't tried to root it since, so I can't report any progress there.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

macaumen

Jan 5, 2011
The OTA will fail to update if you're rooted.

I had to Odin back to stock and then apply the OTA update.

So yes, the update will break root.
I haven't tried to root it since, so I can't report any progress there.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It failed because it said your device is modified and prevent you from updating or it failed in the middle of updating?

archtech3d

Sep 22, 2008
Savannah, GA
infinitywatchfaces.com
I love how they are trying to hide the space the system uses under miscellaneous. This might trick people into not complaining about having more available disk space. I've heard good things about this update... Just want it already.

Still lovin' Tmo more than Sprint!!! 15-26mb beats 100k all day long. And I enjoy being able turn the camera sound off without rooting. ;)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium

Burner2K0

Dec 24, 2010
Miami
T-Mobile is usually quick to send out updates, I wonder why it's taking them long to release this one? The S3 got the JB update pretty quick if I'm not mistaken.

Luthien1

Nov 14, 2010
T-Mobile is usually quick to send out updates, I wonder why it's taking them long to release this one? The S3 got the JB update pretty quick if I'm not mistaken.

you can blame me for the update not being released and it wont be released for months, according to my sources. I talked to t mobile about all the bugs they have, so they said fine, we will do everything never to give bugs again, hence a long update period...It was probably my phone calls that lead to this wait

Burner2K0

Dec 24, 2010
Miami
you can blame me for the update not being released and it wont be released for months, according to my sources. I talked to t mobile about all the bugs they have, so they said fine, we will do everything never to give bugs again, hence a long update period...It was probably my phone calls that lead to this wait

You son of a ..... ;__; :crying:

Reactions: cryptic3

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
I realize it's always an agonizing wait to get your hands on the newest firmware. However, there's a bright side to it. You all are still able to root and tinker with your devices.

I haven't been able to root the newest firmware using motochopper and am hesitant to try CF-Autoroot because in the case it does trip the flash counter and I loose root, I won't be able to reset it.

So, by the time tmobile sends out the update, there hopefully is a way to root.

stevessvt

Nov 6, 2010
Lake Worth
I realize it's always an agonizing wait to get your hands on the newest firmware. However, there's a bright side to it. You all are still able to root and tinker with your devices.

I haven't been able to root the newest firmware using motochopper and am hesitant to try CF-Autoroot because in the case it does trip the flash counter and I loose root, I won't be able to reset it.

So, by the time tmobile sends out the update, there hopefully is a way to root.

Next time if your already rooted you can grab the app voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, which should be able to protect and reapply root after an update.

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
Next time if your already rooted you can grab the app voodoo OTA Rootkeeper, which should be able to protect and reapply root after an update.

Thanks for that tip. However, I doubt it would've worked because since I was rooted, the update failed to complete installing around 25%. So, I had to odin back to stock and then apply the OTA. Probably something to do with a locked bootloader.

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
Can someone make a flashable rom with these update fir T-Mobile?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So its official. TMo is the last carrier on Earth to get this update.

tmobile needs to speed up this apps to sd update.....
    man, i got excited for a minute when i read new firmware update.

You son of a ..... ;__; :crying: