[MOD][Xposed] S-View Music Controls [2.5: Spotify support]

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed framework!

The S-View cover is really handy, it displays the date, time, your notifications, allows you to answer calls and dismiss alarms, and shows your currently playing song. The last part only works with the stock music player, and doesn't allow interactions.

This mod allows you to display metadata from and control the following players:
  • Stock Samsung Music Player
  • PowerAMP
  • Google Play Music
  • Spotify
  • Limited support for any music player that supports metachanged intent and media buttons

Swiping left or right allows you to change the current song, long pressing the screen for a configurable time allows you to toggle playback.

Most variables are configurable in settings. To access settings, open Xposed Installer, find the module and click on it, I didn't want to add another icon to the launcher, it got cluttered by enough Xposed modules doing that already...

Screenshots:

HMSGFsol.jpg
hMe8phsl.png

Compatibility:
Obviously, this needs the Galaxy S4 to work, since it's the only device with an S View cover at the moment.

Source:
The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SView-MusicControls
You may not post this on the Play Store, whether free or paid.

Download:
Get it from the Play Store or http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Android/Xposed/SViewMusicControls_2.6.apk

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal or buying the paid version.

• rovo89 for his Xposed Framework
  • Dr.Alexander_Breen for his help with IRemoteControlDisplay (used in testing version, never really made it in 2.0)
  • Tungstwenty for method to detect if a module is enabled (from Master Key Patch source).
  • Chainfire for ways to enable/disable activities (multi-icon tutorial)
  • MrC85 for helping me with Spotify support.

Changelog:

[2.6]
  • Fixed swipe not working for default player when Swipe only while playing is checked.

[2.5]
  • Added copyright info to settings.

[2.4]
  • Added Spotify support.
  • Added warnings if Xposed-related problems are detected.
  • Added launcher icon for people who were asking why this has no icon. It can be disabled in settings.
  • Changed default music player to one everyone has: Samsung's.
  • Long press now enabled by default.
  • Added debug mode, enabling this makes TTS speak what the app is detecting.

[2.3]
  • Added option to enable swipe gestures only while playing music.

[2.2]
  • Stock music player control support.
  • Paid version on Play Store. Below is the same exact free version for xda users, please don't share it.

[2.1]
  • Rewrote long press implementation, old one had a lot of bugs.
  • Fixed placeholder album art not showing for Poweramp songs.
  • You won't see this: worked on base foundation for ticker support. This would soon allow apps to hook onto this to display their own scrolling text. This text will show up where the title is, scroll once, then the original text will be shown (current song or otherwise).

[2.0]
  • Google Play Music support.
  • Skip tracks in other players by swiping left/right, metadata won't be shown.
  • Fixed swipes only working on the clock, and not the actual song text.
  • Show placeholders when no album art is found.

[1.1]
  • Support basic gestures to change songs.

[1.0]
  • Initial release.

Last edited:

tocirah1

Jul 16, 2013
Would it be possible to get Air Gesture and Voice Control working with a non-stock music player? Is all that stuff coded directly into the Music Player or the Framework? Could it be modded to just send general "Next Track" commands etc?

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Would it be possible to get Air Gesture and Voice Control working with a non-stock music player? Is all that stuff coded directly into the Music Player or the Framework? Could it be modded to just send general "Next Track" commands etc?

Good question actually. I think Voice Control is part of S Voice so that may be doable.
Not sure about Air Gestures, will look into it.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Annihlist

May 26, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sview for asop roms like cyanogenmod will be nice. Since this is open sourced. Some cool things might become

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

jazzypit

Apr 14, 2008
lyon
I keep a eye on this . great idea. I search a solution to make it work in miui rom

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

mat9v

Apr 3, 2010
Gdynia
On my Galaxy Note 2 I get "There is a problem parsing the package". Archive is about 170KB and verified as intact (no errors decompressing).
Is it possible that is due to recent fixes for security? (Xposed mod here )

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
On my Galaxy Note 2 I get "There is a problem parsing the package". Archive is about 170KB and verified as intact (no errors decompressing).
Is it possible that is due to recent fixes for security? (Xposed mod here )

I set the minimum required API to 4.2.2.
This is useless on devices without the S View cover so I don't know why you're trying to install it.

Hi, will this work on the google edition rom for S4 I9505? :)

If the GE ROM supports the S View cover then yes. As this is an Xposed mod there's no harm in trying it.

mat9v

Apr 3, 2010
Gdynia
I set the minimum required API to 4.2.2.
This is useless on devices without the S View cover so I don't know why you're trying to install it.

If the GE ROM supports the S View cover then yes. As this is an Xposed mod there's no harm in trying it.

Ah, sorry my mistake. That happens when following links and not reading OP :)
I was looking for an app thet would display Poweramp data on a swipe of the clock (did not register Sview requirement and gesture control not swipe control) because I don't like Poweramp screenlock replacement. Do you think you could make it more universal that way? To be controlled not only by gestures but actual touch too? BTW, is Sview required. because there are replacement utilities for Sview for other phones?

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Ah, sorry my mistake. That happens when following links and not reading OP :)
I was looking for an app thet would display Poweramp data on a swipe of the clock (did not register Sview requirement and gesture control not swipe control) because I don't like Poweramp screenlock replacement. Do you think you could make it more universal that way? To be controlled not only by gestures but actual touch too? BTW, is Sview required. because there are replacement utilities for Sview for other phones?

The Note 2's clock? You mean the one on the ripple lockscreen?
I can't do it right now, I traded my Note 2 for an S4 so it'd be hard to do it right now.

However, it shouldn't be hard for any developer to do this, the source for my mod is out, it's a matter of copying and pasting, but the dev needs to hook the right TextView.

andy9702

Feb 19, 2010
Omg Google music support would be awesome please bring that out:) I would Definitely Donate for that feature

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Gesture controls dont work. What is false?

I guess you're swiping a bit low, swipe on the clock.
This'll be fixed in the next version. Along with press and hold to toggle playback.

I'll see about Play Music support, I don't use it as it mixes up album art and doesn't support ALAC.

Reactions: Southern_mind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed framework!

The S-View cover is really handy, it displays the date, time, your notifications, allows you to answer calls and dismiss alarms, and shows your currently playing song. The last part only works with the stock music player, and doesn't allow interactions.

This mod allows you to display metadata from and control the following players:
    • Stock Samsung Music Player
    • PowerAMP
    • Google Play Music
    • Spotify
    • Limited support for any music player that supports metachanged intent and media buttons

Swiping left or right allows you to change the current song, long pressing the screen for a configurable time allows you to toggle playback.

Most variables are configurable in settings. To access settings, open Xposed Installer, find the module and click on it, I didn't want to add another icon to the launcher, it got cluttered by enough Xposed modules doing that already...

Screenshots:

HMSGFsol.jpg
    hMe8phsl.png

Compatibility:
    Obviously, this needs the Galaxy S4 to work, since it's the only device with an S View cover at the moment.

Source:
    The mod is open source, and licensed under GPLv3: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SView-MusicControls
    You may not post this on the Play Store, whether free or paid.

Download:
    Get it from the Play Store or http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/Android/Xposed/SViewMusicControls_2.6.apk

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal or buying the paid version.

• rovo89 for his Xposed Framework
    • Dr.Alexander_Breen for his help with IRemoteControlDisplay (used in testing version, never really made it in 2.0)
    • Tungstwenty for method to detect if a module is enabled (from Master Key Patch source).
    • Chainfire for ways to enable/disable activities (multi-icon tutorial)
    • MrC85 for helping me with Spotify support.

Changelog:

[2.6]
    • Fixed swipe not working for default player when Swipe only while playing is checked.

[2.5]
    • Added copyright info to settings.

[2.4]
    • Added Spotify support.
    • Added warnings if Xposed-related problems are detected.
    • Added launcher icon for people who were asking why this has no icon. It can be disabled in settings.
    • Changed default music player to one everyone has: Samsung's.
    • Long press now enabled by default.
    • Added debug mode, enabling this makes TTS speak what the app is detecting.

[2.3]
    • Added option to enable swipe gestures only while playing music.

[2.2]
    • Stock music player control support.
    • Paid version on Play Store. Below is the same exact free version for xda users, please don't share it.

[2.1]
    • Rewrote long press implementation, old one had a lot of bugs.
    • Fixed placeholder album art not showing for Poweramp songs.
    • You won't see this: worked on base foundation for ticker support. This would soon allow apps to hook onto this to display their own scrolling text. This text will show up where the title is, scroll once, then the original text will be shown (current song or otherwise).

[2.0]
    • Google Play Music support.
    • Skip tracks in other players by swiping left/right, metadata won't be shown.
    • Fixed swipes only working on the clock, and not the actual song text.
    • Show placeholders when no album art is found.

[1.1]
    • Support basic gestures to change songs.

[1.0]
    • Initial release.
    Final preview before release on the Play Store tomorrow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJUvCz7KYJE&feature=youtu.be
    Here's another feature, I think I'm going to stop adding things and just polish it and release a 1.0.
    Album art blurred backgrounds while music is playing, then it goes back to what you normally have.

7JzD9vkl.png

Blur and opacity are configurable.

Could u please update it for 4.4.2 on the S4? It doesn't work after the update.

I'm not sure, it depends on how much was changed. I don't have an S4 anymore.
    Good news, I got the Note 3 again, and I added this:

9Y0i71y.png

I think I'm close to release, just need to finish colour changing, and it's done.
    Backgrounds will support default, solid colour (with and without pattern), and a custom image.

175I029l.png
    The 4.3 update is out!

Here's a full change log:
    • 4.3 support, thanks to @bajasur for helping out with testing
    • Fixed Spotify support
    • Read-only music widget mode for Samsung player users
    • Background changes are now instant, no need to reboot
    • You can now toggle the pattern shown over a coloured background. This allows you to have a solid colour background
    • AM/PM fix for 24-hour users