FORUMS

[DEVDB][TWRP][PhilZ Touch] XZDualRecovery 2.8.26 RELEASE

5,379 posts
Thanks Meter: 10,424

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from [NUT]: The installer contains a ROOT EXPLOIT, this will trip A/V tools (e.g. ESET NOD32), disable it to download!!
18th July 2013, 11:59 AM |#471  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Somewhere in Oz...
Thanks Meter: 4,012

Donate to Me
More
Have a look here https://github.com/PhilZ-cwm6/philz_touch_cwm6

and here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=39433458

He seems to have solved the problem

Sent from my Xperia Z using xda app-developers app
18th July 2013, 04:53 PM |#472  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 645

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT]

don't flash these things using fastboot bro... That can fubar your phone...

If you send me the logs from /cache/recovery right after a new attempt to flash it using recovery, I might be able to find what is causing it to fail.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

oops sorry i meant other recoveries in general, all the zips won't flash, even that XZrecovery app that is suppose to install it didn't work. Only method that stuck are the fastboot ones.

here's the log

last_log
The Following User Says Thank You to Teo032 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Teo032 Ad-Free
18th July 2013, 05:25 PM |#473  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cyberspace and the Universe

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo032

oops sorry i meant other recoveries in general, all the zips won't flash, even that XZrecovery app that is suppose to install it didn't work. Only method that stuck are the fastboot ones.

here's the log

last_log

Hmm... Looking at the logs, it worked just fine... What ROM do you currently have on your device? Do you use a custom kernel?

The Following User Says Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
18th July 2013, 06:11 PM |#474  
Flag California

More
Quote:

Hmm... Looking at the logs, it worked just fine... What ROM do you currently have on your device? Do you use a custom kernel?

running eXistenZ Ultra I originally attempting on stock kernel, but didn't work so now I'm running DoomLord's v9 now. Do recoveries not apply to custom kernels? New to X Z or sony devices in general, getting use to it.
18th July 2013, 06:18 PM |#475  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

running eXistenZ Ultra I originally attempting on stock kernel, but didn't work so now I'm running DoomLord's v9 now. Do recoveries not apply to custom kernels? New to X Z or sony devices in general, getting use to it.

Heh, you actually don't need this package, as DooMKernel has them built-in already...

@DooMLoRD will update his to the latest versions soon enough

When rebooting your phone, look at the LED during the DooMKernel logo. As soon as it turns purple, press VOLUME-UP for CWM and VOLUME-DOWN for TWRP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
18th July 2013, 07:21 PM |#476  
Flag California

More
Quote:

Heh, you actually don't need this package, as DooMKernel has them built-in already...

@DooMLoRD will update his to the latest versions soon enough

When rebooting your phone, look at the LED during the DooMKernel logo. As soon as it turns purple, press VOLUME-UP for CWM and VOLUME-DOWN for TWRP

lol yeah i can get into recovery, I'm just a little confused while flashing didn't work before on stock kernel, and now while using Doomkernel. Seems like everything was pushed through on stock, the files were there, but it was still launching the old recovery. Wouldn't flashing your zip update the recovery on doomkernel though? or does that not work like that on this phone with custom kernels? Bothers me when I don't know how everything exactly works lol, just trying to clarify things for myself lol
18th July 2013, 08:04 PM |#477  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

lol yeah i can get into recovery, I'm just a little confused while flashing didn't work before on stock kernel, and now while using Doomkernel. Seems like everything was pushed through on stock, the files were there, but it was still launching the old recovery. Wouldn't flashing your zip update the recovery on doomkernel though? or does that not work like that on this phone with custom kernels? Bothers me when I don't know how everything exactly works lol, just trying to clarify things for myself lol

Oh lol NOW I get it... Didn't you notice you also see a green led flash a few seconds after the purple one? Try the volume buttons during the green led

The Following User Says Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [NUT] Ad-Free
19th July 2013, 01:08 AM |#478  
Flag California

More
Quote:

Oh lol NOW I get it... Didn't you notice you also see a green led flash a few seconds after the purple one? Try the volume buttons during the green led

Ohhh now I get out also lol. So that's how it works. So technically I have 4 recoveries lol

19th July 2013, 02:55 AM |#479  
Flag Kyoto
Thanks Meter: 4,002

Donate to Me
More
@[NUT],
could you make default path for internal storage to /data/media, not /sdcard?
I have a problem with /sdcard and TWRP showed only two folders, clockworkmod and TWRP.
When I access /data/media, TWRP shows all folders and files and can install zip.

I'm using Xperia Z, TWRP 2.6.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroPlus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndroPlus Ad-Free
19th July 2013, 07:35 AM |#480  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ohhh now I get out also lol. So that's how it works. So technically I have 4 recoveries lol

Yeah To explain a little (as you said you are new to Xperia phones):

Sony and SonyEricsson phones have a quirk in comparison with Samsung and HTC phones in that it lacks the recovery partition. The recovery can only be included in the kernel boot image or from the OS by hijacking one of the core applications during boot. The kernel image can only be updated by the kernel dev or by replacing the ramdisk in it yourself. There is no other way to update it.

I'm also running DooMKernel and have XZDualRecovery installed as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoN

@[NUT],
could you make default path for internal storage to /data/media, not /sdcard?
I have a problem with /sdcard and TWRP showed only two folders, clockworkmod and TWRP.
When I access /data/media, TWRP shows all folders and files and can install zip.

I'm using Xperia Z, TWRP 2.6.0.0

I'll see what I can do, it might be wise to use that instead. Thanks for the suggestion!

19th July 2013, 09:21 AM |#481  
Flag California

More
Quote:

Yeah To explain a little (as you said you are new to Xperia phones):

Sony and SonyEricsson phones have a quirk in comparison with Samsung and HTC phones in that it lacks the recovery partition. The recovery can only be included in the kernel boot image or from the OS by hijacking one of the core applications during boot. The kernel image can only be updated by the kernel dev or by replacing the ramdisk in it yourself. There is no other way to update it.

I'm also running DooMKernel and have XZDualRecovery installed as well

Ahh so that's how things are with this phone. Thanks for explaining, so much clearer now... totally did not noticed the difference in led... I was reading the instructions where it says to press it with the green led. But I thought "oh my led color is different... probably because I have the 6602.." Never noticed the green lol so i clicked it at the first led color.. fail

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, doomkernel, locked bootloader, recovery, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread