FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd July 2013, 09:54 PM |#11  
Flag Warszaw
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Could you add Creative Aurvana Live please?
22nd July 2013, 10:43 PM |#12  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Can you add Bose OE2 thanks

Envoyé depuis mon One S en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta
23rd July 2013, 03:30 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Hey Joe. Might be a sore subject for you, but can you put together one for Etymotic ER-4P?
23rd July 2013, 03:39 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,379

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdeal

Hey Joe. Might be a sore subject for you, but can you put together one for Etymotic ER-4P?

LOL! I see you are a head-fi member and have been following my serial misadventures in Etymotic ownership

What do you think of the stock sound? Not enough bass, highs too sharp, something like that?

How deep do you insert the etys? What tips do you use?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 04:45 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

LOL! I see you are a head-fi member and have been following my serial misadventures in Etymotic ownership

What do you think of the stock sound? Not enough bass, highs too sharp, something like that?

How deep do you insert the etys? What tips do you use?

Yup, saw a couple of those posts. I actually just got mine back from Ety repair a couple of days ago. I have had them for 12 years (red and blue tips) and I recently broke rule number one. Never lend them out. First time and 1/2 day later, I got the call..."but I just put them in my front pocket..."

Stock sound is very good, flat and neutral, perfect for using V4A to get different styles of music to where you want it go. It sorta the opposite of other IEMs which build in a response so they wow right off the shelf. But your are spot on. Bass needs a bit of a bump and highs slightly sharp. That said, they cant really handle very low bass well. "Clarity" on V4AFX can overwhelm the sound very easily. I also have the S-adapter and that smooths out the highs somewhat. I use the 3 flange eartips and would insert to my eardrum if I could.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to gdeal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdeal Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 08:26 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Hi Joe, I used the 3580 IRS, it worked great. Can you do one for TDK BA200? Just need slightly more highs and subbass. Thanks.
23rd July 2013, 08:42 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Edit: never mind

Sent from my GT-I9105 using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2013, 11:07 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 21,162

More
Great thread joe:thumbup:

Any chance of the SoundMagic E10 IR, i just bought these mate and they are fantastic!

The quality of build and most importantly the sound is Amazing, they blow the JVC FX3X away even on bass

I really can't praise them enough!

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobdoblo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bobdoblo Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 11:08 AM |#19  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Hey Joe,
I am currently using my SHE3590s with your IRS. I hope you can tweak it a little to give the bass and subbass a little more thump and make mids sound more distinct. Thanks What I don't like about the stock sound (no EQs, no ViperFX, no Bass Booster) is that the bass don't have a thump to it and don't sound real. I hope this helps.

Currently using the UE900 IRS BTW. It's good. Bass has a nice boom but I find that highs are too overpowering and ear piercing. But I can't judge it because it is not meant to be made for the SHE3590

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to 1c3_5n0w For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1c3_5n0w Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 11:31 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdoblo

Great thread joe:thumbup:

Any chance of the SoundMagic E10 IR, i just bought these mate and they are fantastic!

The quality of build and most importantly the sound is Amazing, they blow the JVC FX3X away even on bass

I really can't praise them enough!

★NeatROM★ Mods + Battery Tips

+1 Joe......I'd be very interested in this too...I completely second what Bob has said about the sound magic E10s...great set of earphones

>--

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calvo1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Calvo1 Ad-Free
23rd July 2013, 01:15 PM |#21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,607

Donate to Me
More
Got ?
- apple earphone (normal ear bud, not in-ear, not earpod)
- HPM 64 bass reflex sony ericsson earphone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)