1,652 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,996

By AJ Newkirk, Senior Member on 21st January 2013, 02:06 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
26th June 2013, 10:52 PM |#2651  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 244

More
I believe the problem is that many users do not know when they are in over their heads and developers don't realize that users don't have a clue what they're doing. Since this is a developers forum and portal, it should be the users' responsibility to assume they haven't got a clue and bring issues they encounter to devs from that perspective. So the offending poster in this case should have said, " have a problem with xyz, what am I doing wrong," not "I have a problem with xyz, what you (AJ) are doing is wrong."

FWW I've learned through trial and error that with kernels you can't usually just change a governor without changing other settings as well. Developers don't always know or have time to work out what the optimal settings are for your particular preferences. What that means is, as is said so often on XDA, you have to work it out yourself. If AJ might reconsider leaving, I'd recommend starting a separate thread in the help section where users can post what they have found to be optimal settings. They can also help troubleshoot there. Definite bugs that can be reproduced by more than one user can be reported here. When users come whining to this thread first, their posts can be summarily deleted and ignored, and offending users can be warned.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Whizzpopper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Whizzpopper Ad-Free

26th June 2013, 11:16 PM |#2652  
Iowa
Thanks Meter: 244

More
So maybe you needed to change some other settings?

Reread your post. It certainly comes across that way.
27th June 2013, 12:01 AM |#2653  
Flag 28.2S, 92.1W
Thanks Meter: 13,908

More
Wow...just wow...

Firstly, and I know nothing of the developer and/or his/her work. But if they pulled their work, then that is up to them. Nowhere in this thread do I see the dev posting the reasons why the work was pulled, maybe to enhance or move on? I have no clue, but what I do know is that the childish banter and flaming that followed, and has thus been cleaned, is absolutely, positively NOT development..

Next time, report the posts, don't get involved in troll comments and commentary. That is a colossal waste and leads to infractions, and infractions lead to bans, and then, no development for you at all.

Move along folks, nothing more to see here.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Naddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Naddict Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 09:34 AM |#2654  
OP Senior Member
Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 3,996

Donate to Me
More
Back by popular demand....

Changes include:
WiFi toggle bug is a thing of the past (has been for weeks now on AJK actually...)
Slide2Wake is now disabled while you are on a call.
New Mali V2 drivers - best graphics performance on the i777.
S4 code implemented for WiFi.
TONS of other changes...

AJK v3.2 NoSwap
Use with Cooked, AT&T factory ROMs such as I777UCMD8
MD5 Sum: fc9f93ff8cc127a5b77cbb798b919564

AJK v3.2 AOSP
Use with CM10.1, Slim Bean, PacMan, etc.
MD5 Sum: 1062db511af8fbf18c9a48cdf317f8cb

AJK v3.2 Samsung
Use with ShoStock 3 or any other Samsung ROM ported from i9100 to i777
MD5 Sum: bc0d9e8132c64998c2e9c33ffdff6e82

Installation:
Code:
  1. Wipe cache
  2. Wipe dalvik
  3. Install AJK - DO NOT REBOOT YET...
  4. While still in recovery, go to advanced and reboot recovery
  5. After recovery has been restarted, go into kernel specific options and Reset ExTweaks profiles
  6. Fix permissions in recovery
  7. Reboot and enjoy the new kernel

Please remember that this kernel was created for my friends & family to use, and I also share it here.

You are not obligated to use it. If you do decide to use this kernel, that does not give you the right to be disrespectful.

Please report any bugs that you find, and be sure to include a logcat...otherwise your "issue" will be ignored.

Reporting something 1 time is sufficient. If someone else has already reported it, you do not need to re-report the same bug.

Remember the 2 primary rules here on XDA are:

1) Be respectful.
2) Use the search functions - both the XDA search and Google.

If you are experiencing issues that no one else is having, then it is not the kernel at fault....
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to AJ Newkirk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AJ Newkirk Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 10:59 AM |#2655  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 461

More
Omg !!! Welcome back thank u!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to sykoj82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sykoj82 Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 11:16 AM |#2656  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
so glad to see you here again. Thanks! Welcome Back!

Sent from my i777 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to bondlolo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bondlolo Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 11:17 AM |#2657  
Thanks Meter: 832

More
Welcome back buddy

Samsung Galaxy SII I777
CyanogenMod 10.1.2 RCS/AOCP ICEE
Boost 2.34 Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to topiratiko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift topiratiko Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 11:50 AM |#2658  
NorCal, Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 113

More
You've been missed welcome back!!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 Pimpin AOSPA 3+
The Following User Says Thank You to snipe2nite For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snipe2nite Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 12:07 PM |#2659  
Flag Aynor
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Welcome back man! The slide to wake on a call has been a headache for me and my chubby cheeks! Thx for giving us a chance to try it out!

Edit....Have been runnin this for over 3 hrs now and I must say the beast is back! Not one issue and feels rock solid and smooth! Not sure if it would be affected (prolly not) but I seem to even have better service now! An extra bar in most places and I've already been to several areas this morning....I'm doin cartwheels!!
Sent from my SGH-i777 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to ehard24 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ehard24 Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 12:23 PM |#2660  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 447

More
Welcome back AJ! All is working well, running with latest version of "Captivating" Rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erad1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erad1 Ad-Free
24th July 2013, 07:52 PM |#2661  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,691

More
Best news of the day; thanks for returning!

Sent from the i777
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteveMurphy Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread