[Q] SD Partition

Search This thread

CrazeXDA

May 2, 2013
Davao City
OnePlus 9 Pro
Xiaomi 13
I already partitioned my sd card months ago but this totally bothered me. I 2nd partition is 1gb and when i open settings->apps->manage applications, it still shows that my internal memory is only 190mb. What seems to be the problem?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
There is no problem here

use link2sd to mount your 2nd partition then you can link apps to free up internal storage so you can install more apps

your total internal storage will not increase - only available storage if you link apps to sd card that are currently on internal or have lib files on internal

on most deodex custom roms after you have installed around 80 apps you will have between 30mb & 60mb of free internal storage depending on the data & cache of apps

CrazeXDA

May 2, 2013
Davao City
OnePlus 9 Pro
Xiaomi 13
There is no problem here

use link2sd to mount your 2nd partition then you can link apps to free up internal storage so you can install more apps

your total internal storage will not increase - only available storage if you link apps to sd card that are currently on internal or have lib files on internal

on most deodex custom roms after you have installed around 80 apps you will have between 30mb & 60mb of free internal storage depending on the data & cache of apps

I know how to mount the 2nd partition. All i want is to see that my internal memory has inreased to 1.190gb. Because in task manager, it only shows that i only have 190mb, though i already partitioned my sdcard for 1gb.

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I know how to mount the 2nd partition. All i want is to see that my internal memory has inreased to 1.190gb. Because in task manager, it only shows that i only have 190mb, though i already partitioned my sdcard for 1gb.

I don't believe you understand what a 2nd partition is/does

your total internal storage will not increase - that's impossible without repartitioning the internal storage & taking space from other internal partitions which would be stupid as you would take space from boot partition

an sd card partition is on your sd card so you split the total storage of your sd card into two therefore your total internal storage hasn't increased - you haven't put a bigger internal hd in

your 2nd partition size is displayed in the info in link2sd

what it does is take apps in internal space & place them in the 2nd partition - it then leaves a link file where the app was so basically the app still behaves like it's on internal but it's not

fv38v603j8c

Jun 30, 2013
using Link2SD doesn't increase your internal memory/RAM ... Link2Sd makes it easy for Android 1.6+ users with root privileges on their phone to move applications to the "SD card".

vitafit

Feb 7, 2011
Essen
@CrazeXDA
Do you mean something like this?
(screenshot from my 5360)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1374684123489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1374684123489.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 55

TheExploitedOne

Jul 8, 2019
Want to see internal storage increase? Modify the ramdisk to mpunt the sdcards 2nd partition as /data and BAM there ya go

TheExploitedOne

Jul 8, 2019
Yea, if your SDcard not partitioned yet, the rom will bootloop
If you modify the fstab correctly and make userdata at least 1GB you should be fine. I've partirioned my sdcard to use external sd, cache, system, and userdata giving me much more space to install roms and apps. I'd recommend a more powerful sdcard to take away the lag

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Yea, if your SDcard not partitioned yet, the rom will bootloop

Oh i see what you mean.. My bad boss