FORUMS

[Android on Omnia II-GTI8000] - [ROM] - [PORTING] - [FROYO 2.2.2] TWISTER v.2 ROM

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 125

By spiderman1961, Senior Member on 28th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th July 2013, 05:50 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisdrachen

Last time I tried the last Twister on my SGH-i900. Jumping to kernel... On every ROM

This ROM si only for GT-I8000 Omnia 2

Inviato dal mio GT-i9001 con Tapatalk 2
19th July 2013, 11:02 PM |#22  
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hi spiderman!
First of all, thank you for this great ROM. I just finished installing it a couple of hours ago (little time because of work), and I see a very nice ROM with lots of features. Really impressive!
But I faced a problem, I have wifi working and many things that I tested are working but I cannot set the google account (it's my gf). I know that the email and pass are ok because I logged in in my pc. But I cannot log in the Omnia II, it says that it cannot connect to server.
Any ideas? Did it happened before?

Also I want to know if there's a way to be able to choose if we want to boot to WindowsMobile or Android when we reboot.

Thank you!
20th July 2013, 07:41 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio_sos

Hi spiderman!
First of all, thank you for this great ROM. I just finished installing it a couple of hours ago (little time because of work), and I see a very nice ROM with lots of features. Really impressive!
But I faced a problem, I have wifi working and many things that I tested are working but I cannot set the google account (it's my gf). I know that the email and pass are ok because I logged in in my pc. But I cannot log in the Omnia II, it says that it cannot connect to server.
Any ideas? Did it happened before?

Also I want to know if there's a way to be able to choose if we want to boot to WindowsMobile or Android when we reboot.

Thank you!

On /settings/account/ you must flag data background.
To choose btw winmo and android you can use Gen y dual boot or Rapidboot

Inviato dal mio GT-i9001 con Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
22nd July 2013, 01:20 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Until now I have only responded to pm.
I realized that this thread has completely depleted and deprived many users useful answers for the installation of the rom and related issues.
From this moment i will not answer more to pm, but only to sent posts

Thank you in advance
24th July 2013, 10:02 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi there!
Your guide is for the 2GB and 8GB Omnia2 versions...but I have a 16GB version
Which changes I'll must to do?

Thx in advance and bye for now!
24th July 2013, 11:44 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am on the last step and I opened haret.exe from WinMobile, the files loaded up then a screen came up with a big red circle, red writing saying 'GHOST i8000' and some chinese writing. It is stuck at that screen.
25th July 2013, 07:28 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xheretic

Hi there!
Your guide is for the 2GB and 8GB Omnia2 versions...but I have a 16GB version
Which changes I'll must to do?

Thx in advance and bye for now!

Hi,
according sepehrmrx experience here are partions dimensions for Omnia 16Gb

a 14070 MB FAT32 Primary Partition
a 1270 MB Ext4 Primary Partition
and a 337 MB Primary Linux Swap Partition

on startup.txt

CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init"

Be careful:
/dev/block/mmcblk0|1pnumber

If SD card is inserted it's 1, if not it's 0. There is no way to guess it, You have to choose if You boot with or without SD.

If you want make logical partition i think that also p2 must be changed in p6 or other according ubuntu
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
25th July 2013, 07:33 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalTekkers

I am on the last step and I opened haret.exe from WinMobile, the files loaded up then a screen came up with a big red circle, red writing saying 'GHOST i8000' and some chinese writing. It is stuck at that screen.

You must control, under Ubuntu which is name partition of ext4 (something like sdbX, where X is number partition).
According that you must change this line

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6 init = / init"

Be careful:
/dev/block/mmcblk0|1pnumber

If SD card is inserted it's 1, if not it's 0. There is no way to guess it, You have to choose if You boot with or without SD.

and pX is number ext4 partition under ubuntu
you must change X
25th July 2013, 08:47 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thank you for the response.

ext 4 is sdb6 which is already shown by rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6, so maybe that's not the problem.

I tried it again and I am stuck on the same screen, I can not turn the phone off, I have to wait a few hours for the phone to completely discharge out of battery then charge it again to turn the phone on again and use WinMobile.

Just to clarify step 12, 'Right-click on "ext4" and "remove" the partition'. There is only an option called 'dismount', I presumed that this is what you meant by 'remove'?

Also, I noticed that on step 21 this is the image on the guide:

In this image, on the highlighted part, is the first number '4'? Because for me on the previous step it is 4 but on this step it changes to 8 for me. Is this of any relevance?
26th July 2013, 01:36 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

ext 4 is sdb6 which is already shown by rootdelay = 2 root = / dev/mmcblk1p6, so maybe that's not the problem.

I tried it again and I am stuck on the same screen, I can not turn the phone off, I have to wait a few hours for the phone to completely discharge out of battery then charge it again to turn the phone on again and use WinMobile.

Just to clarify step 12, 'Right-click on "ext4" and "remove" the partition'. There is only an option called 'dismount', I presumed that this is what you meant by 'remove'?

Also, I noticed that on step 21 this is the image on the guide:

In this image, on the highlighted part, is the first number '4'? Because for me on the previous step it is 4 but on this step it changes to 8 for me. Is this of any relevance?

Hi, please check "mmcblk1p6" , on mine have to change it to "mmcblk1p7", number 7, like in ubuntun is showned
26th July 2013, 05:21 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella

More
Quote:

Click on Thanks button to thank

Quote:

You can remore battery to reboot

Quote:

Yes

Quote:

This is strange: partitions are logical or primary? Microsd and SIM are inserted during istallation?
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android on omnia, froyo, omnia 2, twister

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)