[Q] How to Root ZTE V793

Search This thread

rafizolrozali

Dec 14, 2006
I also have this phone and still looking for a working method to root it. Please share the info if you know. Thank you.

kokokranc

Nov 29, 2010
Kuala Terengganu
ZTE V793 rooted

rooted my zte v793 successfully

i used the SP Flash tool to obtain scatter file and use that file to modify CWM from zte blade using MTK Droid tools. Then i flash the recovery image to the phone using SPF tool.

then using CWM, i flashed Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip to the phone.

Then i use Link2SD and partitioned my sdcard to offload files from the meagre 100MB limitation

i will put the detailed procedure and the customised CWM for v793 if that's needed so you don't have to mess around with those files.

thanks

Attachments

• shot_000001.png
    shot_000001.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,780
  • shot_000002.png
    shot_000002.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 2,608

pendaflour

Jul 28, 2013
zte v793

i used the SP Flash tool to obtain scatter file and use that file to modify CWM from zte blade using MTK Droid tools. Then i flash the recovery image to the phone using SPF tool.

then using CWM, i flashed Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip to the phone.

Then i use Link2SD and partitioned my sdcard to offload files from the meagre 100MB limitation

i will put the detailed procedure and the customised CWM for v793 if that's needed so you don't have to mess around with those files.

thanks

1. Can u teach me how to root zte v793 step by step and give also download link?

2. I also have another problem : after update zte v793 my phone keep restarting...

inn13

Jul 29, 2013

thanks

Hi

Can you teach us step by step to root zte v793 and the link to download the software you use.

rafizolrozali

Dec 14, 2006

thanks

edit: I also in need of usb driver for this phone because whenever I switch off phone for Flash tool, my XP laptop always ask for drivers of which I don't have.

Thank you in advance. I'll wait for your files and guidance to do it. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: andynroid

kokokranc

Nov 29, 2010
Kuala Terengganu
Dear all,
my method ultimately becomes obselete now. to root, you can just use one of these 2 methods:
1. Ishuaji
2. e-root

the supersu included is in chinese, so you might need to flash CWM to change to english supersu.

as for flashing CWM, you can find tutorials using Mobileuncle.

thanks!

First, disclaimer:
WE TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY WORK THAT COMES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE BUILDS UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE. THANKS FOR KEEPING THINGS OPEN!
OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER
PHP Code:
Code:
#include
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about this custom CWM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

All the files needed are in this google drive folder:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzFjevWXftUyY3RQUlZjZ2s1QjA

Capture.jpg

Detail of files:
1. zte_mtk6573_drivers_cdc+vcom+adb_v1.1136.0.zip
USB VCOM driver. needed when you want to flash the phone (This is when you strip the battery off the phone and connect it to USB). this driver is unsigned, so for win8 users, pls google how to install unsigned drivers.

2. SP Flash Tool v3.1216.05.7z

Flashing tool. you need this to flash the custom CWM attached.

3. MT6575_Android_scatter.txt

Device-specific memory map. we need this to tell SP flash tool where to put the custom CWM when flashing.

4. ZTE-V793_130615__recovery_130802-123951.img
Custom CWM generated from my phone (ZTE V793) bought from Happy Mobile (DiGi) under SKMM package.
DISCLAIMER: this is generated from my phone's settings and intended only for my phone's usage. I will not be responsible for any damage caused by your act of flashing this file onto your phone.

I successfully generated the file using the tutorial from a russian site

also an xda tutorial here

You can generate your own CWM using tutorials above, but if you agree with the disclaimer, you can use the custom recovery attached. With no warranties, of course.

5. Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip
The rooting tool to be installed by our custom CWM to the phone to obtain root

Method:
This can be divided into several process:
1. Download all related files
2. Install Driver
3. Flash custom CWM
4. Install Root & Busybox zip file using CWM

Pretty self explanatory. Download and extract all files.

First, download and install USB Driver:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7h1f7i7skggmtg/ZTE+Driver.rar

2. Install Driver
We need 2 drivers to be installed:
- ZTE_Handset_USB_Driver.exe
- JoinMe_for_Android.exe

the Joinme driver is needed when flashing custom CWM. However, it didn't work for me. so I installed zte_mtk6573_drivers_cdc+vcom+adb_v1.1136.0.zip manually. To install it, remove battery from phone, connect to usb. Wait for computer to start searching for drivers, select Browse for drivers and select the vcom drivers downloaded.

3. Flash custom CWM
1. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP Flash Tool v3.1216.05 folder extracted earlier.
2. Click "Scatter-loading". Select "MT6575_Android_scatter.txt" that you downloaded earlier.
View attachment 2159248
3. Click to deselect ALL checkboxes in the list. ONLY TICK RECOVERY.
View attachment 2159266
4. Double click on the word RECOVERY and select "ZTE-V793_130615__recovery_130802-123951.img" downloaded earlier
View attachment 2159267
5. Click Download. A warning will pop up "Not ALL images are correctly loaded blah blah blah". just click Yes.
View attachment 2159283
6. If you see below the application, it will say "Searching" next to NAND. Time to plug in your phone. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE BATTERY BEFORE PLUGGING IN YOUR PHONE.
View attachment 2159284
View attachment 2159285

7. Now you're done flashing, it's time to boot into CWM. Unplug the phone from USB. Put on battery. Press Vol+ & Power Button simultaneously. When ZTE logo appear, RELEASE ALL BUTTON.

8. Let's hope you boot straight into CWM
20130802_143407.jpg

If you have this, then CONGRATULATIONS! you are now a step away from root!

1. Copy the "Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip" onto the root of SD Card on your phone as normally you would (I wouldn't elaborate since this is android 101 knowledge)

2. Boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. To do this, turn off your phone normally. 5 seconds after the phone vibrates (fully off), press volume up (vol+) and power button. Wait until ZTE logo appears, then release both buttons.

If you do this correctly, you will see "CWM v 5.5.0.4 for ZTE V"

to navigate, use volume up (vol+) & volume down (vol-). to select, use power button.

3. Select "install zip from SD CARD" > "Choose zip from sdcard" > Look for "Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip". REMEMBER: Navigate using volume button, select using power button.

then, confirm by selecting "Yes - Install Root_Superuser_" and pressing power button.

when completed, go back to main menu and select reboot.

if nothing goes wrong, you will see SuperUser and busybox icon in your App drawer.

UPDATE:
12082013 - finished 4th item - install root & busybox
todo - revise SP Flash tool version

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2011
Kuala Besut
Will Try

First, disclaimer:

Can I continue next time? wow, doing this is such a pain. i never knew that. kudos to all the gurus who are willing to spend their time making guides and walkthroughs.

thanks

want to try it after buaka puasa :laugh:

pendaflour

Jul 28, 2013
my phone cannot power after format using spf tools

TQ for your full tutorial but i having problem after formating using spf tools....my phone zte v793 cannot turn on...can u help me plzz...

kokokranc

Nov 29, 2010
Kuala Terengganu
got this error

maybe it because my pc just detects then undetects preloader drivers

When the red bar reaches 100% just disconnect and reconnect phone before timeout.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

TQ for your full tutorial but i having problem after formating using spf tools....my phone zte v793 cannot turn on...can u help me plzz...

Log file from spf tool?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

inn13

Jul 29, 2013
Error 8038

Please help, my phone is still OK, can ON, but I got this error. I've tried another version of SP Flash Tool but still got the same error..

Attachments

• rooterror.jpg
    rooterror.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 373

rafizolrozali

Dec 14, 2006
Root Success

First, disclaimer:
WE TAKE NO CREDIT FOR ANY WORK THAT COMES ASSOCIATED WITH THESE BUILDS UNLESS SPECIFIED OTHERWISE. THANKS FOR KEEPING THINGS OPEN!
OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER
PHP Code:
Code:
#include
/*

[COLOR="Red"][B]4. Install Root & Busybox zip file using CWM[/B][/COLOR]
Can I continue next time? wow, doing this is such a pain. i never knew that. kudos to all the gurus who are willing to spend their time making guides and walkthroughs.

thanks[/QUOTE]

Of course you can. Btw, I successfully root my phone using your recovery.img and scatter file. The only thing I need to change is SP Flash Tool. I downloaded new version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01, because your provided version doesn't work for me. 

Anyway, thank you very much for all the files.

pendaflour

Jul 28, 2013
cannot on phone

some have link to download PRELOADER image?plzzz share...my phone cannot on after flash format...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,
    my method ultimately becomes obselete now. to root, you can just use one of these 2 methods:
    1. Ishuaji
    2. e-root

the supersu included is in chinese, so you might need to flash CWM to change to english supersu.

as for flashing CWM, you can find tutorials using Mobileuncle.

thanks!

First, disclaimer:
    OFFICIAL DISCLAIMER
    PHP Code:
    Code:
    #include
    /*
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about this custom CWM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

All the files needed are in this google drive folder:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzFjevWXftUyY3RQUlZjZ2s1QjA

Capture.jpg

Detail of files:
    1. zte_mtk6573_drivers_cdc+vcom+adb_v1.1136.0.zip
    USB VCOM driver. needed when you want to flash the phone (This is when you strip the battery off the phone and connect it to USB). this driver is unsigned, so for win8 users, pls google how to install unsigned drivers.

2. SP Flash Tool v3.1216.05.7z

Flashing tool. you need this to flash the custom CWM attached.

3. MT6575_Android_scatter.txt

Device-specific memory map. we need this to tell SP flash tool where to put the custom CWM when flashing.

4. ZTE-V793_130615__recovery_130802-123951.img
    Custom CWM generated from my phone (ZTE V793) bought from Happy Mobile (DiGi) under SKMM package.
    DISCLAIMER: this is generated from my phone's settings and intended only for my phone's usage. I will not be responsible for any damage caused by your act of flashing this file onto your phone.

I successfully generated the file using the tutorial from a russian site

also an xda tutorial here

You can generate your own CWM using tutorials above, but if you agree with the disclaimer, you can use the custom recovery attached. With no warranties, of course.

5. Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip
    The rooting tool to be installed by our custom CWM to the phone to obtain root

Method:
    This can be divided into several process:
    2. Install Driver
    3. Flash custom CWM

Pretty self explanatory. Download and extract all files.

First, download and install USB Driver:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/f7h1f7i7skggmtg/ZTE+Driver.rar

2. Install Driver
    We need 2 drivers to be installed:
    - ZTE_Handset_USB_Driver.exe
    - JoinMe_for_Android.exe

the Joinme driver is needed when flashing custom CWM. However, it didn't work for me. so I installed zte_mtk6573_drivers_cdc+vcom+adb_v1.1136.0.zip manually. To install it, remove battery from phone, connect to usb. Wait for computer to start searching for drivers, select Browse for drivers and select the vcom drivers downloaded.

3. Flash custom CWM
    1. Open Flash_tool.exe from SP Flash Tool v3.1216.05 folder extracted earlier.
    2. Click "Scatter-loading". Select "MT6575_Android_scatter.txt" that you downloaded earlier.
    View attachment 2159248
    3. Click to deselect ALL checkboxes in the list. ONLY TICK RECOVERY.
    View attachment 2159266
    4. Double click on the word RECOVERY and select "ZTE-V793_130615__recovery_130802-123951.img" downloaded earlier
    View attachment 2159267
    5. Click Download. A warning will pop up "Not ALL images are correctly loaded blah blah blah". just click Yes.
    View attachment 2159283
    6. If you see below the application, it will say "Searching" next to NAND. Time to plug in your phone. DON'T FORGET TO REMOVE THE BATTERY BEFORE PLUGGING IN YOUR PHONE.
    View attachment 2159284
    View attachment 2159285

7. Now you're done flashing, it's time to boot into CWM. Unplug the phone from USB. Put on battery. Press Vol+ & Power Button simultaneously. When ZTE logo appear, RELEASE ALL BUTTON.

8. Let's hope you boot straight into CWM
    20130802_143407.jpg

1. Copy the "Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip" onto the root of SD Card on your phone as normally you would (I wouldn't elaborate since this is android 101 knowledge)

2. Boot into Clockworkmod (CWM) recovery. To do this, turn off your phone normally. 5 seconds after the phone vibrates (fully off), press volume up (vol+) and power button. Wait until ZTE logo appears, then release both buttons.

If you do this correctly, you will see "CWM v 5.5.0.4 for ZTE V"

to navigate, use volume up (vol+) & volume down (vol-). to select, use power button.

3. Select "install zip from SD CARD" > "Choose zip from sdcard" > Look for "Root_Superuser_3.1.3_Busybox_1.20.2-Update1-signed.zip". REMEMBER: Navigate using volume button, select using power button.

then, confirm by selecting "Yes - Install Root_Superuser_" and pressing power button.

when completed, go back to main menu and select reboot.

if nothing goes wrong, you will see SuperUser and busybox icon in your App drawer.

UPDATE:
    12082013 - finished 4th item - install root & busybox
    todo - revise SP Flash tool version
    ZTE V793 rooted

thanks
    you can not upload the file to on mobile phones ZTE v793
    I am depressed because of format sp flash tool. now there is no data in the mobile phone.
    Because you just gave stock.zip ZTE V793, MT6575_Android_scatter.txt and recovery.img. I can not want for ZTE V793 Stock.zip process and Recovery.img. ZTE problem now is not active any kind.

I hope you upload them to my wish list download this file: -
    preloader
    DSP_DL
    UBOOT
    rebooting
    SEC_RO
    LOGO
    ANDROID

oringinal recovery to restore IMEI .. like standard backups.
    if it can process at ZTE my recovery. who you upload. extremely grateful if any and complete enlightenment.

Yes.. I've the backup files it could revive your phone. You may use SPFlashTools to do so. Then, once you can boot to recovery mode (Power On + Vol Up) update zip files from SDCARD using jlieu ROM. You'll able to get unlock 3G for both SIM.. for any SIM.. Refer my 'revived' phone below.

If you still required the BIN files please reply here. Thanks.

thanks

edit: I also in need of usb driver for this phone because whenever I switch off phone for Flash tool, my XP laptop always ask for drivers of which I don't have.

Thank you in advance. I'll wait for your files and guidance to do it. :good:
    Thanks

Ok try download custom rom for zte-v793... and flash custom...

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

of the above do not need to worry. you've already installed Installation Instructions .. just need to get a custom rom to flash into the handphone ..

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

Thanks, It worked. and i unlocked the sim1 slot using MobileUncle Tools..