Thanks Meter: 6,200

By slick_rick, Senior Member on 30th August 2012, 10:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2013, 10:11 PM |#41  
Flag West Roxbury
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Ics modem working?
What if I am on a Jellybean AOSP rom (dirty unicorn) with an FL24 modem. and i wanted to use this to update prl/profile? would this work? I would think the prl update would brick it because I am on FL24 modem while on stock el29, would it?

29th July 2013, 10:47 PM |#42  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 38,050

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsB

What if I am on a Jellybean AOSP rom (dirty unicorn) with an FL24 modem. and i wanted to use this to update prl/profile? would this work? I would think the prl update would brick it because I am on FL24 modem while on stock el29, would it?

Probably not a good idea, you should keep a nandroid of TouchWiz on your sd.

The Following User Says Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2013, 10:52 PM |#43  
Flag West Roxbury

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Probably not a good idea, you should keep a nandroid of TouchWiz on your sd.

thanks for the reply! though if i decide to go to AOSP, how would i restore my nandriod backup so that i can update PRL/Profile, dont i need to be on the same TW kernal (agat) that i backed up with? And you cant be on AOSP with a TW kernel...
30th July 2013, 03:23 AM |#44  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks for the reply! though if i decide to go to AOSP, how would i restore my nandriod backup so that i can update PRL/Profile, dont i need to be on the same TW kernal (agat) that i backed up with? And you cant be on AOSP with a TW kernel...

Use Garwynn's v0.4.1 kernel to make the Backup it uses the same recovery as AOSP, that's how I always did it, haven't been on AOSP in a little bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bilgerryan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2013, 05:38 AM |#45  
Flag West Roxbury

More
Quote:

Use Garwynn's v0.4.1 kernel to make the Backup it uses the same recovery as AOSP, that's how I always did it, haven't been on AOSP in a little bit.

Oh thats really good to know, thanks
though it occurred to me that I am already on a jellybean GB27 rom, so i couldnt nandriod restore and update PRL/Profile because using AOSP i will have to be on an ICS modem anyway. I guess i just need to odin back to a stock ics rom, and flash dirty unicorn from there so i wont have to update prl/profile after i flash, and will have working data.
thanks!
30th July 2013, 01:54 PM |#46  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh thats really good to know, thanks
though it occurred to me that I am already on a jellybean GB27 rom, so i couldnt nandriod restore and update PRL/Profile because using AOSP i will have to be on an ICS modem anyway. I guess i just need to odin back to a stock ics rom, and flash dirty unicorn from there so i wont have to update prl/profile after i flash, and will have working data.
thanks!

No, flash the ICS Modem and update PRL/Profile, you won't have data but you can still update them. Then you restore your AOSP nandroid and done.

30th July 2013, 06:19 PM |#47  
Flag West Roxbury

More
Quote:

No, flash the ICS Modem and update PRL/Profile, you won't have data but you can still update them. Then you restore your AOSP nandroid and done.

Oh... r u sure that updating prl/profile while on a TW jellybean rom with a ICS modem is safe? I know that when i first flashed jellyverse (v.2.0) I was still on a ICS modem (the JB modem aborted.) But i tried updating PRl/profile with ICS modem and I softbricked. I had to odin to restore.
Is this because i was on an ICS modem? Or maybe becuase i didnt have a custom recovery at the time or could it just have been the rom? (I just tried updating PRL/profile while on JB modem (on jellyverse 3.0) and it worked fine, so if it was the rom, i guess it had been fixed.)
(sorry to be a pain)
30th July 2013, 06:27 PM |#48  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

Donate to Me
More
I've done it tons of times, stock and custom kernels

Team Rejectz
30th July 2013, 09:38 PM |#49  
Flag West Roxbury

More
Quote:

I've done it tons of times, stock and custom kernels

Team Rejectz

great, thanks so much! when I decided to flash dirty unicorn ill try this out. Wost case scenario, the prl/profile update softbricks it and i will just have to nandrestore or odin to recover.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)