FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/KERNEL] Motorola 4.1.2 - Optimized & 4.3/4.4 Goodies (Nov-10-2014 & Final)

1,118 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,218

By Omar-Avelar, Senior Member on 3rd March 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2013, 09:21 AM |#2101  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Flashed the latest M5 this morning everything buttery smooth as always no mic or sound issues didn't do a data wipe never have since day 1 did delete the data/alsa folder like Omar suggested everything seems hunkydory.. GREAT WORK OMAR this is deffinatly a milestone release

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to dog121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dog121 Ad-Free

30th July 2013, 11:07 AM |#2102  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adddaamo

Omar maybe you can also add support for ZCache/Zram/CleanCache in kernel ? It should also improve available memory numbers - and with our fast CPU we shouldn't see any speed degradation.

Also I've read that last fix to 3.8 kernel (zero huge_page support) saves A LOT of memory.

But, unfortunately, there is no way to bring this feature to our kernel

Will have to read about Zero HP , btw did I put zRAM on the Kernel, you can enable it with a play market app if needed .... I think trickster worked, I personally didn't enable it as default to keep battery savings at max.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar-Avelar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Avelar Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 12:48 PM |#2103  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
BTW. Little offtopic. Did you heard about Moto X ? Worth reading

http://www.ibtimes.com/motorola-x8-5...google-1363409

and new Droid line

http://www.mobilegazette.com/motorol...x-13x07x29.htm

Motorola with Google is making next-gen of phones, aka "the future direction" (my opinion).
I also like very much their policy - choose what you like the best, viz. diffrent screen size and battery. For me it's important because I will stay with 4.3'' screen size - While jogging I carry my phone in my hand, listening music and tracking my path with EndoMondo - so bigger screen would be over-kill for me, and I mostly carry my phone in my jeans pocket I like that Mini will get same specs as big brother (HTC and Samsung have chosen worse approach - smaller phone - worse specs).

But I like Razr I very much, and I will stay with it at least for a year (or longer if we will get Android 5.0).
The Following User Says Thank You to adddaamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adddaamo Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 01:41 PM |#2104  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog121

Flashed the latest M5 this morning everything buttery smooth as always no mic or sound issues didn't do a data wipe never have since day 1 did delete the data/alsa folder like Omar suggested everything seems hunkydory.. GREAT WORK OMAR this is deffinatly a milestone release

can confirm: M5 is super smooth and no mic or sound issues. Thank you Omar for the nice ROM.
30th July 2013, 01:48 PM |#2105  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
waitting for 4.2 or 4.3
30th July 2013, 03:54 PM |#2106  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-Avelar

The file you used is correct, "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" -- did you change anything in the XML?. You could try "9.8.2I-50_SML-28_Retail_BR_SIGNED_SLATAMUnlk_USASMI01RETBRLA021. 0R_S1FF_CFC_fb.xml.zip"?? I remember flashing the zip over BR firmware without problems.

I think i know whats the problem, i flashed "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" via RSDlite, but instead of CWM-recovery i used TWRP-recovery this time. Wiped data, cache, dalvik and system and flashed your M5 zip, after that i reboot into recovery and checked "/system" - no files in "/system", its empty. Tried to flash via CWM too and checked in TWRP file-manager, no files in "/system"...

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: TWRP log attachement
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery-log.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.6 KB, 15 views)
30th July 2013, 04:01 PM |#2107  
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 861

Donate to Me
More
The only thing that prevents me to flash this back is because the bad data signal reception on m4. A lot of data drops. No single one over pi- llama ROM. @Omar-Avelar , any clue about this?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta
30th July 2013, 04:07 PM |#2108  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 501

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOne82

I think i know whats the problem, i flashed "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" via RSDlite, but instead of CWM-recovery i used TWRP-recovery this time. Wiped data, cache, dalvik and system and flashed your M5 zip, after that i reboot into recovery and checked "/system" - no files in "/system", its empty. Tried to flash via CWM too and checked in TWRP file-manager, no files in "/system"...

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

This might sound like a stupid question but when you flashed the M5zip was it in the external SD card or internal SD memory ....

Because when you flash anything be it a mod a ROM ect it has to be in the external SD card or it won't flash properly ..

30th July 2013, 04:13 PM |#2109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog121

This might sound like a stupid question but when you flashed the M5zip was it in the external SD card or internal SD memory ....

Because when you flash anything be it a mod a ROM ect it has to be in the external SD card or it won't flash properly ..

It was on the external SD card, omars-rom is the only mod that wont work for me. All the other Stock-mods are working, Pi-llama, AIO, Blackout, stand-alone-kernel from omar. But with this mod i get bootloop, every time.
30th July 2013, 04:19 PM |#2110  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

The only thing that prevents me to flash this back is because the bad data signal reception on m4. A lot of data drops. No single one over pi- llama ROM. @Omar-Avelar , any clue about this?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Check under /system/etc/init.d/00overrides

There is a losialert timer set to a high value, 4000 I think -- it saves a lot of battery but if people have sucky signal strength and a lot of variance in their region it makes it absolutely worse, restore it back to 1000.

I doubt that the 00radio tweaks is the one causing this -- but if you first try my suggestion that is the 2nd place to look around for the solution. You can comment some.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar-Avelar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Avelar Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 04:39 PM |#2111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-Avelar

Flash with one of the boot.img files from here -- those enable adb forced during boot: http://haxr.org/omar/android/RaZR%20...XT890/TESTING/. Don't flash that complete ROM since that is an AOSP build test that doesn't boot -- just extract the boot.img from there!

Only unlock-boot-screen is shown, flashed boot.img in fastbootmode. Is there any other way to get a log?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, aosp, mods, razri, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)