FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM/KERNEL] Motorola 4.1.2 - Optimized & 4.3/4.4 Goodies (Nov-10-2014 & Final)

1,118 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,218
 
By Omar-Avelar, Senior Member on 3rd March 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2013, 09:21 AM |#2101  
dog121's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
Flashed the latest M5 this morning everything buttery smooth as always no mic or sound issues didn't do a data wipe never have since day 1 did delete the data/alsa folder like Omar suggested everything seems hunkydory.. GREAT WORK OMAR this is deffinatly a milestone release

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to dog121 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dog121 Ad-Free
 
 
30th July 2013, 11:07 AM |#2102  
Omar-Avelar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adddaamo

Omar maybe you can also add support for ZCache/Zram/CleanCache in kernel ? It should also improve available memory numbers - and with our fast CPU we shouldn't see any speed degradation.

Also I've read that last fix to 3.8 kernel (zero huge_page support) saves A LOT of memory.


But, unfortunately, there is no way to bring this feature to our kernel

Will have to read about Zero HP , btw did I put zRAM on the Kernel, you can enable it with a play market app if needed .... I think trickster worked, I personally didn't enable it as default to keep battery savings at max.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar-Avelar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Avelar Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 12:48 PM |#2103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
BTW. Little offtopic. Did you heard about Moto X ? Worth reading

http://www.ibtimes.com/motorola-x8-5...google-1363409

and new Droid line

http://www.mobilegazette.com/motorol...x-13x07x29.htm

Motorola with Google is making next-gen of phones, aka "the future direction" (my opinion).
I also like very much their policy - choose what you like the best, viz. diffrent screen size and battery. For me it's important because I will stay with 4.3'' screen size - While jogging I carry my phone in my hand, listening music and tracking my path with EndoMondo - so bigger screen would be over-kill for me, and I mostly carry my phone in my jeans pocket I like that Mini will get same specs as big brother (HTC and Samsung have chosen worse approach - smaller phone - worse specs).

But I like Razr I very much, and I will stay with it at least for a year (or longer if we will get Android 5.0).
The Following User Says Thank You to adddaamo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adddaamo Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 01:41 PM |#2104  
paulle's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 274
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog121

Flashed the latest M5 this morning everything buttery smooth as always no mic or sound issues didn't do a data wipe never have since day 1 did delete the data/alsa folder like Omar suggested everything seems hunkydory.. GREAT WORK OMAR this is deffinatly a milestone release

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium HD app

can confirm: M5 is super smooth and no mic or sound issues. Thank you Omar for the nice ROM.
30th July 2013, 01:48 PM |#2105  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
waitting for 4.2 or 4.3
30th July 2013, 03:54 PM |#2106  
FourOne82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-Avelar

The file you used is correct, "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" -- did you change anything in the XML?. You could try "9.8.2I-50_SML-28_Retail_BR_SIGNED_SLATAMUnlk_USASMI01RETBRLA021. 0R_S1FF_CFC_fb.xml.zip"?? I remember flashing the zip over BR firmware without problems.

I think i know whats the problem, i flashed "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" via RSDlite, but instead of CWM-recovery i used TWRP-recovery this time. Wiped data, cache, dalvik and system and flashed your M5 zip, after that i reboot into recovery and checked "/system" - no files in "/system", its empty. Tried to flash via CWM too and checked in TWRP file-manager, no files in "/system"...

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

EDIT: TWRP log attachement
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery-log.zip - [Click for QR Code] (13.6 KB, 15 views)
30th July 2013, 04:01 PM |#2107  
espaciosalter20's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia
Thanks Meter: 861
 
Donate to Me
More
The only thing that prevents me to flash this back is because the bad data signal reception on m4. A lot of data drops. No single one over pi- llama ROM. @Omar-Avelar , any clue about this?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta
30th July 2013, 04:07 PM |#2108  
dog121's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 501
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOne82

I think i know whats the problem, i flashed "CFC_9.8.2I-50_SMI-26_S7_USASMIJBRTEU.xml.zip" via RSDlite, but instead of CWM-recovery i used TWRP-recovery this time. Wiped data, cache, dalvik and system and flashed your M5 zip, after that i reboot into recovery and checked "/system" - no files in "/system", its empty. Tried to flash via CWM too and checked in TWRP file-manager, no files in "/system"...

Do you have any idea why this is happening?

This might sound like a stupid question but when you flashed the M5zip was it in the external SD card or internal SD memory ....

Because when you flash anything be it a mod a ROM ect it has to be in the external SD card or it won't flash properly ..

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium HD app
30th July 2013, 04:13 PM |#2109  
FourOne82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog121

This might sound like a stupid question but when you flashed the M5zip was it in the external SD card or internal SD memory ....

Because when you flash anything be it a mod a ROM ect it has to be in the external SD card or it won't flash properly ..

Sent from my XT890 using XDA Premium HD app

It was on the external SD card, omars-rom is the only mod that wont work for me. All the other Stock-mods are working, Pi-llama, AIO, Blackout, stand-alone-kernel from omar. But with this mod i get bootloop, every time.
30th July 2013, 04:19 PM |#2110  
Omar-Avelar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

The only thing that prevents me to flash this back is because the bad data signal reception on m4. A lot of data drops. No single one over pi- llama ROM. @Omar-Avelar , any clue about this?

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 4 Beta

Check under /system/etc/init.d/00overrides

There is a losialert timer set to a high value, 4000 I think -- it saves a lot of battery but if people have sucky signal strength and a lot of variance in their region it makes it absolutely worse, restore it back to 1000.

I doubt that the 00radio tweaks is the one causing this -- but if you first try my suggestion that is the 2nd place to look around for the solution. You can comment some.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omar-Avelar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Omar-Avelar Ad-Free
30th July 2013, 04:39 PM |#2111  
FourOne82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar-Avelar

Flash with one of the boot.img files from here -- those enable adb forced during boot: http://haxr.org/omar/android/RaZR%20...XT890/TESTING/. Don't flash that complete ROM since that is an AOSP build test that doesn't boot -- just extract the boot.img from there!
...

Only unlock-boot-screen is shown, flashed boot.img in fastbootmode. Is there any other way to get a log?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.2.2, aosp, mods, razri, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes