[APP][TUTORIAL] GNote II Camera, Gallery, and Group Pose for GS3 Tmo

Search This thread

imilleson

Feb 25, 2011
Virginia
www.sakalmedia.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this is basically me taking this AT&T GS3 thread and converting it to T-Mobile. I flashed and followed the OP of the thread and had FCs. If you already did your own homework on this please don't feel like I am trying to be a know-it-all - just wanted to save some people a little time here using the GS3 T-Mobile.

You need to be rooted obviously

You can download the GNote II camera, gallery, and best group pose HERE but after flashing and installing the group pose, i still had issues. I am running Stock JB

-------------------------------------

Here is what I did:

1. Use a root browser and go into /system/app and rename SecGallery2.apk to SecGallery2.apk.bak and rename SecGallery2.odex to SecGallery2.odex.bak (so you can revert if you want)

2. Flash Camera and Gallery zip from CWM

3. Reboot
    [Note] some people have had to flash twice before the GNote II camera installs.

4. Put BestGroupPose.apk in /system/app and change permissions to rw-r--r--
    (These permissions ) View attachment 1578546

5. Reboot (at this point everything worked except Best Group Pose, it force closed on me.)

6. In /system/app, click on the BestGroupPose.apk and select install

7. Navigate to /sdcard/DCIM and delete the .thumnails folder, and clear Gallery / Camera data

8. Reboot

-------------------------------------

Done. I know these steps seems superfluous but this is what i did and I am not a developer so don't feel like attempting to shorten the steps. Everything now works for me including video Slow Motion and Best Group Pose

Screenshots:
    bgp.jpeg

all.jpg

sm.jpeg
    Works for me on Wicked. Thanks man great iob

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You should add that you should also backup the existing SamsungCamera.apk as a bak file. It was the only way to have the Note Camera install successfully for me. It couldn't install/overwrite otherwise.

Also clear your Gallery data if after performing the steps the Picasa part of the gallery doesn't load.

Excellent tutorial, and worked like a charm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Will this work on galaxy s4 ??

SeNt FRoM thE 4th GalaXy of the AnDroid uNiVerSe™