FORUMS

[Android on Omnia II-GTI8000] - [ROM] - [PORTING] - [FROYO 2.2.2] TWISTER v.2 ROM

159 posts
Thanks Meter: 125
 
By spiderman1961, Senior Member on 28th June 2013, 05:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2013, 07:49 PM |#41  
sergio_sos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Phone freeze
My gf was using the phone for a couple of days now and all was working great, but then the phone freezed and there was nothing to do to wake it up (it stayed freezed on the homescreen)
I had to take the battery out but then when I tried to reboot, after the Twister 2 logo the screen goes black and it won't finish booting. I feel it vibrates every 30-40 secons, maybe triyng to finish booting but after 5 minutes I take the battery out again.
Tried severel times with no luck. So I installed the image again and it worked, but of course I had to install and set everything again.
Again my gf used the phone some hours (I installed image yesterday) and again the freeze and again the phone won't reboot into Android, only black screen like before.

How can I prevent this from happening again? Why Android is failing to boot?

Edit: I cannot see the sd card or internal storage running Android. I unchecked Debug USB but no luck (also restarted my PC)

Another thing: the two first intallations when I open the Play Store, all the preinstalled apps were there, now I don't have any apps to show. I cannot see the apps already installed like Facebook or Gmail, how can I fix this?

ps Sorry for all the questions, but my gf is making me crazy because his Omnia 2 is not working OK as I promised
31st July 2013, 06:46 AM |#42  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio_sos

My gf was using the phone for a couple of days now and all was working great, but then the phone freezed and there was nothing to do to wake it up (it stayed freezed on the homescreen)
I had to take the battery out but then when I tried to reboot, after the Twister 2 logo the screen goes black and it won't finish booting. I feel it vibrates every 30-40 secons, maybe triyng to finish booting but after 5 minutes I take the battery out again.
Tried severel times with no luck. So I installed the image again and it worked, but of course I had to install and set everything again.
Again my gf used the phone some hours (I installed image yesterday) and again the freeze and again the phone won't reboot into Android, only black screen like before.

How can I prevent this from happening again? Why Android is failing to boot?

Edit: I cannot see the sd card or internal storage running Android. I unchecked Debug USB but no luck (also restarted my PC)

Another thing: the two first intallations when I open the Play Store, all the preinstalled apps were there, now I don't have any apps to show. I cannot see the apps already installed like Facebook or Gmail, how can I fix this?

ps Sorry for all the questions, but my gf is making me crazy because his Omnia 2 is not working OK as I promised

All you say seems to be general problem of files corruption ad maybe partitions...
So: reinstall official WinMo (JJ1 is better), this will restore original partitions.
Then repartition all following guide.
Then reinstall Android.
After second reboot of android perform system maintenance like written here
Repeat this maintenace for wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and fix permission each week
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
31st July 2013, 06:51 AM |#43  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalTekkers

Thank you, internet works now. However, I now face a new problem - the screen was turned off then I tried to wake it up but it didn't respond, it won't wake up. I know the battery is not drained because it was charged recently and nearly full. I had to take out the battery from the phone to restart the phone.

Perform system maintenance like written here
Repeat this maintenace for wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and fix permission each week
If issue persist download setcpu form Playstore and set minimun cpu frequency to 133: it will drain more battery but should solve
31st July 2013, 12:00 PM |#44  
sergio_sos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rosario
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman1961

All you say seems to be general problem of files corruption ad maybe partitions...
So: reinstall official WinMo (JJ1 is better), this will restore original partitions.
Then repartition all following guide.
Then reinstall Android.
After second reboot of android perform system maintenance like written here
Repeat this maintenace for wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache and fix permission each week

Thank you spiderman, I will try to install all from zero.

One question: the problem with Google Play Store not showing the pre-installed apps (Facebook, Root Explorer, etc) could be also because of corrupted files? I ask because in the first two installations all the apps were there, but only in the last installation they disappear. The files worked fine two times and then got corrupted? Or is it something else?
31st July 2013, 01:29 PM |#45  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio_sos

Thank you spiderman, I will try to install all from zero.

One question: the problem with Google Play Store not showing the pre-installed apps (Facebook, Root Explorer, etc) could be also because of corrupted files? I ask because in the first two installations all the apps were there, but only in the last installation they disappear. The files worked fine two times and then got corrupted? Or is it something else?

Apps are not showed as installed in Playstore? But are they on phone?
If so is an account issue: try to delete data and cache from Playstore and Google services framework. If it isn't enough delete your database account, reboot and make again your account
10th August 2013, 09:27 AM |#46  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Wink
@ Jaharr

My storage is showed on file explorer as "storage". You don't need mount it
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
23rd August 2013, 11:00 PM |#47  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
dear sir

can i skip the minitool part
just using gparted only ?
24th August 2013, 09:27 AM |#48  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemogamo

dear sir

can i skip the minitool part
just using gparted only ?

If you have experience with ubuntu yes
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman1961 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift spiderman1961 Ad-Free
2nd September 2013, 10:17 AM |#49  
mamatkool's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
same problem with different issues!! help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalTekkers

I am on the last step and I opened haret.exe from WinMobile, the files loaded up then a screen came up with a big red circle, red writing saying 'GHOST i8000' and some chinese writing. It is stuck at that screen.




hi Spiderman,

I've got the same problem but this time its still can boot to android after the screen of 'GHOST I800' came out. I booted my phone with sim & microsd inside. even after several reboots, its still the same.

another problem is when the backlight goes out, the phone wont wakeup anymore. waited for a long time but the phone still had no respond. to boot the phone i've to take out the battery. again i try to boot android & its the same problem, won't wakeup if the backlight has turn off.

hope got answer from u asap...
3rd September 2013, 08:15 AM |#50  
spiderman1961's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Avella
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatkool

hi Spiderman,

I've got the same problem but this time its still can boot to android after the screen of 'GHOST I800' came out. I booted my phone with sim & microsd inside. even after several reboots, its still the same.

another problem is when the backlight goes out, the phone wont wakeup anymore. waited for a long time but the phone still had no respond. to boot the phone i've to take out the battery. again i try to boot android & its the same problem, won't wakeup if the backlight has turn off.

hope got answer from u asap...

Sorry i didn't understand: android does boot or not? If boot what does happen after?
Maybe anything went bad on installation...control pease an tell me
3rd September 2013, 11:22 AM |#51  
mamatkool's Avatar
Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
android does boot but after the screen 'GHOST I8000'. evrytime i booted android the 'GHOST I8000' came out 1st then android boot as usual.

the other prob is, my phone stuck when the screen off. means, when backlight goes off, it stuck there and wont turn on...

i've try to uninstall & reinstall the rom again & again but the probs still there..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, android on omnia, froyo, omnia 2, twister

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes