[Q] T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Ringtones resetting.

Search This thread

USArmyCP

Aug 1, 2013
I got my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 on 7-26-13. It is awesome, but I have noticed one problem. About every 2 days or so the sounds automatically reset back to system defaults. It is only my sounds, no other settings or options, but it all my sounds: Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms. They change from the custom ones back to "default ringtone".

All of my sounds and ringtones are stored on my external SD card. I restart my phone if not everyday then every-other day.

This has happened about 3 times since I got the phone and is very annoying. I called T-Mobile and they said this is a first time hearing of this issue and reccomended I do a Master Reset. I really want to avoid the master as much as possible. Usually I go to bed at night, plug my phone in to charge and when I wake up the sounds have been reset.

It is almost as if the SD card is unmounting then remounting itself while the phone is powered on. I dont think that is happening I just wanted to use it as an example of what is actually happening.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Curtis.

Last edited:

ThisThing

Jul 20, 2013
The SD cards on these phones are notoriously flaky but usually not the stock ones... still. If you're rooted you can replace (or add to) the ring tones on the internal storage.

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
What's the status of your S4 regarding bone stock, Root, ROM etc.?
What additional if any apps have you installed from the playstore, etc?
What extsdcard card is installed?
As mentioned previously, sd cards can be corrupt, defective, etc. If you feel this may be the issue as you described, insert another card to rule the card in or our as the cause.

rogerse

May 7, 2010
I am also on an S4, the sprint flavor, and have the exact problem as above. I understand the concept of moving the ring tones / notifications from the SD card to the internal storage, which will require root. Can someone please direct me to the correct location on the internal storage? Also once I have moved them, should I remove the folder from the SD card?

Thanks