FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod 6.0.3.3 for THL W8/W8+/Beyond/W8s (built from source)

7,591 posts
Thanks Meter: 23,667

By C3C076, Recognized Contributor on 16th April 2013, 08:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd August 2013, 03:10 PM |#211  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
For w8 beyond there are different installation instructions. Go through the first post carefully.

2nd August 2013, 03:26 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I have tried both ways. They both require the phone to connect while it is turned off. I get the same screen Also to mention i have the 16GB version.
2nd August 2013, 03:38 PM |#213  
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
USB vcom driver is probably not installed correctly. Sorry I can't help more ATM since I'm "out of office" the whole weekend.
2nd August 2013, 04:39 PM |#214  

More
I apreciate your repsonse. I got the message that "the drivers are installed" and i have also rooted the phone via cable by connecting it on the pc. I' ll retry on a different pc. Thanks for the help!
2nd August 2013, 05:19 PM |#215  
Flag Bratislava

Donate to Me
More
Well, if you are already rooted there's another way how ton install cwm recovery.
1) get terminal emulator from play store
2) copy cwm recovery.img to sdcard
3) run terminal emulator app and execute commands
Code:
$ su (allow root access for terminal emulator when asked)
# dd if=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
That's it. Turn off phone and turn it on while holding Volume+. Should boot into recovery.
If that doesn;t work, get ADB and use "adb.exe reboot recovery" while phone is turned on.
You must have USB debugging in development options for this to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to C3C076 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift C3C076 Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 05:46 PM |#216  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3C076

Well, if you are already rooted there's another way how ton install cwm recovery.
1) get terminal emulator from play store
2) copy cwm recovery.img to sdcard
3) run terminal emulator app and execute commands

Code:
$ su (allow root access for terminal emulator when asked)
# dd if=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery
That's it. Turn off phone and turn it on while holding Volume+. Should boot into recovery.
If that doesn;t work, get ADB and use "adb.exe reboot recovery" while phone is turned on.
You must have USB debugging in development options for this to work.

Wow..! Thanks a lot! That worked! And it's more simple than the other procedure I' ll post tonight the link of the program i used to root the phone. It's an one click procedure.
2nd August 2013, 11:01 PM |#217  

More
Root THL W8 Beyond with one click:

droidchina.com/forum/Thread-ROOT-GUI-Root-Wizard-for-MTK65xx-phones

It might also work for W8. Thanks again for the help C3C076..!
The Following User Says Thank You to zombie_wireless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombie_wireless Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 10:37 PM |#218  

More
Is there any way we can increase the frame rate and bitrate of the stock camcorder?
8th August 2013, 12:25 AM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Can you adapt cwm for the new model w8s? Thank you so much
8th August 2013, 12:30 AM |#220  
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Cool whole rom backup
i have thl w8 8gb version with build number ThL_W8.JB.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589V1.0.13_20130312
i haven't modified the rom and wanted to make a full backup of stock rom so if something goes wrong i can restore my stock rom can you tell me how to make whole rom backup using sp flash tool or any other program......
i have also attached screenshot of build number.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1375654140889-V.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	2172898  
8th August 2013, 10:20 PM |#221  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimur272

i have thl w8 8gb version with build number ThL_W8.JB.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589V1.0.13_20130312
i haven't modified the rom and wanted to make a full backup of stock rom so if something goes wrong i can restore my stock rom can you tell me how to make whole rom backup using sp flash tool or any other program......
i have also attached screenshot of build number.

You can create backup with clockwork mod. Read post #217 to root your device and post #215 to install clockwork mod. If you put the recovery.img file in your phones sdcard, change the # dd if=/storage/sdcard1/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery to # dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/recovery. Sdcard1 refers to external card.

Also, i'd like to ask something about the G-sensor. When i go to Settings->Display->G-sensor Calibration the bubbles inside the two bars are unstable. Is this normal? It has an impact in games too. Is there anywhere an option to make it less sensitive?
The Following User Says Thank You to zombie_wireless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zombie_wireless Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, recovery, thl w8, twrp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)