2,574 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,005

By NZtechfreak, Senior Member on 21st April 2013, 07:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th July 2013, 03:53 PM |#141  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Seems kinda asus failed to delivered 4.2 as they promises once this device launch . and now they commited to skip it n working on 4.3 .. i predict it also just a word to delay or perhaps abandon our device n came up with new padfone again..who knows right..

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using xda premium
4th August 2013, 04:58 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Infinity and PP2 should get 4.3 in q3 since Asus had it for a while now...

6th August 2013, 03:27 AM |#143  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
hi, I have something strange going on with my PFI, when I try to receive a photofrom my S4 using NFC my PFI opens up google play store I dunno why??
6th August 2013, 01:22 PM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Got this phone recently. It is working perfectly until I try connecting the phone to TV using original Asus HDMI adapter for Infinity. The picture & movie play smoothly, but the sound... has no bass at all! I tried on 3 TVs; connect directly to AVR etc, there is simply no bass, only flat sound. Latest firmware, TW set. Anyone having this issue?

Another question I would like to ask is, how to disable the annoying Transformer sound during docking and undocking?

Thank you.

Compared to PF2, Infinity is great in almost everything except for poor phone speaker and slower docking/undocking speed. PF2 docking speed is faster because of same resolution between phone and tablet. Infinity docking speed is about the same as PF1. Infinity wake up speed during dock (by pressing power button) is slower than PF2 too, it takes about 1 sec.

Infinity camera offset from center could be due to protecting the lens during undocking, but I like the center design in PF2. PF2 camera lens get dirt inside easily, not sure about infinity yet.

Finally a firm USB port in Infinity. PF2 has really stupid USB port design.
7th August 2013, 02:21 PM |#145  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iieeann

Another question I would like to ask is, how to disable the annoying Transformer sound during docking and undocking?

Thank you.

Try this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erswitcher.pro

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
7th August 2013, 02:30 PM |#146  

More
woot thanks alot, I have that app but not knowing it has that function.
8th August 2013, 08:20 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi dear padfone infinity users,
I'm about to buy padfone infinity. I really like the metal body of the phone and the docking ability which really suits my needs.
I have read in this thread some users complain about the volume of loud speakers on phone.. Some complained it's so weak that they have missed some calls.. Is this a padfone problem or just for some users?
And i'm a bit worried about asus support of android on this device. Will 4.2.2 or 4.3 ever be released for infinity??
10th August 2013, 10:33 AM |#148  

More
Yes the loud speaker on phone is weak, the worst among padfone series in term of volume and quality.
Docking ability, the docking speed is same as padfone1, slower than padfone 2 which is almost immediate. Infinity takes about 1 sec.
The Following User Says Thank You to iieeann For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iieeann Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 11:28 AM |#149  

More
I disagree with that. Mine is pretty loud. Only really annoying problems i have faced is that while 4g on, messages and calls dont come thru sometimes.

And every now and then when phone is docked and i start a call, speaker volume is really quiet.
Undocking and docking again fixes it.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlluXX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AlluXX Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 09:21 PM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
HSPA+ T-Mobile (US)
Hey guys please forgive the noobness of this question but I could really use some help here. I am in the US and did a lot ought research regarding the Padfone Infinity. When I purchased my unit I was under the impression that the only data rates that would work past 2G speeds was HSPA+ on1900mhz frequency. And that AT&T was the only carrier time of posting to offer that. But î then read about the entire T-Mobile rolloutand found that SF (where I live) was already live.I ordered a Padfone infinity and switched to T-Mobs (Buh-Bye Verizon). The unit arrived and was activated but no HSPA+ speeds. I changed the APN settings, called T-Mobile tech support which they had me do the same. I had tried the settings in the post on XDA REGARDING settings and nothing. I saw there was one Rom posted on XDA so loaded twrp on my infinity and loaded the Rom still a max of 128kbps...( am I driving a car powered by feet and ordering a brontasaurus burger here?) At anyrate I am about to go buy a 4g hotspot to carry around... the sku for my device is now jzo54k.ww 10.69.29 it was originally a China sku. Same build. My question is does anyone know if this can be remedied with an adjusted US modem version or settings o. anything?I am dying with these slow speeds, I am willing to work with whomever as much as possible. If the solution is a proprietary modem that comes from a top developer I am willing to talk compensation. If the infinity currently does not support anything above 2g speeds in the US this would be awesome for us. I would just ask that you allow me to distribute the solution freely. There are alot of us out there suffering, and an alleviation would be nice. The place I purchased mine from said they sell about 60 of these a week.
12th August 2013, 06:31 AM |#151  

More
According to gsmarena, padfone uses 1900Mhz only for 2g so I think only option for you might be 4g.

Dont know what frequencies your carrier uses for it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)