FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone staying awake/screen on when powered off

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By okdaddio, Junior Member on 17th June 2013, 11:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Basically, say I power the phone off at night (10pm - 6am). When I wake up and check Power-->History, I see the following for each of the categories:

Mobile network signal has a gap for the off period
WiFi has a gap for the off period
Awake is FILLED for the off period (solid blue bar for the time the phone was powered down)
Screen on is FILLED for the off period (solid blue bar for the time the phone was powered down)

Can't post screenies unfortunately, and so please see if you can assist without an image.

This is very annoying because the battery is also draining about 5%-10% each evening.

Any ideas for a fix or is there some sort of logical explanation here?

23rd June 2013, 02:59 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Please help if you can!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-06-23-08-43-39.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	2063451  
26th June 2013, 01:18 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
26th June 2013, 11:06 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Can you return the phone? It's obviously not supposed to stay awake when you shut it down, so I would return it.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to born_fisherman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift born_fisherman Ad-Free
29th June 2013, 07:04 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm outside of the 14 day exchange period.
1st July 2013, 03:29 AM |#6  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 303

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by okdaddio

I'm outside of the 14 day exchange period.

But you're under the 1 year warranty. Go to an AT&T Corporate store and show them.

Sent from the "ONE" phone for me
7th August 2013, 10:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Having exactly the same problem - see my thread here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2394626

Can't work out what's going on, it seems like the phone is not correctly shutting down, and something is keeping it awake when it should be asleep. Very strange.
7th August 2013, 02:53 PM |#8  
Flag Ormond Beach FL.
Thanks Meter: 1,707

More
Just installed wake lock detector. I'm going to assume it has something to do with a software/app keeping it awake. Going to run this today and tonight. I'll let you know what I find.

My screen showed being on all night too, however, I keep my phone plugged in all night so no biggie, I mean. I know it wasn't physically on all night or the screen would have kept me awake. There are many stories online of htc & the gs3s and 4s doing this. 9 times out of ten it was software or an app..

*S¡gned
7th August 2013, 03:27 PM |#9  

More
Yeah, I've installed Wakelock Detector and GSAM Battery Monitor so we will see what happens tonight. I may try flashing a custom kernel or returning to stock if I can't figure anything out.
2nd September 2013, 10:23 AM |#10  

More
OK, flashed back to stock and relocked bootloader and still getting this problem intermittently. Can't figure out what it is. Wondering if the device itself is faulty.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)