[FIX][CM10/CM10.1/CM10.1.2]Whatsapp "No Notification Sound" Fix!!

Search This thread

sallu08

Mar 12, 2013
New Delhi
Whatsapp "No Notification Sound" Fix!!

Hey guys.. I noticed a problem on CM10.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, that there is no notification sound for applications like Whatsapp.. There is no problem with the rom but the cause of this bug is unknown..
Nevertheless, people who are experiencing this problem then try this simple procedure and it should the problem..

Procedure:
1) Open settings..
2) Tap Profiles..
3) Then move right to Application Group management and add a new one (with +), then name anything (for example: "whatsapp")..
4) Now add Whatspp application to this group..
5) Go back to profiles..
6) Create a new Profile and name it anything (for example: "whatsapp")..
7) Open setting of this newly created profile (by tapping on setting button next to profile name)..
8) Scroll down to application groups and tap on whatsapp (the group you created in step 3)..
9) Now tap on "Notification mode" and and select "On"..
10) And thats it.. You now have whatsapp notification sound.. Hurray.. :D

If you are not able to follow this or you don't understand anything then please don't hesitate and post below..

NOTE: THIS FIX CAN ALSO BE USED FOR OTHER APPLICATIONS LIKE TANGO etc..

I hope this helped You!!! :victory:

hellogunj

Apr 26, 2013
Mumbai
Sallu Miyaan, Kamaal kar dita..

Thanks alot mate, Whatsapp notification works perfectly now... Thats such a relief you know...

Hoping few more glitches in the ROM gets a fix soon.,..

:D

deadwood01

Dec 17, 2010
Bhadravathi
another simplest way is go to your current profile under settings , go to application groups select SMS and add the applications like whatsapp and if any other app which doesn't notify in it....

Reactions: akki809

tokidoki11

May 22, 2012
It's not really a fix i think, because i can't differ the ringtone of whatsapp to system's message ringtone

Sent from my GT-S7500

suhasrocz

Sep 20, 2012
Mumbai

Hey guys.. I noticed a problem on CM10.1.2 for Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus, that there is no notification sound for applications like Whatsapp.. There is no problem with the rom but the cause of this bug is unknown..
Nevertheless, people who are experiencing this problem then try this simple procedure and it should the problem..

Procedure:
1) Open settings..
2) Tap Profiles..
3) Then move right to Application Group management and add a new one (with +), then name anything (for example: "whatsapp")..
5) Go back to profiles..
7) Open setting of this newly created profile (by tapping on setting button next to profile name)..
8) Scroll down to application groups and tap on whatsapp (the group you created in step 3)..

If you are not able to follow this or you don't understand anything then please don't hesitate and post below..

Thanks buddy....I was looking for a solution for a long time....but then you dont have to create a different profile...you can select any profile and need to add a new group in the application group...it works the same way...:good:

hannan84

Dec 14, 2014
I have the same problem in Samsung galaxy S4 but u cannot follow your solution as I cannot find profile option in my mobile. Any help???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Procedure:
    1) Open settings..
    2) Tap Profiles..
    5) Go back to profiles..

another simplest way is go to your current profile under settings , go to application groups select SMS and add the applications like whatsapp and if any other app which doesn't notify in it....
    It's not really a fix i think, because i can't differ the ringtone of whatsapp to system's message ringtone

Sent from my GT-S7500

Yup.. That's because of the settings of your profile.. Very soon I'll update this thread with a procedure to differ sms from whatsapp and other apps!!