FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.3+] Floating Toucher: A Personalized Floating Tool For You! v2.0. (2013/9/23)

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 236

By dasi1241, Member on 8th July 2013, 10:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2013, 03:53 PM |#211  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasi1241

Dear Magissia,

I'm trying to figure out how "create a shortcut other apps can call to make the floating object appear". Does it mean that other app should add some code to launch the FT? It seems hard to do this. I may not fully get the idea from you description.

I will check GMD gesture first.

Hello, other apps have no specific code to add, every app that can trigger shortcuts will be able to trigger the floating tool, you can try adding a gesture to a shortcut of your choice with GMD gesture, you can for example make a shortcut to the Android VPN settings, and it will open that page directly because there's a shortcut for it, some apps include shortcuts, but i'm mentioning VPN because you should have it on every 4.X
+ android built in.

5th August 2013, 04:13 PM |#212  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Awesome, it works on my lil device

Sent from MARVEL JellyScream
7th August 2013, 12:58 AM |#213  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone

Hello Developer I have the Pro version, and all in all I'm really happy, it's a great all-in -one product that replaces many other apps I was using.

I would like to know if you plan to implement some changes though

Namely:

Backup/restore settings

Sound settings dialog in the Actions settings (like extended controls) it's a big omission not having it, when most other settings are available. (this would be Ringtone, notifications, Media, Alarm etc)

Ability to set your own brightness parameters in the brightness control (like extended controls) example (1,34,67,100,255) would toggle through 1%, 34%, 67%, 100%, Auto) rather than the ones you preset for us.

I have asked this already via review & email, but this forum seems to get a good response.

Hi techguyone,

Thanks for your support. My co-worker takes charge of replying emails. But he may be busy with the DEV work and bug fix. You may not get replied in time. I really appreciate your suggestions and ideas.

1. backup and restore are very important. We miss this at the first thought. I think we will make it happen in future update.
2. More actions are always good. I will investigate the solution about the actions you mentioned. If everything works fine, I will try to add them.
3. Currently, brightness control is following the android standard setting. I find most of device acts like this way. And it looks like it's similar like you said, except the "1%". This may be more acceptable for most of users.
7th August 2013, 01:18 AM |#214  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatdawg

I just want an integrated solution. I have a widget launcher (circle launcher). I have soft buttons (multiple apps, virtual button and zmooth(gesture / control center like thing), button savior, quickdial...

Instead of having 3 programs, an application, an overlay, and a widget. I was hoping to have all 3 in one program.

I could get all the features i want from multiple programs that I have already bought, but I like your implementation the best so far and it seems you are very responsive.

I understand that crossing multiple areas is complex and time consuming and the return might not be great.

But if you put in a plugin for widgets launch, application launch, I would buy each of those plugins. FYI.

I'm happy with what you've done. If this is where it will basically stand for some time, that's cool. I look forward to any advances over the next couple years.

Thanks Phatdawg,

I may not fully understand the vision of this kind app in your mind. But I have the feeling that you have many deep thoughts about this. I really thank you for previous post about new ideas and appreciate you about buying pro to support us. My colleague and I will discuss them and try to make them happen.

7th August 2013, 01:20 AM |#215  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia

Hello, other apps have no specific code to add, every app that can trigger shortcuts will be able to trigger the floating tool, you can try adding a gesture to a shortcut of your choice with GMD gesture, you can for example make a shortcut to the Android VPN settings, and it will open that page directly because there's a shortcut for it, some apps include shortcuts, but i'm mentioning VPN because you should have it on every 4.X
+ android built in.

I know what you mean. You want to use gesture to show the toucher, right?
The Following User Says Thank You to dasi1241 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dasi1241 Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 01:21 AM |#216  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdot

Awesome, it works on my lil device

Sent from MARVEL JellyScream

Thanks. Enjoy.
7th August 2013, 03:12 PM |#217  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasi1241

I know what you mean. You want to use gesture to show the toucher, right?

Want to be able to show the toucher with anything i want (including gesture) that's why i talked about making a shortcut (so other apps can call it)

Regards
7th August 2013, 09:36 PM |#218  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magissia

Want to be able to show the toucher with anything i want (including gesture) that's why i talked about making a shortcut (so other apps can call it)

Regards

Yes. This. Either a shortcut or activity or intent so it can be called up any way one wants... Gesture, launcher, pie...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kroewe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kroewe Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 08:05 PM |#219  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Feature request: A whitelist of apps that automatically take the floater to the notification area.

Example: dialler. If I start to ring a number/contact there is no reason I'd want the floater to be on screen, typically it just gets in the way, it'd be good if it auto put it into notification when this app launches, plus any other apps you'd be able to pick from a list of apps on your phone.

This would be apps that i'd never need to have the floater visible on, like MX Player, Browser etc.
20th August 2013, 03:38 PM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can't use back button
i can't use back button on my galaxy nexus,
already routed, how can i do???
22nd August 2013, 03:42 PM |#221  
Thanks Meter: 744

More
I like this better than pie.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)