2,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 834

By tvall, Senior Member on 11th May 2012, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
jianC
31st July 2013, 12:18 AM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've fixed the error I had earlier when compiling CM9 and it works fine on my MT3G but the main issue i'm having is with hardware acceleration..

The build is quite snappy with animations off but a workaround for hardware acceleration, in my opinion, is a top priority.

31st July 2013, 08:36 AM |#482  
Thanks Meter: 544

Donate to Me
More
I agree H/W acceleration is a must

Maybe I shall snoop around and see which other devices have the same CPU/GPU and see what's what which their cm builds

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using xda app-developers app
jianC
31st July 2013, 06:17 PM |#483  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFox2011

I agree H/W acceleration is a must

Maybe I shall snoop around and see which other devices have the same CPU/GPU and see what's what which their cm builds

I'm guessing we either have to forward port openGL ES 1.1 support to ICS, or somehow find drivers for our adreno 130 that supports openGL ES 2.0 (chances are practically null). The former seems more plausible. However, chances are is that I don't know what I'm actually talking about.
31st July 2013, 06:22 PM |#484  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jianC

I'm guessing we either have to forward port openGL ES 1.1 support to ICS, or somehow find drivers for our adreno 130 that supports openGL ES 2.0 (chances are practically null). The former seems more plausible. However, chances are is that I don't know what I'm actually talking about.

Porting to ics is our best shot, cause as you said the chance of adrena 130 drivers is nill, problem is how the hell do we port opengl to icss :/

jianC
1st August 2013, 12:13 AM |#485  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFox2011

Porting to ics is our best shot, cause as you said the chance of adrena 130 drivers is nill, problem is how the hell do we port opengl to icss :/

Someone would have to forward port frameworks/base/opengl from cm7 to ICS, along with adding copybit support to surfaceflinger and some other packages, but although the UI might be smoother, some apps that require HWA would still not be compatible since they require openGL 2.0... Maybe we could petition qualcomm to release adreno 130 drivers with openGL 2.0 support but that's a very long shot. lol

check out page 30 of this pdf (userspace) to see what we theoretically would have to modify if we were to port openGL 1.1: http://0xlab.org/~jserv/android-graphics.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
1st August 2013, 09:19 AM |#486  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jianC

Someone would have to forward port frameworks/base/opengl from cm7 to ICS, along with adding copybit support to surfaceflinger and some other packages, but although the UI might be smoother, some apps that require HWA would still not be compatible since they require openGL 2.0... Maybe we could petition qualcomm to release adreno 130 drivers with openGL 2.0 support but that's a very long shot. lol

check out page 30 of this pdf (userspace) to see what we theoretically would have to modify if we were to port openGL 1.1: http://0xlab.org/~jserv/android-graphics.pdf

Over at galaxy mini we petitioned for new drivers from qualcomm for ics, and it took masses and masses of people for them to notice, more people than are active in g1 forum

Ill have a look at the pdf later and see how easy (hard) it will be, haha

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

We might need to get an expert to work on it for us

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyFox2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndyFox2011 Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 10:38 PM |#487  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Source link in second post updated from my repo to the uniteddev one. New build coming as soon as I test it

Sent from my Evo V 4G using Tapatalk 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvall Ad-Free
7th August 2013, 10:58 PM |#488  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvall

Source link in second post updated from my repo to the uniteddev one. New build coming as soon as I test it

Brilliant dude! I got a really replacement phone so my G1 is free again since I don't need it

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app
8th August 2013, 03:36 AM |#489  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
wifi isnt working on the test build. will debug later. its time for food

edit: modules.sqf wasnt mounted on boot. easy fix. no idea why it wasn't there though.

edit2: compiling again.

edit 3: uploading. next up is some kernel tweaking. then back to researching hw acceleration.

edit 4: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...m_sapphire.zip bluetooth isnt working, and the keyboard cutoff is back.
The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvall Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 06:31 AM |#490  
OP Senior Member
Flag Springfield

More
Anyone want aokp updated too, or should we just stick with cm only for a while?

The Following User Says Thank You to tvall For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tvall Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 07:06 AM |#491  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,070

Donate to Me
More
What was the keyboard cutoff issue?

AOKP: why not... :P

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)