FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[V4A][IRS][DDC]103 Headphone correction IRS/DDC filters--2016-06-05 5 new HiFi models

490 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,379

By Joe0Bloggs, Senior Member on 21st July 2013, 06:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th August 2013, 05:47 AM |#321  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Panther

MHey guy i am so happy of the sennheiser hd25 irs you made to me but , I am listening metal and I am wondering one thing does I should take a heavy metal irs or my sennheiser irs for get the best of my music?

It's possible to combine two irs together, I will write about this when I get home
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 06:50 AM |#322  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sennheiser HD 280 pro. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
8th August 2013, 11:13 AM |#323  
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
All right Joe...I received my earphones from you today thank you very much...could you point me in the direction of the IRS for them please ...sorry if you have posted the link all ready I must have missed it

>--

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Never mind ...its amazing what reading the op can do for you :thumbup:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calvo1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Calvo1 Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 11:17 AM |#324  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 14,607

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvo1

All right Joe...I received my earphones from you today thank you very much...could you point me in the direction of the IRS for them please ...sorry if you have posted the link all ready I must have missed it

>--

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Never mind ...its amazing what reading the op can do for you :thumbup:

the dropbox, u can see sleeper4android project, inside has the irs for S4A
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zhuhang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zhuhang Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 11:35 AM |#325  
Thanks Meter: 2,382

More
Yep cheers mate got them...

Joe would you like me to post feedback on here or Pm

>--

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calvo1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Calvo1 Ad-Free
8th August 2013, 02:41 PM |#326  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya

Donate to Me
More
Actually how flat response / hi-fi sound sounds like?
8th August 2013, 08:00 PM |#327  
OP Senior Member

More
Cool How to combine two IRS effects for use together
1. Download ConvolverVST here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/conv...4vc%2B%2B.zip/
Audacity here
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
2. Install audacity, then install ConvolverVST in the Plug-Ins directory of Audacity e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-Ins\Convolver
Then add the directory you installed convolver to to window's "path" environment variable as detailed here: (in step 2 of "getting started")
http://convolver.sourceforge.net/vst.html
3. Start Audacity. If this is not your first time running audacity, go to Edit->Preferences->Effects and check "Rescan VST effects next time Audacity is started".
4. Load a track of music (e.g. by dragging a music file from explorer onto the audacity window and try convolving it using convolverVST (by choosing Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST...) and see whether the sound is correct. The documentation for convolverVST is here
Things I've found out so far:
-You need to use wav files instead of irs files for convolving. For my irs files just changing the extension to .wav will work, dunno about others.
-For my system, the default of no partitions does not yield correct sound while 1 partition works.
-Test the result by pressing the play button in audacity...
5. When you've found settings that yield correct sound, close the music file you loaded and instead load one of the two irs you want to combine. (again eg by dragging and dropping it to audacity)
6. Because the convolver shifts audio forward in time, it may shift the combined irs beyond the time window of the original irs, so we need to lengthen the sound clip. Scroll to the end of the sound clip for the irs and use the caret tool to select a time after the end of the clip:

7. Select Generate->Silence... and generate 30 seconds of silence
8. Use the caret tool again to make a selection bridging the end of the sound clip for the irs and the start of the silence clip you generated:

9. Select Edit->Clip Boundaries->Join (or just press Ctrl+J) to make one long clip out of the two clips
10. Select the whole clip by clicking on an empty part of the track label, e.g.

and select Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST... and load the other IRS you want to combine with the first. The other settings should be the same as those that you found to work properly with music in your testing in (4). Press OK and you should get the two IRS convolved together!
(At this point theoretically you may repeat this step as many times as you like with different impulses to combine 3, 4, x IRS together. Whether the result will sound any good, well... )
11. Now you need to find the location of the combined impulse and make a short selection (e.g. 16384 samples) containing it. Ctrl+mouse wheel down on the track to zoom out on it to find the impulse peak and Ctrl+mouse up at the peak to zoom in on it

(how the peak looks like zoomed out)
12. Using the caret tool, click on the track a short distance to the left of the impulse, then make a selection of length 16384 samples by specifying this in the toolbox below:

(make sure to click on the "length" radio button then hit the dropdown box button and select "samples" as the unit before entering "16384")

If you selected the starting position correctly, the selection area should cover the impulse with a short space before (to the left) and more space after (to the right). You may need to redo this step again, changing the starting point until the selection covers the impulse thusly. You may need to zoom in and out on the impulse to make the whole selection visible across a suitable area of the screen like in this screenshot.

13. Select File->Export Selection... and choose save as type: other uncompressed files and click the options... button. Choose header to be wav (microsoft) and encoding to be 32 bit float. Then hit ok, type the file name you choose for the combined irs, add an .irs suffix to it, and hit Save. It'll ask you whether you're sure about saving with .irs extension instead of .wav. Click Yes.

14. Copy the combined irs to your android's Kernel folder and enjoy!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 01:29 AM |#328  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 211

More
I'm working on making an IRS for Sol republic amps. Wish me luck

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hitorijanae For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hitorijanae Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 08:18 AM |#329  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

1. Download ConvolverVST here
http://sourceforge.net/projects/conv...4vc%2B%2B.zip/
Audacity here
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
2. Install audacity, then install ConvolverVST in the Plug-Ins directory of Audacity e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Plug-Ins\Convolver
Then add the directory you installed convolver to to window's "path" environment variable as detailed here: (in step 2 of "getting started")
3. Start Audacity. If this is not your first time running audacity, go to Edit->Preferences->Effects and check "Rescan VST effects next time Audacity is started".
4. Load a track of music (e.g. by dragging a music file from explorer onto the audacity window and try convolving it using convolverVST (by choosing Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST...) and see whether the sound is correct. The documentation for convolverVST is here
Things I've found out so far:
-You need to use wav files instead of irs files for convolving. For my irs files just changing the extension to .wav will work, dunno about others.
-For my system, the default of no partitions does not yield correct sound while 1 partition works.
-Test the result by pressing the play button in audacity...
5. When you've found settings that yield correct sound, close the music file you loaded and instead load one of the two irs you want to combine. (again eg by dragging and dropping it to audacity)
6. Because the convolver shifts audio forward in time, it may shift the combined irs beyond the time window of the original irs, so we need to lengthen the sound clip. Scroll to the end of the sound clip for the irs and use the caret tool to select a time after the end of the clip:

7. Select Generate->Silence... and generate 30 seconds of silence
8. Use the caret tool again to make a selection bridging the end of the sound clip for the irs and the start of the silence clip you generated:

9. Select Edit->Clip Boundaries->Join (or just press Ctrl+J) to make one long clip out of the two clips
10. Select the whole clip by clicking on an empty part of the track label, e.g.

and select Effect->convolver.sf.net: ConvolverVST... and load the other IRS you want to combine with the first. The other settings should be the same as those that you found to work properly with music in your testing in (4). Press OK and you should get the two IRS convolved together!
(At this point theoretically you may repeat this step as many times as you like with different impulses to combine 3, 4, x IRS together. Whether the result will sound any good, well... )
11. Now you need to find the location of the combined impulse and make a short selection (e.g. 16384 samples) containing it. Ctrl+mouse wheel down on the track to zoom out on it to find the impulse peak and Ctrl+mouse up at the peak to zoom in on it

(how the peak looks like zoomed out)
12. Using the caret tool, click on the track a short distance to the left of the impulse, then make a selection of length 16384 samples by specifying this in the toolbox below:

(make sure to click on the "length" radio button then hit the dropdown box button and select "samples" as the unit before entering "16384")

If you selected the starting position correctly, the selection area should cover the impulse with a short space before (to the left) and more space after (to the right). You may need to redo this step again, changing the starting point until the selection covers the impulse thusly. You may need to zoom in and out on the impulse to make the whole selection visible across a suitable area of the screen like in this screenshot.

13. Select File->Export Selection... and choose save as type: other uncompressed files and click the options... button. Choose header to be wav (microsoft) and encoding to be 32 bit float. Then hit ok, type the file name you choose for the combined irs, add an .irs suffix to it, and hit Save. It'll ask you whether you're sure about saving with .irs extension instead of .wav. Click Yes.

14. Copy the combined irs to your android's Kernel folder and enjoy!

Can u explain more detail the convolving step?
How to load the VST correctly. How to know which is correct sound and which is not. When i convolve, the whole music became silence.
Does that mean wrong settings or what?

EDIT: That means VST nor working properly.
I tried audition and it works.

So the whole process is using convolverVST to convolve an IRS file?
9th August 2013, 11:09 AM |#330  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuhang

Can u explain more detail the convolving step?
How to load the VST correctly. How to know which is correct sound and which is not. When i convolve, the whole music became silence.
Does that mean wrong settings or what?

EDIT: That means VST nor working properly.
I tried audition and it works.

So the whole process is using convolverVST to convolve an IRS file?

Yes, convolve an IRS file with another one and another and another if you like
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe0Bloggs For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Joe0Bloggs Ad-Free
9th August 2013, 11:38 AM |#331  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Petaling Jaya

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe0Bloggs

Yes, convolve an IRS file with another one and another and another if you like

I tested the result, satisfied with it.

I recommend audition. Very easy the process.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ddc, headphones, irs, v4a, viper4android

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)