Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 11:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th August 2013, 06:34 PM |#891  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noraef

Are you talking about subzero mode level, jmejiaa?
It's in the settings (gearing icon on the lower right of the widget): Parameters>Brightness>Backlight zero level (well, sorta: translated from my French interface)
The higher you'll set it, the brighter it'll start cutting down on backlight power supply.

Else, for more classic brightness setup (dark filter over the display), you go to Installation>Profile editor, and set your "luminous flux on the sensor/brightness of the screen" function (with two points only, it seems to be some sort of S curve).

Quote:
Originally Posted by p107r0

not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but if you have set brightness levels for two separate lux values, then brightness for lux values between those two is calculated/extrapolated automatically - moreover there are three different methods for this, you can choose one best suiting your needs in the settings

Sounds like the second quote is more of what I want to do.. I basically want the screen dimmer than it would normally would be. By the sounds of it, I can accomplish by lowering the 10000 lumen value to something like 80-90%?

If I leave it in auto, does it switch between day/night profiles? I don't really need multiple profiles but I don't see a way to modify the values for "auto".

I just tried modifying the outer bounds for both lux/lum and it seems to do what I want..

9th August 2013, 06:51 PM |#892  
Thanks Meter: 631

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmejiaa

Sounds like the second quote is more of what I want to do.. I basically want the screen dimmer than it would normally would be. By the sounds of it, I can accomplish by lowering the 10000 lumen value to something like 80-90%?

If I leave it in auto, does it switch between day/night profiles? I don't really need multiple profiles but I don't see a way to modify the values for "auto".

I just tried modifying the outer bounds for both lux/lum and it seems to do what I want..

the simplest approach is to adjust brightness and create link each time you are not satisfied with auto level - this way, after 5-10 links you should have fine-tuned brightness curve
9th August 2013, 06:52 PM |#893  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p107r0

the simplest approach is to adjust brightness and create link each time you are not satisfied with auto level - this way, after 5-10 links you should have fine-tuned brightness curve

Sounds good. Thank you.
9th August 2013, 09:55 PM |#894  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Question Widget icon says "Sub"
Hi,
would it be possible to print -xx% in the same ways as (+)xx% ?
This would be much more usable information.
Thanks
10th August 2013, 07:38 PM |#895  
California
Thanks Meter: 6

More
What should the phone's brightness setting be to ensure that Lux is working at it's best?
12th August 2013, 07:26 AM |#896  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
iroopen either
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rGlitch

Quote:

anyone else have an issue where night mode comes on correctly and gradually, but it never comes back to daytime the next morning? I have to manually turn off/on night mode for daytime colours to come back.

Are you using manual or auto location?

I have had the same issue recently. Night mode dim comes on fine in the evening, but every morning I have to go into settings and turn night mode off+on to get back daytime colors.

I have Automatic Night Mode enabled in the night mode option (the three stars icon), and in Night/Astro Mode in the settings I have Night Mode and Enable automatic Night Mode enabled. I also have Auto sunset location enabled.

Other than that little thing, this version of Lux has been working great .
13th August 2013, 11:22 AM |#897  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanej

I'm having a problem using this app on a HTC One runing AOSP, when I take a picture with lux in night mode they are reddish, if i turn the night mode off on lux my pictures are just fine

This is a limitation of using Android overlays. You'll have to use the sleep button in the notification when taking screenshots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraef

Testing the free "Lite" version of the app, for now, and was wondering something: I haven't found a way to create more profiles than the already 4 existing ones (day, night, car and cinema)... is there any such way?

This isn't possible yet. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi.a

Hi,
Thanks

I'm not sure what you're asking. Can you clarify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibsen

I have had the same issue recently. Night mode dim comes on fine in the evening, but every morning I have to go into settings and turn night mode off+on to get back daytime colors.

I have Automatic Night Mode enabled in the night mode option (the three stars icon), and in Night/Astro Mode in the settings I have Night Mode and Enable automatic Night Mode enabled. I also have Auto sunset location enabled.

Other than that little thing, this version of Lux has been working great .

This will be fixed soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyb3rGlitch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cyb3rGlitch Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 03:51 PM |#898  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommi.a

Hi,
Thanks

I try to clarify:
On the home screen you can place app icons and app widgets. Lux offers one widget which can be placed on the homescreen.
In case of backlight it prints "xx%", in case of subzero it just prints "sub" which isn't too useful.
Instead of "sub" I would like to see the negative %-value similar to the positive % value.
13th August 2013, 04:14 PM |#899  
California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtwin

What should the phone's brightness setting be to ensure that Lux is working at it's best?

Anyone?
13th August 2013, 04:43 PM |#900  
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 3,417

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtwin

Anyone?

We all come from different places. Time zones Be patient with reply s.........I use default setting without problem. Try a few settings and see what you prefer....

s2..rootbox
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiancs1969 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Christiancs1969 Ad-Free
14th August 2013, 12:30 AM |#901  
California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancs1969

We all come from different places. Time zones Be patient with reply s.........I use default setting without problem. Try a few settings and see what you prefer....

s2..rootbox

I've been patient. It's been 3 days(4 depending on your time zone). Then my question was just skipped over. I just threw it up again to make sure it didn't get lost.

Thanks for your help. That's all I needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to NCtwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NCtwin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)