64 gig MicroSd

Search This thread

matt_1224

Nov 1, 2010
I got a 64gb card off ebay for about 28 bucks. Its SDHC class 10, no brand name or anything but it works perfectly!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

Last edited:

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto
I don't have enough authorization to post link:

w ww.ebay.com.au/itm/271242502175?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Seems like a good deal for 64gb microsd.

That is a VERY good price for the card... I'd be suspicious on whether or not it's a counterfeit Sandisk to be honest. Just my opinion.

SkizzyNinja

Nov 1, 2010
Just be certain of which one you're going to get. I got this one off AmazonadvertisingRL=http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007WTAJTO/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1]Sandisk Ultra 64GB Class 10 UHS-1[/URL]" and so far so good in my phone for just over a day LOL

I just inserted into my S4 without any formatting. Haven't checked what type of file system it's using.

Product code on the back of packaging I received is SDSDQUA-064G-U46A

Pic of said packaging;

I got the exact same card off amazon. Its been a month or two no problems. Reads and writes at advertising speeds so cant complain. Mine came as exfat.

OnSugarHill

Apr 25, 2013
Damn I just spent 50 on a SanDisk SD card. Thinking about returning it for the one you guys have. I noticed that my gallery loads slower on this SD card compared to my past 32gb SanDisk card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SkizzyNinja

Nov 1, 2010
Damn I just spent 50 on a SanDisk SD card. Thinking about returning it for the one you guys have. I noticed that my gallery loads slower on this SD card compared to my past 32gb SanDisk card

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I dont think 50 is too bad. Most of the time they are what they are advertises and arnt fake. At least it isnt a vita memory card. Theyre a 100+ for 64gigs lol

bo8

Jul 19, 2013
Toronto

is it Sandisk Ultra Class 10 UHS-1? I paid $60CAD for mine just a few weeks ago.

I got the exact same card off amazon. Its been a month or two no problems. Reads and writes at advertising speeds so cant complain. Mine came as exfat.

I'm beginning to wonder if the more recently built phones have better handling of sd cards.

Maybe because it's Samsung? and it's actually a pre-order.

Sorry force of habit; been typing Sandisk a lot lately :D

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
I have a SanDisk 64GB Class 10 and a Samsung 64GB Class 10. The SanDisk is a spare and the Samsung is in my GS4 now, planning on getting root done on my new GS4 that unfortunately arrived with ME7 on it. Really unhappy about it.

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
After personal experience and reading a lot online I won't buy anything but the Samsung micro SD cards. I have SanDisk cards too, but none of them run the advertised speeds or can sustain the speeds. I found this out the hard way with my GoPro camera. It won't keep recording video if the speeds drop below 10mb/s so it shuts itself off. The only one to work was the Samsung. This may not be as a big of a deal on these phones, but it was enough to convince me. I have 3 64gb SanDisk cards and not of them benchmark the advertised speed.

this is the one I bought from Newegg, it was more expensive but worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 converted SGH-I337

I picked up a 64gb Samsung card from Fry's today. They actually had two different card but the package look the same except different sku #. Both class 10 but one was $54 and one was $74. Even the salesman didn't know the different so I got the lower priced one. I did a little googling and maybe the higher prices one is the "extreme" version? One I got work great.:)

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
My s4 just ate another 64 g sd..a kingston this time.what is it with this phone and sd cards? First one last 5 days this one lasted 31 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

What brand is the sd card? Haven't had any problems with my 64g samsung or 32g sandisk.

Sent from Flip's Galaxy S4

oscarthegrouch

Jun 19, 2011
Be careful. You get what you pay for. I've known people to be scammed by counterfeit cars before. Don't be cheap. Buy a quality card, from a reliable company and manufacturer, at a reasonable price. The person I knew with the fake card, every file I copied to it, the md5 checksum failed on it even though it looked like the right file size. You will end up regretting your purchase later on, even when you thought you got the card at a really cheap price. Don't be foolish!

pham0100

Dec 31, 2007
My s4 just ate another 64 g sd..a kingston this time.what is it with this phone and sd cards? First one last 5 days this one lasted 31 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

When I first got the S4, my Sandisk 64gb card died after 2 days. Wouldn't even work when put into Windows 7. I tried to reformat it, but the built-in format program under Windows was unable to do it. I can't remember what exactly I used, but it was a free third-party software available on cnet somewhere that allowed me to format it. Never gave me a problem after that. Same card has been working for me for over 3 months now.

Reactions: force70

Xcor3

Aug 14, 2010
Rakuten has a promotion if you spend $50 and use paypal you can use coupon code Paypal10 to take $10 off. Currently $49 on there. They also have $10 off if you use V.me payment method when you spend $30 or more
http://m.rakuten.com/product/234478029

Sent from my SGH-M919G using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Anyone know if this card will work on my S4?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376239976144.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376239976144.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 195

TexasAggie97

Mar 31, 2011
Yes. That's the card I have and it's good. I formatted mine fat32 previously and no problems.

Thanks for the heads up. It was $50 at Wal-Mart but I had some money left on a Best Buy gift card and went over there instead and they price matched it. Came away with this baby for $19 out of pocket (after the gift card was used up).

I have purchased "cheap" SD cards in the past for other phones and have regretted it. I went with Best Buy and Sandisk as both seem reputable (even though Best Buy is severely overpriced!)

Any reason you formatted yours using fat32? I just plugged it into my S4 and used the format function on the phone. Is there a difference?

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Any reason you formatted yours using fat32? I just plugged it into my S4 and used the format function on the phone. Is there a difference?

If you're on stock ROM you should have no problems using the 64GB in exFat format. Some peoples that have problems usually running a "custom" ROM or a Non Tmo base kernel causing bootloop. So either format to Fat32 or use a Tmo base kernel. If you have a reason to format in Fat32, keep it exFat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read the reviews

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda premium
    However, Amazon now has Sandisk Class 10 64gb microSD cards for just over $50. also a very good deal, much less than they used to be, just over twice what two 32gb cards would cost.

Always better to get larger sizes if affordable. Even if you don't think you would use that much now, you might in the future.

What is outrageous is the phone manufacturers who do not include a slot for a memory card, and then charge totally outrageous prices for increased flash memory, $100 more for bumping up the flash memory by 16GB, etc. (Whereas a 16GB card could probably be had today for $10 or so.) Of course Apple started that, but it seems that other manufacturers are now copying that as a way to rip people off.
    You always get what you pay for..:thumbupD

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    i got an authentic samsung 64GB off ebay for $23 including shipping. it has worked flawless. unfortunately the seller doesn't have anymore
    Do 64gb microSD cards even work on the S4? I've heard that some of them don't show up or work...

Yes. No issue with the one I got.