4500 Seidio vs 3000 Zerolemon

Search This thread

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
I have been reading all the threads on the extended batteries and wanted to hear from people that have both the seidio 4500 and the 3000 zero lemon. I have the 7500 Zerolemon for my phone right now. Although the battery is nice, I don't get crazy numbers like some people on here. (12 hours screen on time!!) I've had the battery for a week and my most has been about 7 hours. Which is still crazy good, but I miss the feeling of the slim phone. This thing made my basketball shorts sag like crazy today and realized this thing might be too big.

Saw the Seidio one and someone posted a picture of it by a quarter. So I measured mine by a quarter and the seidio seems alot thinner. So now I'm deciding between the Seidio and the 3000 ZL. I just need something thats going to last me a day since I will be charging it every night. Also I am a heavy user.

I was wondering if the back of the Seidio is noticeably fatter and heavier or not really? If not i'm leaning towards the Seidio.

Also which one would you guys prefer between these two?

Phatdawg

Jan 14, 2011
I have been reading all the threads on the extended batteries and wanted to hear from people that have both the seidio 4500 and the 3000 zero lemon. I have the 7500 Zerolemon for my phone right now. Although the battery is nice, I don't get crazy numbers like some people on here. (12 hours screen on time!!) I've had the battery for a week and my most has been about 7 hours. Which is still crazy good, but I miss the feeling of the slim phone. This thing made my basketball shorts sag like crazy today and realized this thing might be too big.

Saw the Seidio one and someone posted a picture of it by a quarter. So I measured mine by a quarter and the seidio seems alot thinner. So now I'm deciding between the Seidio and the 3000 ZL. I just need something thats going to last me a day since I will be charging it every night. Also I am a heavy user.

I was wondering if the back of the Seidio is noticeably fatter and heavier or not really? If not i'm leaning towards the Seidio.

Also which one would you guys prefer between these two?

I imagine that you will be needing a case that is relatively useful if you are playing basketball with it in your shorts, so when you do size comparisons, I suggest you compare the seidio with the extended case on it. I don't think you gain much in regards to width at that point, but it will be lighter and not weigh your shorts down as much.

I'm very skeptical about the zerolemon 3000 mah battery, only because a lot of the 3rd party manufacturers are really 80-90% of their said rating, but to each their own. If you had 13 percent more battery than stock, would it be enough for your daily use, if not, then I'd go with the seidio or stick with the zl 7500.

Obscure Reference

Jun 2, 2013
I have both the ZL 7500 and the Seidio 4500 and I much prefer the latter. The ZL is just too heavy and too.. blocky for me. What saves the Seidio is the much lighter weight and the fact that it's beveled enough so that the angels lie much better in your hands. It manages not to feel very thick at all.

It's going to be my daily battery while I'll keep the ZL for times when I'll be away from charging for quite some time (then I'll probably bring both though).

And I actually think I might prefer the Seidio over the stock battery when it comes to handling the phone as well. It just lies very well in your hand. A tad slippery though so I picked up a case for it on ebay that I hope will fit, if it doesn't I'll probably buy their own case with the kick stand.

BossJ

Jul 23, 2007
I have both the ZL 7500 and the Seidio 4500 and I much prefer the latter. The ZL is just too heavy and too.. blocky for me. What saves the Seidio is the much lighter weight and the fact that it's beveled enough so that the angels lie much better in your hands. It manages not to feel very thick at all.

It's going to be my daily battery while I'll keep the ZL for times when I'll be away from charging for quite some time (then I'll probably bring both though).

And I actually think I might prefer the Seidio over the stock battery when it comes to handling the phone as well. It just lies very well in your hand. A tad slippery though so I picked up a case for it on ebay that I hope will fit, if it doesn't I'll probably buy their own case with the kick stand.

Whats your battery life between the two? How's the 4500 match up to the 7500??

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
You can get (2) ZeroLemon 3000 mAh with a charger for $19 and not need a new battery door or have issues with cases. To me that is far more effective and possibly a way I would go. Just not too familiar with how well ZeroLemon batteries hold up, read a lot of good reviews but no personal experience yet.

am2354

Aug 8, 2013
I totally agree that getting 2 ZeroLemon 3000 mAh with a charger for $19 is certainly a great deal, but my concern is this, that every time that a battery goes dead you are popping off the back door of your device and taking a chance of something happening. I rather pay $50.00 for a battery that has double that amount and not have to pop the back off. So, that brings me to an another problem, if you were to get a battery doubled that amount, chances are that you are going to need a new door , thus making your phone fatter and unable to fit the OtterBox case. I maybe wrong, I am just speculating from my experience from my other phone I had.

AM

Last edited:

Obscure Reference

Jun 2, 2013
Whats your battery life between the two? How's the 4500 match up to the 7500??

Well.. the numbers speak for themselves don't they? :)

The ZL lasts a lot longer than the Seidio. It ought to last longer than the Seidio and the stock battery combined so it's a great battery. Just too bulky and heavy for me.

I still have it and it saved the day during a festival I went to. Burned through both the stock battery and the seidio and had to go to the ZL on the last day. Probably could've lasted through the whole event on the ZL but I didn't want something that heavy in my pocket all the time. Just kept all thre batteries in my backpack instead.

So.. it depends on your needs really. :)

BossJ

Jul 23, 2007
Well.. the numbers speak for themselves don't they? :)

The ZL lasts a lot longer than the Seidio. It ought to last longer than the Seidio and the stock battery combined so it's a great battery. Just too bulky and heavy for me.

I still have it and it saved the day during a festival I went to. Burned through both the stock battery and the seidio and had to go to the ZL on the last day. Probably could've lasted through the whole event on the ZL but I didn't want something that heavy in my pocket all the time. Just kept all thre batteries in my backpack instead.

So.. it depends on your needs really. :)

Yeah, I have both now also... got them yesterday, was just curious about life, because some batteries are a little better quality than others. but yes, ZL obviously is better as far as lasting longer.. I prefer the Seidio tho...

choboii

Apr 14, 2013
Yeah, I have both now also... got them yesterday, was just curious about life, because some batteries are a little better quality than others. but yes, ZL obviously is better as far as lasting longer.. I prefer the Seidio tho...

So is the Seidio significantly lighter and thinner?

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I went with Anker dual 2600 since it had prime shipping and would prefer to keep same size phone; if I had time I prob would have ordered the Zero Lemon (prob will in future). Will report how the 2 2600 and charger hold up on my trip :)