[UPDATE]_27/09/2009_MegaLite WM 6.5 ROM for Iolite WWE

Search This thread

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
You must have HardSPL to can flash coocked roms, but I don't know if your device can flashed with pached HardSPL for Iolite.
Beter to ask on Iolite Hard-SPL - Released thread.

First post updated with new rom!

---------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

adowling15

Sep 1, 2009
You must have HardSPL to can flash coocked roms, but I don't know if your device can flashed with pached HardSPL for Iolite.
Beter to ask on Iolite Hard-SPL - Released thread.

Thanks for your help. I tried the Hard-SPL as listed in the thread which told me its not designed for this phone & bricking was likely. I have used a Hard-SPL in the past & re-used that which is fine to unlock the device & has worked fine. unfortunately I still cannot flash this release though :( would love to try 6.5 as 6.1 seems so buggy still

billabongstaff

Jan 6, 2008
Sintra
Restore hidden settings and question

serfer222, your answer lies here, on the third post.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544445

dancer_69, is there anyway we can change the default position of the taskbar and remove such big icons? I kind of like your previous build better, it was easier on the eyes and we had a lot more screen space available. Is there any registry edit or something we can change?
These new WM 6.5 icons are better for finger scrolling, but take a lot more space on an already 2.8" screen like the Iolite.

Thanks is advance.
Best regards,

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I don't really know. These changes are new but maybe you can, as in previous wm versions with some progs and image recourses editing. You can search in your link's thread. Was discussed somewhere, I don't remember in which page(arround 250)

billabongstaff

Jan 6, 2008
Sintra
Anyone want this?

:eek:
Just had a crazy idea for a time saver.

The idea:
I can make an SPB Backup of everything I have, except what's on Storage card for a generic User named Iolite, for example and upload it here. Thus you can restore everything to your Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM without the harassment of endless tweakings and registering apps and rearranging the Start Menu. I just did one and it's only 63Mb, which seems pretty viable.

I used dancer_69's 1st Version with XIP_SYS 23016 ROM posted at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=554430 'cause it still has old style Top and Bottom bars.

I installed HTC End Key, HTC Connection Setup, SmartLock 1.7E and QuickGPS (latest versions), 'cause those were either not present or not working correctly on dancer_69's ROM. Everything else is flawless. Thank you, dancer_69! :D

I installed everything I posted in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=520814&page=3 having updated to the latest versions, of course. Exception made for some applications which I came to find unnecessary as time passed. :cool:

Check out my video in attachment "Iolite.zip" and let me know what you think or if you want it.

Attachments

• Iolite.jpg
    Iolite.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Iolite.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow

something wrong with this ROM.

I cannot use Pocket Rar - http://www.rarlab.com/rar/pocketrar390.exe
there is no [OK] button in its first settings dialog.

Try to install Total Commander - its toolbar looks very strange. It has only two huge buttons with small icons and a lot of empty space.
http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab
On WM61 it looks like this - http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpicture.htm

All list standard list controls draw only small part of icons.
You can see it, for example, in FDCsoft Task Manager
http://www.dotfred.net/TM/FdcSoft TaskMgr wm2005_3.1.cab
The same issue with SKTools and other apps.

So, it looks like, may be, some parts of your ROM are using VGA settings?..

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
I don't use any of the programs you mentioned, ecxept FDCsoft Task manager, which haven't any problem or strange display.
I installed total commander to test it and I suppose you mean the icons and the bottom bar. This is because in this version of windows the task bar is bigger and takes more space to fit the bigger finger friendly buttons. The rom doesn't have any vga recources.

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
... FDCsoft Task manager, which haven't any problem or strange display...
Can you please confirm that icons in the list are displayed like on this screenshot
appmgr.png

I see only some small parts of icons with your build.
I mean, for example, icon next to "File Explorer", "Contacts"

Can you post your screenshot of FDCsoft Task manager? It will help me to explain whats wrong =)

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, the icons are cutted, I thought that the bottom bars didn't displayed correct and I didn't pay attention on icons. I don't know if this is my rom's problem, or a general one. In builts 23037 and after, changed the icons buttons etc, and usually these bulids are for vga devices, so the recourses are resized. I used recourses from 23037 built couse there aren't any for 23041 until now, ecxept some parts that have differences from 23037 built and I include them in the rom. But I think that all these problems caused from the generaly bigger sizes for icons and buttons in these builts. And all these programs are for previous versions for windows, so maybe needed updated versions to displayed correctly. Anyway wm6.5 will be out official on October, so we will see if this is the final look of wm6.5 and these kind of problems for outdated(in relation with wm6.5 version) will fixed or not.

serfer222

Sep 15, 2008
Moscow
I installed total commander to test it and I suppose you mean the icons and the bottom bar. This is because in this version of windows the task bar is bigger and takes more space to fit the bigger finger friendly buttons.
I mean six icons next to text menu items "File" and "Show".
I don't see most of them with your ROM.

Dricos

Mar 5, 2009
Jakarta
Step by step installing WM 6.5 ROM

Would u share here,the wizard including hard spl before installing this WM 6.5 rom ?
coz, I 've trying this and unsuccessfull.
I might not following the thread about flashing or something about that before get install/upgrade to WM 6.5..
Plz, give me some tutorial /step wizard for it...

Regard ,and
thanks before..

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
First you need to install HardSPL, and for this you must read the Iolite's HardSPL release thread, and if you have problems, ask there.
After that you just run the RUU utiltity(in first version included in rar, or you can find her in the sticky thread at this forum. Just must the nbh rom file and the RUU utility to be in the same folder. And just follow the the on screen instructions. If you have a specific problem ask here and I can I will help.
For HardSPL better to ask on respective thread

Sean09

May 6, 2008
When I go to install with CustomRUU.exe it tells me it is going to install Image Version 2.0.00.00 - I assume this is incorrect and not loading the proper image - what am I doing wrong? I have it in its own folder with the .nbh

Sean09

May 6, 2008
When I go to install with CustomRUU.exe it tells me it is going to install Image Version 2.0.00.00 - I assume this is incorrect and not loading the proper image - what am I doing wrong? I have it in its own folder with the .nbh

I was a little concerned that the version looked so generic, but I have flashed it and the world didn't end, all seems well so far - thanks!

dancer_69

Jan 2, 2007
Yes, this is a configurable string in kitchen and I just leave the default value.

23409 build is out, I will try it this weekend. If have some improvements I will post and update.
As for post 34 about the new files for 23041 SYS, they seem to be corrupt, so no update for this build.

Sean09

May 6, 2008
Just wanted to advise on my impressions after a day of use.
- lag between tabs at the bottom when switching
- if you disable the touchflo it will load to nothingness when you reboot
- connection manager is broken
- if you are adjusting vibrate/volume with left side button and a call comes in, the phone will lag up and fail to receive the call
- when calls are received there is a 2-3 second delay between you hitting answer (or pressing the button) and the call starting - registry tweaking the values doesnt help.
- general lag in doing anything
- time at the top bar overlaps the quickmenu thing (I havent tweaked it to get rid of the clock up there yet)
- memory usage is up from 31% with the stock rom to 47% on this version

Other than those errors and the general slowness, everything else seems to work just fine. Not sure if I will be sticking with this. I might go back to 6.1 until there is a final/stable 6.5.