FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Best file manager for android?

Astro file manager

46 Vote(s)
10.65%
Solid explorer

55 Vote(s)
12.73%
ES file explorer

146 Vote(s)
33.80%
Root explorer

88 Vote(s)
20.37%
OI file manager

10 Vote(s)
2.31%
X-plore

14 Vote(s)
3.24%
MiUi file manager

11 Vote(s)
2.55%
CM file manager

15 Vote(s)
3.47%
Inka file manager

4 Vote(s)
0.93%
datFM

2 Vote(s)
0.46%
Total Commander

19 Vote(s)
4.40%
FX file manager

14 Vote(s)
3.24%
Tetra filer

3 Vote(s)
0.69%
Linda file manager

5 Vote(s)
1.16%

[Poll][Q]Best file manager for android?

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By acerkumar, Senior Member on 2nd October 2012, 06:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2013, 04:39 PM |#131  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Among others I tried Solid Explorer, X-plore, FX File Explorer, and ES3. These are all the big guys, full set of functions for power users. Which to chose is mostly a matter of personal preference, reflected by all of them getting a 4.7 rating at Google Play. My personal favourite yet is FX File Explorer, bcs I like the interface, and also that it only requires few permissions. Albeit I personally do not need changeable skins, themes and surround sound in a File Manager.

For everyone who likes a simple, clean and fast File browser OI type, take a look at File Explorer by Amey Sakhadeo (there are several named File Explorer in the market, check for the developer name). It is of humble size, and uses minimum system resources. It only requires 3 permissions, needed for its function. It's like a more modern OI File Manger. I would like to see an exit button which removes it immediately from system memory.

Something similar but with root support is the Inka File Manger. Nice are the two side bars to access settings. It has an Exit button but it's not removed from system memory through it.
7th August 2013, 10:03 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I used to be a staunch ES file manager user. I liked that I could do most things fairly easily and have used it for a couple of years after ditching astro when it wouldn't stream video from my live hub in the living room. ES did that and much more besides.

But then I wanted to overwrite some ogg sounds in my system drawer to get a certain sound when selecting things. ES wouldn't let me overwrite to the system folder despite being rooted.

I looked around and discovered Solid.

Wow! things came a long way and solid is really nice. Intuitive and no fussing finding things on the network and it overwrites system files with no argument. It's also very pretty and all scaleable with quick thumbs of media over a network. Streaming video over the network works a treat too.

Solid all the way for me
11th August 2013, 08:54 AM |#133  
Flag Virgo Supercluster
Thanks Meter: 50

More
root explorer is best.. light but powerful...
12th August 2013, 10:55 AM |#134  
Flag Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCoding

Use Terminal Emulator
Rename/Move: mv [FILE] [FILE2/PATH]

Copy: cp [FILE] [PATH]

Delete: rm [FILE]

Rootaccess: su

Show file-content: cat [FILE]

BRICK PHONE : erase_image recovery

It‘s very easy to use !

The Following User Says Thank You to Napst3r88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Napst3r88 Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 12:14 PM |#135  
Flag Banglore
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Solid explorer and FX file manager
Solid explorer and FX file manager are best managers.....simple, clean with lots of functions....
6th October 2013, 09:28 AM |#136  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 1

More
root explorer, fx,and solid was good ...
7th October 2013, 01:19 AM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Root Explorer, is the best for me. I don't remember if ES file explorer has root.
7th October 2013, 05:02 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
ES has root, but root explorer is simple & light weight.

Sent from my LG-P500
10th October 2013, 12:31 AM |#139  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ES explorer
I love ES explorer. I use it for any task related to files, and it's perfect to access files from samba networks. I have a NAS server at home and i connect my tablet to my tv for showing programs and films and i read it from the NAS server throught ES explorer. It's easy to use.
23rd September 2015, 06:12 AM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niredec

I love ES explorer. I use it for any task related to files, and it's perfect to access files from samba networks. I have a NAS server at home and i connect my tablet to my tv for showing programs and films and i read it from the NAS server throught ES explorer. It's easy to use.

Hello, ES was my favourate too, until latest update. I immediately removed it and searched for other better one. Why? Because it is not contaminated(bribed) by facebook. They start facebook services everytime I run it, even when I have killed the facebook from the task app info. Facebook is doing this recently to many popular app companies. Its a serious privacy concern.
Good luck.
6th June 2018, 07:29 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I use mixplorer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)