FORUMS

Internet Sharing via connection bridging" NDIS-Ethernet / ethernet to bridged WIFI.

215 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

Post Reply Email Thread
My entire house has internet wifi connection from a bridged router connected via ethernet to a XP computer that has a windows network connection bridge between my Vogue's NDIS USB and computer's network card.

Always had dropped connections every couple of minutes with vista and windows 7 tethering directly. Found NDIS drivers for XP, made an internet bridge and connection now lasts at least a few days to a week!

This comes in handy since my rural location can only connect to internet via dialup or satellite.

Not the fastest, but 1.5mbs is far better than dialup, and we have 2 laptops, iphone, ereader, and android phone all connected to it with wifi.
12th August 2013, 07:08 PM |#2  
Flag Chatham
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Can you go into a bit more detail and share your setup? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarpoe

My entire house has internet wifi connection from a bridged router connected via ethernet to a XP computer that has a windows network connection bridge between my Vogue's NDIS USB and computer's network card.

Always had dropped connections every couple of minutes with vista and windows 7 tethering directly. Found NDIS drivers for XP, made an internet bridge and connection now lasts at least a few days to a week!

This comes in handy since my rural location can only connect to internet via dialup or satellite.

Not the fastest, but 1.5mbs is far better than dialup, and we have 2 laptops, iphone, ereader, and android phone all connected to it with wifi.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
connection, htc, sharing, tether, vogue

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)