Post Reply Email Thread
12th August 2013, 08:19 PM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 1,695

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilordvader

oh that sucks
Thanks tho +1

You should root and editing csc files is very simple.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyecon82 Ad-Free
13th August 2013, 01:12 PM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
connection via usb
Hello,
I just got a samsung galaxy s4, tmobile version. I have never owned a smartphone before. One of the threads says that you can just plug your phone into the desktop computer with the usb cord, and the computer will recognize it as an external device, then you can just drag and drop into the phone's memory.
My computer does recognize it, but I can't seem to do anything with it. Can't drag and drop, nothing. I use Linux Mint.
Any help would be appreciated,
thanks
14th August 2013, 07:52 PM |#263  
OP Senior Member
Montreal-Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1,270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealbert

Hello,
I just got a samsung galaxy s4, tmobile version. I have never owned a smartphone before. One of the threads says that you can just plug your phone into the desktop computer with the usb cord, and the computer will recognize it as an external device, then you can just drag and drop into the phone's memory.
My computer does recognize it, but I can't seem to do anything with it. Can't drag and drop, nothing. I use Linux Mint.
thanks

I don't know about Linux, I always assume it would be easier with Linux since android is based on Linux.
15th August 2013, 05:10 AM |#264  
Flag Vaasa

More
Thanks for the good tips everyone!
15th August 2013, 09:32 AM |#265  
Flag Århus
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Quote:

Hello,
thanks

As i understand there is no more drag and drop in Android after 4.1 or something like that. I think you have to use MTP connection.

Here is a maybe usefull link

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1185
The Following User Says Thank You to Rogoshin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rogoshin Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 11:49 AM |#266  
Flag NC
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

Hello,
thanks

I find that via my wireless LAN, copy and paste works well to move files between my Win7 shared folders and my basically stock unrooted GS4 . No cable needed. I use ES File Explorer on my GS4 for this purpose.
15th August 2013, 01:13 PM |#267  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Try using an app called Air Droid from the app store, it's free and allows drag and drop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
15th August 2013, 03:22 PM |#268  
Flag Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Works fine in Ubuntu, so it isn't a Linux issue.

Quote:

Hello,
thanks

16th August 2013, 06:43 AM |#269  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnammit

Try using an app called Air Droid from the app store, it's free and allows drag and drop.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Yes, but what I want to do is transfer files/videos etc. that are already on my desktop hard drive, onto my phone's sd card. Air droid is wireless, isn't it?
16th August 2013, 12:43 PM |#270  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up Tips
Hey peeps, tx for all tips, really made my device faster and battery last longer
16th August 2013, 01:31 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Do somebody already have a fix for the Talk Back when giving accesability to 3rd party applications???

Also is their a possibility to use both types of unlock screen (pasword and face recognition)????

Thanks in advance...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)