By inphamous36, Senior Member on 12th July 2013, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th August 2013, 04:56 AM |#51  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by highaltitude

After personal experience and reading a lot online I won't buy anything but the Samsung micro SD cards. I have SanDisk cards too, but none of them run the advertised speeds or can sustain the speeds. I found this out the hard way with my GoPro camera. It won't keep recording video if the speeds drop below 10mb/s so it shuts itself off. The only one to work was the Samsung. This may not be as a big of a deal on these phones, but it was enough to convince me. I have 3 64gb SanDisk cards and not of them benchmark the advertised speed.

this is the one I bought from Newegg, it was more expensive but worth it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 converted SGH-I337

I picked up a 64gb Samsung card from Fry's today. They actually had two different card but the package look the same except different sku #. Both class 10 but one was $54 and one was $74. Even the salesman didn't know the different so I got the lower priced one. I did a little googling and maybe the higher prices one is the "extreme" version? One I got work great.

11th August 2013, 05:10 AM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 676

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

My s4 just ate another 64 g sd..a kingston this time.what is it with this phone and sd cards? First one last 5 days this one lasted 31 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

What brand is the sd card? Haven't had any problems with my 64g samsung or 32g sandisk.

Sent from Flip's Galaxy S4
11th August 2013, 05:14 AM |#53  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 7,987

More
One was a san disk one was a kingston

sent from my S3, S4 or Note2
11th August 2013, 06:01 AM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Be careful. You get what you pay for. I've known people to be scammed by counterfeit cars before. Don't be cheap. Buy a quality card, from a reliable company and manufacturer, at a reasonable price. The person I knew with the fake card, every file I copied to it, the md5 checksum failed on it even though it looked like the right file size. You will end up regretting your purchase later on, even when you thought you got the card at a really cheap price. Don't be foolish!
11th August 2013, 07:45 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

My s4 just ate another 64 g sd..a kingston this time.what is it with this phone and sd cards? First one last 5 days this one lasted 31 days.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using xda premium

When I first got the S4, my Sandisk 64gb card died after 2 days. Wouldn't even work when put into Windows 7. I tried to reformat it, but the built-in format program under Windows was unable to do it. I can't remember what exactly I used, but it was a free third-party software available on cnet somewhere that allowed me to format it. Never gave me a problem after that. Same card has been working for me for over 3 months now.
The Following User Says Thank You to pham0100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pham0100 Ad-Free
11th August 2013, 12:25 PM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Rakuten has a promotion if you spend $50 and use paypal you can use coupon code Paypal10 to take $10 off. Currently $49 on there. They also have $10 off if you use V.me payment method when you spend $30 or more
http://m.rakuten.com/product/234478029

Sent from my SGH-M919G using Tapatalk 2
11th August 2013, 05:53 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Anyone know if this card will work on my S4?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1376239976144.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	2181666  
11th August 2013, 08:09 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 334

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97

Anyone know if this card will work on my S4?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Yes. That's the card I have and it's good. I formatted mine fat32 previously and no problems.
12th August 2013, 07:54 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthegrouch

Yes. That's the card I have and it's good. I formatted mine fat32 previously and no problems.

Thanks for the heads up. It was $50 at Wal-Mart but I had some money left on a Best Buy gift card and went over there instead and they price matched it. Came away with this baby for $19 out of pocket (after the gift card was used up).

I have purchased "cheap" SD cards in the past for other phones and have regretted it. I went with Best Buy and Sandisk as both seem reputable (even though Best Buy is severely overpriced!)

Any reason you formatted yours using fat32? I just plugged it into my S4 and used the format function on the phone. Is there a difference?
12th August 2013, 09:07 PM |#60  
Flag Sugar Land TX
Thanks Meter: 1,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAggie97

Any reason you formatted yours using fat32? I just plugged it into my S4 and used the format function on the phone. Is there a difference?

If you're on stock ROM you should have no problems using the 64GB in exFat format. Some peoples that have problems usually running a "custom" ROM or a Non Tmo base kernel causing bootloop. So either format to Fat32 or use a Tmo base kernel. If you have a reason to format in Fat32, keep it exFat
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)