16 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By jweb92, Junior Member on 9th July 2013, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th July 2013, 06:39 PM |#31  
Flag Clarksville
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I am trying to go for the Kreyos! I think it is going to do everything I want it to assuming it plays well with applications for fitness and health. The biggest feature I am looking for is the built in Heart Rate Monitor. Hopefully it will do the day time/night time activity tracking like some other accessories have like the Up Band then I am definitely going for the Kreyos.

22nd July 2013, 01:32 AM |#32  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 202

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avetny

ok buddy, sorry I tried my best

As I mentioned earlier, Samsung bug. Doesn't matter if you have talkback, turning on accessibility triggers the voice inside firmware to go active. More here:

http://developer.samsung.com/forum/t...ices/77/204387
22nd July 2013, 05:08 AM |#33  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 486

More
The talkback bug is fixed in newer firmwares. Running Goldeneye Rom for SGH-I337 based on a international version XXUBMGA build and no talkback issues when pebble service is enabled for me.
22nd July 2013, 03:16 PM |#34  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublim3_Tilt

I am trying to go for the Kreyos! I think it is going to do everything I want it to assuming it plays well with applications for fitness and health. The biggest feature I am looking for is the built in Heart Rate Monitor. Hopefully it will do the day time/night time activity tracking like some other accessories have like the Up Band then I am definitely going for the Kreyos.

Yeah so against my better judgement I went ahead and got/invested in the KREYOS as well. Now we wait....
22nd July 2013, 07:00 PM |#35  
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqeteer

Yeah so against my better judgement I went ahead and got/invested in the KREYOS as well. Now we wait....

I love my Pebble watch. I ordered mine back when they were on KickStarter originally. The only issue I have with my S4 and it, is that it tries to auto connect to the watch as soon as I turn my BT on even if I do not have the watch on.

It is funny though because when I had my Nexus and this watch, I used to wish that it would connect automatically instead of me having to go through settings and app every time, lol
11th August 2013, 09:11 PM |#36  
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Anyone having issues on nexus 4 running 4.3? I'm thinking about getting one.
11th August 2013, 10:13 PM |#37  
Las Vegas/Seattle
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Since I'm not a big watch buff, I'm also thinking about getting the Kreyos Meteor. That hrm pretty much sold me! I wish the fitbit flex had one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337
12th August 2013, 06:28 PM |#38  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avetny

I have pebble watch. Everything is perfect. Just delete talkback.apk other wise that **** will talk all the time

Wait, are you saying that if you delete / freeze / uninstall TalkBack, you CAN still ENABLE Talkback under Settings --> TalkBack to MAKE Pebble notification works?

Also, AFAIK, enabling Talkback in settings (not the .apk) WILL disable S4 features such as MultiView. Correct?
12th August 2013, 07:03 PM |#39  
Alexandria, VA
Thanks Meter: 186

More
I would NOT buy a smartwatch from Pebble or Kreyos right now. Major players are about to release their watches this fall. I'd rather wait for Sony, who released a nice line of phones, and is about to release their SECOND generation smart watch. Motorola is about to launch one, and Samsung is dropping a watch for the holidays too.

Pebble watches are nice and all but the established gadget makers are about to REALLY dive into the market. Pebble watches don't stand a chance.
12th August 2013, 10:14 PM |#40  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes

I would NOT buy a smartwatch from Pebble or Kreyos right now. Major players are about to release their watches this fall. I'd rather wait for Sony, who released a nice line of phones, and is about to release their SECOND generation smart watch. Motorola is about to launch one, and Samsung is dropping a watch for the holidays too.

Pebble watches are nice and all but the established gadget makers are about to REALLY dive into the market. Pebble watches don't stand a chance.

You are probably correct, but it is also a matter of functionality as well (IE what you plan on doing with the watch). I see Kreyos as an "activity" watch that I probably use for while doing my sports. The other watches I've seen are more "fashion" oriented. Who knows I might feed my watch obsession and get on of those as well.

I have the first gen Sony and it is a piece of junk. Luckily I got it for like $50. Hope they learned something.

BTW Motorola already has a "smartwatch" the MOTOACTIV which is mostly for running/biking... But it seemed a bit limited it what it could do, so never picked one up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)