FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Keyboard Request

176 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By Artanis02, Senior Member on 1st June 2013, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone.
I have a problem with onscreen keyboard (although i mostly use physical on my Iyokan).
I remember having a nice layout on Stock 4.0.4 with a nice setup which allowed me to add smiley button, period and comma, whenever i wanted, but after flashing Ultimate HD 3.0.2 ROM it didnt work and my physcial had no word suggestion and sym key, then i flashed a file that brought back word suggestion and sym key(on hardware), but not the cool layout with cumstomization (on the onscreen). "ICS404XperiaKeyboardSign"
I also remember that the stock 4.0.4 had a different look to it, more 3D and more black letters or something.
Now my question is: "Is there any flashable zip that would bring back stock ics 4.0.4 customizable onscreen keyboard with separate button for smileys (i hate holding the ",.?" button to get to smileys), as well as word suggestion for physical, and the look of the keyboard to more 3D style?)
I'd be happy to give "Thanks" to the ones that can help me
Greets from Poland

Bad Keyboard:

Good keyboard:

Although it doesn't have comma and period, it should be possible to add in the options.

2nd June 2013, 12:15 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry for double posting but the pictures would make my edit hard to notice.
I found Xperia S keyboard and it works as i wanted, but now my hardware keyboard doesn't work (no suggestions or sym key). (Also after flashing the fix for physical, i get error in portrait mode :/ - i wiped after every flash)
Any ideas ?
2nd June 2013, 02:43 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2,095

More
The second one is indeed Xperia S keyboard, ICS version.

The keyboard modification most likely removed the physical keyboard possibiltity, which was built in the previous keyboard apk. To recover this, install back the old one or restore any other way (Nandroid, if you did).
2nd June 2013, 04:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguyfromhell

The second one is indeed Xperia S keyboard, ICS version.

The keyboard modification most likely removed the physical keyboard possibiltity, which was built in the previous keyboard apk. To recover this, install back the old one or restore any other way (Nandroid, if you did).

I backed up 30 minutes before flashing keyboard so im good.
But is there a Stock 4.0.4 keyboard file for both onscreen and physical ?
I really liked it
3rd June 2013, 10:39 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Anyone ?
3rd June 2013, 04:42 PM |#6  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 735

More
You can ask jader about it, since he's the ROM dev.

僕のLT18iから送られてきた
12th August 2013, 06:42 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
I'd like to bump this topic.
Since noone has any idea about it
What i noticed is that the keyboard im looking for is the one from STOCK ICS of Xperia Pro MK16i. (every other stock ics keyboard looks the same (for sony), but doesnt have physical support)
My request is to create a flashable file which contains stock mk16i ics keyboard with the setup wizard etc. (And support for physical)
Can anyone help me with that ? or teach me how to exctract that flashable file from tft stock rom file ?
13th August 2013, 11:18 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
So i've tried to make a zip myself.
I ended up having the correct apk by doing this:
I made a zip the same as Xperia S flashable zip, but i replaced the files with the ones from Stock ICS Mk16i ROM.
Everything flashed properly, settings are working fine, and setup wizard is present, but when the onscreen keyboard is about to appear, it FCes ;/
Can anyone help me and explain to me why does it not work ? (i know it's a mad way to develop a zip)
Greets
15th August 2013, 02:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 122

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis02

So i've tried to make a zip myself.
I ended up having the correct apk by doing this:
I made a zip the same as Xperia S flashable zip, but i replaced the files with the ones from Stock ICS Mk16i ROM.
Everything flashed properly, settings are working fine, and setup wizard is present, but when the onscreen keyboard is about to appear, it FCes ;/
Can anyone help me and explain to me why does it not work ? (i know it's a mad way to develop a zip)
Greets

may be you could fixing permissions in CWM. Wiping cache and dalvik cache won't hurt while you're at it
if above doesn't help, try using Titanium backup and wipe cache/data of textinput.apk (couldn't recall exact apk file )
15th August 2013, 10:03 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Sorry, still nothing :/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
keyboard, mk16i, physical, pro, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)