IMAG to Date - Camera Utility

Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
image_thumb%5B15%5D.png

IMAG to Date renames image files, JPG, GIF, and BMP to Date Formatted filenames, MMddyyyyHHmm_RID (R.I.D. Random ID). The dates are based on the Date when the file is created.

You’ll probably hate the way Camera application saves the image file, which was “IMAG####.jpg”. This kind of naming will cause a problem when backing up the image files in your PC/MAC specially when the file already exists in your backup drive but different picture, the only thing you could do is to rename the file in your mobile device. For example, you have “IMAG0050.jpg” in your mobile phone and you want to move that in your PC/MAC but a file “IMAG0050.jpg” already exists but has different picture? Probably the first thing you’ll do is to rename “IMAG0050.jpg” in your mobile device into something different.

Now to make things easier, IMAG to Date is created to help from that problem.

New Version Released for NETCF 3.5
IMAG to Date 2.5

Sep. 13, 2005
ADDED
- Can customize supported extension
- File list sorted
- Enable/Disable Notifications
UPDATE
- Checked items, shown first in file list.
FIXED
- error occuring on a file with no extension

visit my blog post for more information and more screen shots!
http://bit.ly/IMAGtoDate

alternative link
http://bit.ly/IMAGtoDate2

if you found anything. please let me know ..

If you found my work useful, please consider donating

and the complete Gratitude Lists

update: June 26, 2010
moved the installer here.

Attachments

• IMAGtoDate.CAB
    109.2 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:

alexirsi

Mar 3, 2009
Really useful!

But is it possible to customize the renaming pattern? For example yyyy-MM-dd_HH-mm-ss

solrac_

Sep 6, 2007
very usefull, thanks a lot.
another user interested in a yymmdd pattern (my way to classify files), even more if the pattern can be customized :)

anyway thanks for this very first solution

TheRem

Feb 20, 2007
Las Piñas
darem.co.nr
i mean when starting the program, it automatically opens My Documents folder but i like it to open the DCIM folder as the startup folder.

Last edited:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
@TheRem
Actually, I based the location in registry "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Pictures\StorageCardPath" thought it was the default Camera path but it turns out that the value set in StorageCardPath is the last location of the Pictures and Videos application path.

I have to look deeper in registry. I'll ask Resco Registry tool

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
@Tourist

Microsoft Windows 101
.EXE (EXEcutable Application) is basically a program that you can launch in Microsoft Windows platform.

You can actually find hundreds of .EXE files in your Windows Desktop/Mobile (thousands in Desktop) so don't be shocked if you found them and DO NOT delete!

queer~dude

Apr 17, 2007
Hong Kong
good idea

image_thumb%5B5%5D.png

IMAG to Date renames image files, JPG, GIF, and BMP to Date Formatted filenames, MMddyyyyHHmm_RID (R.I.D. Random ID). The dates are based on the Date when the file is created.

You’ll probably hate the way Camera application saves the image file, which was “IMAG####.jpg”. This kind of naming will cause a problem when backing up the image files in your PC/MAC specially when the file already exists in your backup drive but different picture, the only thing you could do is to rename the file in your mobile device. For example, you have “IMAG0050.jpg” in your mobile phone and you want to move that in your PC/MAC but a file “IMAG0050.jpg” already exists but has different picture? Probably the first thing you’ll do is to rename “IMAG0050.jpg” in your mobile device into something different.

Now to make things easier, IMAG to Date is created to help from that problem.

visit my blog post for more information
http://bit.ly/IMAGtoDate

May i ask how do i get it to work? Can you instruct me with steps?
thank you so much

Tourist!

Oct 16, 2008
חוף הכרמל
@Tourist

Microsoft Windows 101
.EXE (EXEcutable Application) is basically a program that you can launch in Microsoft Windows platform.

You can actually find hundreds of .EXE files in your Windows Desktop/Mobile (thousands in Desktop) so don't be shocked if you found them and DO NOT delete!

that's a very nice little poem you wrote there.

I know what an .exe file is.
what I meant (just like the next post after yours) is that I have no idea how to install or launch the app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok thanks : )
    when will you compile the program for omnia
    after you add for mp4 support, you may change the program name IMAG : )
    did the patch work for you? ; )

LOL :p :D am not sure about changing the product name. I don't want to confuse other Users about it.

I mean look at this stats

statsux.jpg

and more on different download sites, RT in Twitter.

I'll have to think about it. :D