FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[n00B-HOW2] GET ONTO ICS CM9(EPSYLON 3) FROM FROYO STOCK

256 posts
Thanks Meter: 85
 
By suttaroom, Senior Member on 7th July 2012, 12:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st April 2013, 06:13 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertod17

buenos dias, distinguidos señores de este prestigioso blogs,mi nombre es Alberto tengo un motorola defy y le he puesto una personalizacion a jelly bean pero con muchos problemas, entre ellos no podia escoger a mi operadora Claro Dominicana por problemas de las bandas. decidi instalarle ICS pero, no inicia me dice el siguiente mensaje:
encryption unsuccessful
encryption was interrpted and can't complete. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible.

To resume using your phone, you must perform a factory rest, When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any gata that was backed up to your google account.

reset phone.

necesito ayuda porque hasta ahi he llegado en mis conocimientos.

no entiendo español
28th June 2013, 04:53 PM |#122  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Stuck at logo
I hope you don't mind me dragging you back into this discussion.
I decided to update my Defy yesterday and erring on the side of caution successfully did so on CM7.
Feeling more confident today I decided to go to CM9 (without flashing back to a stock installation first.
I've been stuck on the CM google logo for 20 mins. There's not even a blue light to let me access the bios.
Am I done?

Thanks in advance.



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGraves

please don't do that if i may suggest.

i have tried it and left stuck at moto logo.
i was using GGL ROM, so i just install the CM9 from epsylon3 zip, and got stuck.
( i was assuming that the GGL ROM is still using froyo kernel, but maybe i was wrong)

the best way is to flash sbf back to stock froyo first.

14th July 2013, 12:53 AM |#123  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello, I seem to be running cyanogen 9, as per your instructions, but it asks me to login everytime?? I also seem to lack service. is this normal?
29th July 2013, 12:46 PM |#124  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Smile what rom?
Hi,

someone has a suggestion what rom I could flash on my defy+

My current stock rom is laggy and not very fast. Is it possible to flash a CM?
What version would you suggest? I am looking around and reading for a while now but I'm getting more and more confused.

my phone:

Quote:

Systemversion:
45.0.2310.MB526.NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU
ModelNR:
MB526
Android-Version
2.3.6
Baseband:
EPU93_U_00.60.03
KernelVersion:
2.6.32.9-ge281b6e
BuildNR:
4.5.1-134_DFP-231

thank you guys!

regards,
dash
4th August 2013, 08:33 PM |#125  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
wipe clean ?
14th August 2013, 11:14 AM |#126  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_n1

Hi,

someone has a suggestion what rom I could flash on my defy+

My current stock rom is laggy and not very fast. Is it possible to flash a CM?
What version would you suggest? I am looking around and reading for a while now but I'm getting more and more confused.

my phone:



thank you guys!

regards,
dash

Stablity & Battery CM 7

Features Set CM 10.1

DGAF CM 10.2
The Following User Says Thank You to suttaroom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suttaroom Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:35 AM |#127  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
USB Issues
First of all, thanks a lot for this post, it helped me a lot.
I'm having an issue with my Defy (Bayer), USB mode is not working; I select it (USB Mass Storage) on the menu and my computer plays the sound when a USB device has been disconnected but never shows up my phone on Windows Explorer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and Motorola software.

Thanks for your help
1st October 2013, 07:18 AM |#128  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegofaustovs

First of all, thanks a lot for this post, it helped me a lot.
I'm having an issue with my Defy (Bayer), USB mode is not working; I select it (USB Mass Storage) on the menu and my computer plays the sound when a USB device has been disconnected but never shows up my phone on Windows Explorer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and Motorola software.

Thanks for your help

try another laptop/PC and check ..
what version of CM have u installed CM9 ?
15th November 2013, 12:31 PM |#129  
SandeepRoy's Avatar
Member
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Question Same USB problem with SD card
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttaroom

try another laptop/PC and check ..
what version of CM have u installed CM9 ?

@suttaroom
I was on CM9 Epsylon3 - [ CM9-NIGHTLY-121118-Defy+.zip 2012-Nov-18 03:24:55 134.3M ]
I could see the SD card mounted as USB, but could not open it on my PC to see any files,
( my phone charges via USB ),
so to check if my USB drivers were OK i restored back to CM7 and it works fine.

I'm not sure, but i read somewhere that applying the battery fix, also solves the USB problem ?
Any thoughts or links ?
16th November 2013, 08:40 AM |#130  
OP Senior Member
Flag Shuweikh, KU
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandeepRoy

@suttaroom
I was on CM9 Epsylon3 - [ CM9-NIGHTLY-121118-Defy+.zip 2012-Nov-18 03:24:55 134.3M ]
I could see the SD card mounted as USB, but could not open it on my PC to see any files,
( my phone charges via USB ),
so to check if my USB drivers were OK i restored back to CM7 and it works fine.

I'm not sure, but i read somewhere that applying the battery fix, also solves the USB problem ?
Any thoughts or links ?

Which defy ( red/Green lens) /Defy+ do you have ?
16th November 2013, 09:35 AM |#131  
SandeepRoy's Avatar
Member
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttaroom

Which defy ( red/Green lens) /Defy+ do you have ?

Defy+
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes