glurak888

May 30, 2012
Cool, hard to find the "player"

Try the Google play music player ui.

Oh an integration of Google music would be nice

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4

Moscow Desire

Retired Senior Moderator
It's indeed really help indie dev like to to have feedback & crash reports (and with a message describing the crash, it's even better!

I'll try it on my tablet tomorrow. Will give you some feedback. Not sure how it will look as it seems to be dev'd towards phones. ;) :laugh::laugh:

Main thing will be integration with 3rd party sound enhancements (Viper4Android) for example.

As with the cosmetic things (background colors), these are just minor things, and really don't need to be posted every third post.

Good work mate. Been looking to replace my Walkman port.

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Indeed, playlist are really important, will be add in some next release

Thanks man.I also wanted to report one thing every time i open the player its loading/Searching the music again and again it wont start fast enough i have to wait 5 to 10 seconds before playing any song & i do have suggestions/Requests for you.

1st: Give him a bit stylish look and give him a sexy icon alot of people look at the icon for first impression.
2nd: Music loop is too tiny and hard to forward or backward the song can you make a flat line or some thing.
3rd: If the music is playing on the main screen there is too much free space on the screen can you make a bigger album art & big music loop thats fit the screen example like Walkman or apollo music palyers .

Those are just requests & Thanks for your hard work :eek:

Reactions: jlebeau

ken2802

Aug 29, 2010
nice UI, somethink that you may should add is a costum lockscreen since the 4.2 stock one isnt that great imho

Rasa11

Dec 24, 2011
Lunar Base VII, Sector IX
Dark Theme is on my TODO list. I'm working on Widget right now & stability (Thk you guys for all the crash reports!), and then that will be dark theme time :)

The Cover download part is indeed still buggy, that should be fix in the next release

Awesome! :)
Thank you. :highfive:
I also like the idea of the notification icon being grey instead of green. ;)
Great work buddy!

lzhikai1994

Apr 15, 2011
Singapore
Great app, unique and nice to use

My feedback
1. I think there should be an option in the settings to re enable notifications when I permanently disable it (Prompt during pressing of X in notification)
2. Option to permanently remember (Keep playing/Stop Music) when press X in notifications.

Last edited:

H4R81N63R

Jun 13, 2013
Currently testing this app (v0.22 at time of this post). First impressions are good. Found a few bugs that I would like to point out:

Bug List:
1. Equaliser toggle switches to "off" when the song changes. The effects of the equaliser do not change though.
2. Sometimes, the buttons on the currently playing card become inactive.
3. When I close the app notification and select to keep the music playing, all buttons/cards except for the title bar become inactive. The app needs to be killed in order to use them again.
4. (Not sure if this is a bug) When the equaliser is enabled, the output volume is almost double that of the normal volume.

I would also like to see one feature that is kind of essential for my use of the app: A lock screen toggle, for 4.1.x android phones (since we don't have lockscreen widgets).

Reactions: jlebeau
Hello guys!

Hi jlebeau, this app of yours is great, very cool idea with some extra features which makes it worth it to keep side by side with stock players!

Here's my feedback:

• I love the intuitive way you can manage the "actual playlist", but I'd make the "Add and play next" feature working different: by pressing it, could you make songs go directly after the now-playing one?
  • Is it possible to make the "actual playlist" like a continuous stream made by all the songs someone chooses? This means that playing a song would make it to be instantly played and also added to the playlist, directly after the last played song (is it clear? I'm a little wordy sometimes :) )
  • Knowing it's a beta, maybe this is normal but i'll report it: I have to force-close it everytime after use...
  • About the GUI: It is great the cascade layout, I'd only change the main visualization (like you also said I think...), so I'd lower the font size of the Artists, maybe change the default image for the Albums (something simple like a sigle note?), and change the whole basic list layout for the Artists, just making every single Artist separated by the other (like the individuals card-like panels you inspired to, simply..), I think it would make it appear better-looking, also more professional...
  • Some possible additional gestures: Swipe left-right on the now-playing album-art to change song; swipe to the left/right on a playlisted song to remove it from playlist; swipe to the left by the right margin to make the playing-options panel appear;

I hope I helped, this app can become very interesting like I wrote in my first lines; It reminds me, a little, Jaangle Player for PC, very handy.

I'm using a Samsung Note 2, JB 4.1.2, build N7100XXDMB2

Ciao ;)

PS: I like the actual green app-icon, simple yet nice, the notification could be just the note without any coloured background..?

PPS: I just saw the "tiny" "x" to close the notification playbar... ok I think the point about force-closing it's solved ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasa11

jlebeau

May 16, 2010
Hi, I'm back!

First, I would like to thank everybody for your support, and especially for the crash reports! It's very so more efficient to fix crashs when you get many crash reports with good explanations!

I just publish the 0.23 beta, so that will be online in the next few hours.

CHANGELOG:

#New:
- LockScreen Controls
- Widget 4x1
- saving playlist state
- Notification icon

#Fix:
- Many force close (thx Xda for the crash reports!)
- UI speed & scaling
- Artist card click issues
- 4.2 compatibility issues

I'm has not very available the last days to reply to all your messages, so I will do it soon. There are many good propositions in this thread and I hope that with these good feedback, we will have a REALLY Nice music player!

Please, continue to send crash reports, it's gold for the advancement of this application

Last edited:

Arrowblue

Jan 21, 2013
Antwerpen
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 11
Hi,

After updating while clicking on Party mode it fc & what do you mean by ( LockScreen Controls ) can you explain ????? it is thoug Lockscreen music controller ?? or am i getting it wrong. normally i use Walkman but i like your music player too i hope soon it can over come walkman .What about playlist that are already made will your music player read them too ???? i have more than 1 thousands songs dont wana get busy with making play list again :p

Thanks for your hard work.

Last edited:

jlebeau

May 16, 2010
Hi,

After updating while clicking on Party mode it fc & what do you mean by ( LockScreen Controls ) can you explain ????? it is thoug Lockscreen music controller ?? or am i getting it wrong. normally i use Walkman but i like your music player too i hope soon it can over come walkman .What about playlist that are already made will your music player read them too ???? i have more than 1 thousands songs dont wana get busy with making play list again :p

Thanks for your hard work.
Party Mode has not suppose to be visible :) It's a incoming feature, but that still need a lot of work.

I'm working right now on playlist support, that will be available soon!

LockScreen are like that : http://community.spotify.com/t5/ima...6FA80BFD13/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

play a song, power off the screen, and when you power it back, there will be controls

Last edited:

weirdsciencex

Jun 19, 2010
Newcastle
Nexus 7
Nexus 7 (2013)
Here I am to share with you the music player I'm developing at the moment.

It use holo & Card UI, but the main aspect I wanted to set up is a simple interface that is intuitive and not complex.

It's currently in beta on the market, and I hope you will enjoy beta testing it!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiboweb.android.niceplayer.beta

Great app, saw it reviewed on Android Police. Looking forward to see how it develops.

Any chance you'll be adding upnp support in the future?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeGygii

May 2, 2011
Wow really nice UI

the player is really intuitive to use.
some features are missing, like headset control, stopping music on headset disconnect and resuming on connect. also saving playlists would be really nice.
mono sound output would be really nice, since i often listen with one earbud.
the icon of albums which don't have any album art doesn't fit the UI, something simple would be better.
sometimes it crashes randomly and the performance is a little choppy but hey its a beta, keep up the good work ;)

ISSUES report:

- in Tag creator mode, if I try fetching data from LastFM after deleting the Album (wrong) name the app crashes;
- when fetching data from lastFM, it seems to search only by Album Name, not by Artist... because I looked for some songs with unknown album but known Artist and it found strange albums and artists axcept the one tagged...

omniastrider

Aug 13, 2011
Nice player you NicePlayer, but it need additional work, I think...
Moreover I'd really like that someone could finally release an audio player for Android that is fully capable to sync with a desktop audio player...I mean, there's Songbird, with source code available, and then there are plenty of good players for Android (PlayerPro, PowerAmp, this NicePlayer...) but none of them is able to sync ratings and other infos back to desktop (or to other device). PlayerPro is able to export statistics about songs in a useful XML file, but you have to sync manually (in other words: copy the file to the desktop, and then open it from Songbird). I think it shouldn't be so difficult to sync statistic from and to Android device, if you already have an almost ready software on PC (Songbird)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    Enjoy your Music!
    NicePlayer is a Modern App that just let you play your music. Everything is just here, and ready to be played.

xEhmODvE4KhxYC5HsIfF_8_8V9N2-rXxj8JJB8Ream9lVOUE8HL86s-Q48NopjGvGg=h900-rw
    1GPUgktebtiRCxMCIcuCDubAacsS1O7chi6unwwP6P3nL5xsWri089_KmnUyWywGi1c=h900-rw

W8LI7RmqCw-7GCfS1ZHKxgwZKmfSMU2J53o3BSpJ5TXPF_KRdalboaKbQNvFYrsMzt5r=h900-rw

VzLUfOO20_VB4QCf6YlXDBTKDZqbV2p4UUzsHHozcW-AOfQC3Zo9p5GQHuJAU4yKwg=h900-rw

SygZy1c_LKEVdelWvOM3JzcxYJLo9r_z8-lp2fb8ul--y0FVmznjUgP3mWXhK1kswSk=h900-rw

ZI2Ix31dA7pHm8ncBAInwLqMHLCnPyEsD5NIVtJXgq8z3C0bx4b22cEiPp82naav4dw=h900-rw

Online reviews :
    # XDA-Developers: Enjoy Music the Holo Way with NicePlayer
    http://xda-developers.com/android/enjoy-music-the-holo-way-with-niceplayer/
    # AddictiveTips: NicePlayer Is An Android Music Player With An Awesome Card-Based UI
    http://www.addictivetips.com/android/niceplayer-android-music-player-with-an-awesome-card-based-ui/
    # AndroidPolice: [Hands-On] NicePlayer Is A New Android Music Player Defined By Its Polished Card-Style UI
    http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...layer-defined-by-its-polished-card-styled-ui/
    # DroidHorizon: NicePlayer BETA – Review
    http://droidhorizon.com/niceplayer-beta-review/
    Features:
    - all in one interface (easily navigable), only 2 views Music Collection & Current Playlists
    - Dark Theme
    - Folder Browsing
    - Floating Controls
    - Play your music on any UPnP Device
    - Playlists Saving/Loading (.m3u)
    - Widget 4x1 & 4x4, with 4 configurable themes
    - Search
    - Timer
    - Pin track to be play next
    - Rating & Play Counter
    - Smart playlists
    - Compilation / Album Artist Tag
    - Integrated ID3 Tag Editor (with infos/art fetching)
    - Equalizer
    - LockScreen Controls
    - Headset Controls & pausing/resuming when plugging/unplugging Headset, next with 2 clicks, previous with 3

It's still under heavy development and can be some time unstable.
    you can join the discussion about this beta on the dedicated G+ community : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/102133480240199212847

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiboweb.android.niceplayer.beta
    Hi, I'm back!

First, I would like to thank everybody for your support, and especially for the crash reports! It's very so more efficient to fix crashs when you get many crash reports with good explanations!

I just publish the 0.23 beta, so that will be online in the next few hours.

CHANGELOG:

#New:
    - LockScreen Controls
    - Widget 4x1
    - saving playlist state
    - Notification icon

#Fix:
    - Many force close (thx Xda for the crash reports!)
    - UI speed & scaling
    - Artist card click issues
    - 4.2 compatibility issues

I'm has not very available the last days to reply to all your messages, so I will do it soon. There are many good propositions in this thread and I hope that with these good feedback, we will have a REALLY Nice music player!

Please, continue to send crash reports, it's gold for the advancement of this application
    Hi,

The beta 26 is online, with many many bug fix. Thanks to everybody for the very detailed bug reports, it helps a lot!

New in this release:
    - Playlist : save, load & delete .m3u files;
    - Headsets : controls supports, pause/resume when headset are plugged/unplugged.

Coming next :
    - more widgets;
    - black theme;
    Its a good player, but i do like my playlist. i have songs in alot of languages so i made playlist depending on my mood. can you add playlist option it will be very great, need dark themes for the player.

Thanks man
    Indeed, playlist are really important, will be add in some next release
    Tried it and honestly my impression of it be pretty bad,

Now that's a way to help development :rolleyes:

Always remember, this is a BETA in early stages. It's best to post something helpful. BETA's typically have issues, and may not be compatible with all devices/OS Versions. Most BETA's are released in hopes to improve things based on users comments.

For FC's I suggest using ADB (or an app from the Play Store) and capture a "Logcat" and attach it to your post. This helps narrow down any major issues.

If people are not willing to help development, then they should stay with already established programs.

MD