Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

atis112

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 21, 2011
Please post all non-dev questions and discussions here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2392703

CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
 * cause of male impotence.
*/

Requirements:
Unlocked bootloader
CWM recovery installed

Install:
Download the rom
Extract the boot.img
Copy the rom to your sdcard
Go to recovery and flash the rom
Wipe data
Reboot to bootloader/fastboot
Install boot.img with fastboot ---> fastboot flash boot boot.img
Reboot and enjoy!

Sources:
I share the source code, but i have some requests:

Please don't use my work without my permission.
If you have some fixes, don't open a new thread. Just make pull request, write me PM, or share it in this thread.

All sources avaliable here: https://github.com/ProtouProject
Use this for init the repo: "repo init -u git://github.com/ProtouProject/android.git -b cm-10.2"

Credits:
@sakindia123

Last edited:

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
Ok guys,i managed somehow to turn on the Bluetooth and connect it to my moms Nokia. But then i tried to replicate it and now it won't turn on.
Here is the logcat and you can see on the bottom that it connected. http://pastebin.com/PaDuCZiB

Camera crashes on start and Focal is working but crashes when i take a picture. That is probbably because of the SD problem.
No sound,no wifi,i didn't test the gps. Rom is fast,but some animations are laging.
@atis112 i see in the source that you did some changes to BT did you fix it ?

EDIT 3,i think. xD

#define BTM_DEF_LOCAL_NAME in bdroid_buildcfg.h is set as "HTC Explorer A310e" , i mean it's not really a bugfix but i think that BT deservs the name of our device. :D

EDIT 4 :

So i checked the bt_vendor.conf and there was a file in /system/etc/firmware/ named BCM4330B1_002.001.003.0221.0228.hcd but when i checked on the phone it was named something like BCM4330B1_002.001.003.08xx.08xx.hcd,can't remember correctly. So i renamed it and when i rebooted the bt was on. But when i turn it off it won't turn on again unless i reboot the phone.
device-2013-08-05-165505.png
device-2013-08-05-165523.png

Last edited:

hell_lock

Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
@nightwalkerkg Congrats.. we are on the same stage in cm10.1
@atis112 did u make changes to protou.fstab to support sdcard mounting? I have heard that there are new changes in 4.3 and vold.fstab is removed.. One more thing, where did u get that ramdisk from? it seems little buggy to me...

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
@atis112 did u make changes to protou.fstab to support sdcard mounting? I have heard that there are new changes in 4.3 and vold.fstab is removed.. One more thing, where did u get that ramdisk from? it seems little buggy to me...

I am not really a dev,i am just trying to help. I tried to find some help on cm irc channel,but they were to busy trying to help some guy with his S3. -.-' I'll se what i can do,so far i know that sd card can be acessed fully in file manager but only when you enable root access,other then that there is only a download folder. Also when charging the green led turns on as soon as the phone battery lvl reaches 92-93%. Sound works in phone calls,i did two phone calls and some messages and everything was ok. Are there any gapps,i would like to test some other things ?

atis112

Mar 21, 2011
Ok guys,i managed somehow to turn on the Bluetooth and connect it to my moms Nokia. But then i tried to replicate it and now it won't turn on.
Here is the logcat and you can see on the bottom that it connected. http://pastebin.com/PaDuCZiB

Camera crashes on start and Focal is working but crashes when i take a picture. That is probbably because of the SD problem.
No sound,no wifi,i didn't test the gps. Rom is fast,but some animations are laging.
@atis112 i see in the source that you did some changes to BT did you fix it ?

EDIT 3,i think. xD

#define BTM_DEF_LOCAL_NAME in bdroid_buildcfg.h is set as "HTC Explorer A310e" , i mean it's not really a bugfix but i think that BT deservs the name of our device. :D

EDIT 4 :

So i checked the bt_vendor.conf and there was a file in /system/etc/firmware/ named BCM4330B1_002.001.003.0221.0228.hcd but when i checked on the phone it was named something like BCM4330B1_002.001.003.08xx.08xx.hcd,can't remember correctly. So i renamed it and when i rebooted the bt was on. But when i turn it off it won't turn on again unless i reboot the phone.
device-2013-08-05-165505.png
device-2013-08-05-165523.png

Yes, I know about this, but i don't work with bt or wifi, while sdcard not working.

Yes, i added it: https://github.com/ProtouProject/android_device_htc_protou/blob/cm-10.2/ramdisk/fstab.protou#L6
The sdcard problem is because of prebuilt init. But with CM init, the ril don't work and the rom have random reboots.. and I don't know why.

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac
I think that the sdcard is mounted as read-only or idle.
I read on some disscussion that fsck -f /dev/store/media this would help fix it.
Also is it possible to switch internal and external storage ?

There is a hashtag in /ramdisk/init.protou.rc on line 12,should it be there and on line 148 there is just # wifi-- ? I am just asking this because they don't seem like they should be there,but that is just me. :D
What is the diff. bettwen eth0 and wlan0 ?

EDIT:
Here are the gapps if you need them.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2387878

Last edited:

neXus PRIME

Nov 22, 2011
Lahore, Pakistan
I think that the sdcard is mounted as read-only or idle.
I read on some disscussion that fsck -f /dev/store/media this would help fix it.
Also is it possible to switch internal and external storage ?

There is a hashtag in /ramdisk/init.protou.rc on line 12,should it be there and on line 148 there is just # wifi-- ? I am just asking this because they don't seem like they should be there,but that is just me. :D
What is the diff. bettwen eth0 and wlan0 ?

EDIT:
Here are the gapps if you need them.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2387878

Appreciate your efforts @nightwalkerkg,
Might i suggest a better method? make a git account and make pull requests. That way, atis112 will have an easier time looking at exactly what you mean.

Regards
Yasir

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

@atis112

Why does pico use NO "init" file??

That means they use CM init?

atis112

Mar 21, 2011
Appreciate your efforts @nightwalkerkg,
Might i suggest a better method? make a git account and make pull requests. That way, atis112 will have an easier time looking at exactly what you mean.

Regards
Yasir

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

@atis112

Why does pico use NO "init" file??

That means they use CM init?

Yes, they use the source-built CM init.

nightwalkerkg

Aug 20, 2012
Kragujevac

PuffMaN

Nov 2, 2012
Antwerp
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
it would be nice, if you finish 4.2.2 first, jumping from project to another project is a bit lame.
i have asked you something on PM, but u didn't replied me. why ?

Why would he, 4.2.2 to 4.3 isnt a big jump. And most of the work done on 4.2.2 can be transferred to 4.3. Besides, I dont see it as a new project, but as an upgrade of the current. Its still a jelly bean. He cant help it either that cm gave it an other build number. Its positive in my eyes he moved on to 4.3 instead of sticking to an older android build. Isnt that what we all want? The latest and greatest? So, its not about what you or anyone else wants, but about what he wants. We just have to follow, like it or not.

Edit:
And an other thing: just noticed the thread title, can you please ask questions like this in the q&a thread, this is for development only. You can find the link in the OP.

Sent from my HTC Desire X with Tapatalk Red
Computers are like air-conditioners. They can't work properly if you open windows.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post all non-dev questions and discussions here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2392703

CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
    */

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader
    CWM recovery installed

Install:
    Download the rom
    Extract the boot.img
    Copy the rom to your sdcard
    Go to recovery and flash the rom
    Wipe data
    Reboot to bootloader/fastboot
    Install boot.img with fastboot ---> fastboot flash boot boot.img
    Reboot and enjoy!

Sources:
    I share the source code, but i have some requests:

Please don't use my work without my permission.
    If you have some fixes, don't open a new thread. Just make pull request, write me PM, or share it in this thread.

All sources avaliable here: https://github.com/ProtouProject
    Use this for init the repo: "repo init -u git://github.com/ProtouProject/android.git -b cm-10.2"

Credits:
    @sakindia123
    Working:
    Touchscreen
    Lights
    GSM & data
    Camera
    Sensors

Not working:
    SD card
    Bluetooth
    Wifi
    Audio​
    source released ! :D

The jelly bean source ( 4.1.1) has been released for our phone finally !! :D :good:
    http://www.htcdev.com/devcenter/downloads
    hopefully this will help with development :):)
    Support:
    If you would like to support me and the development, you can donate to me here:
    Donators: (Thank you guys ;) )

@vogonpoetlaureate
    @simaka
    @eagle_vis
    @RuudM
    @azraelcelt
    Changelog:

alpha 1.0:
    First release