FORUMS

Ecell "Genuine" Black Replacement Housing

1,055 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,366

By HTCDreamOn, Senior Member on 29th January 2013, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been looking around for a replacement housing for my G2, it's pretty knocked up (bought it 2nd hand), had a look at faulty used phones and official replacement housing, but both are surprisingly expensive (you wouldn't believe how much people pay for an old waterdamaged phone with an unrepairable screen and dents left right and centre.

Anyway, I've seen a full housing (minus screen/ glass) by Ecell which is (quote) "New Genuine ... For HTC Desire Z", previously it was £300ish on eBay, I've now seen it for under a tenner (still direct from Ecell).

Thing is it's black, so the use of the word "genuine" is questionable (do they mean "genuine" Ecell, or "genuine" HTC?), although in the description they say "Official HTC product". Also I've never bought anything Ecell before.

I just wanted to know if any of you guys have bought one of these replacement housings, or anything from Ecell before? Feedback would be greatly appreciated .
29th January 2013, 06:54 PM |#2  
Re: Ecell "Genuine" Black Replacement Housing
Best I have found is about 40$ for a full housing replacement OEM, if considered it the past but haven't been able to justify that just for aesthetics. I recently stopped using my dock and just use one of the original T-Mobile cases I fond for a few bucks (thick rubber, bulky but real nice) since then I gave up on pretty.
Never bought from ecell before so I couldn't attest to their reputation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 08:54 PM |#3  
Flag Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Thanks Meter: 116

More
I've seen the E-CELL product on eBay for about 10 pounds and it seems a good price for it.

However, while I'm not sure of its' quality, for that value I'd be willing to take a risk and see what's it about.
The Following User Says Thank You to geojoking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift geojoking Ad-Free
29th January 2013, 09:06 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,366

Donate to Me
More
Wink RE: Ecell "Genuine" Black Replacement Housing
@demkantor Thanks, according to Google $40 = £25, and official HTC housing goes for around £30, which is absurd 'cause that's well over half of what I paid for my G2. I don't fancy a case, the Vision is already thick and heavy without one (can you even use the keyboard with a case on? )

@geojoking Yep, that's the one I found, previously £300 (wtf?!). Unless anyone highly cautions against Ecell I might go for it, besides as you say it is less than £10 so probably worth the risk. Anyway, if I do get it I can post a review here !
29th January 2013, 09:31 PM |#5  
you can slide it fine, i would prefer not to use one but im running low on spare phones at the moment and i dont mind the bulk, but yes definitely bulkier!
i believe the original leaked photos of the g2/dz were of a black model or at least real dark grey. supposedly there is some mystic black version that is near impossible to get a hold of with a different bootloader then all the others, it had a different name but fell under the vision still i believe... cant remember much about it
so that would mean its possible these are genuine and being they were once 300 that may mean that ecell had them since the very beginning as when phones first come out parts like this tend to cost more than a new phone! they could have gotten the original casting and colors prerelease to the public... just a thought
either way for that price go for it, if it turns out not to fit not a huge loss, if it works great then you have one of the few(if any) black visions!
i would suggest getting some 3m adhesive tape (2mm?) as moving the digitizer will require this as well as holding down the flex. let me know how it turns out! maybe ill try it myself
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demkantor Ad-Free
15th August 2013, 08:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I saw these a while back, almost bought it but was sceptical of the quality. Really wish I did now..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ecell, housing, htc desire z, replacement

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)