FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Novice Guide] You Just Bought a Galaxy S4? - 50 Tips and Tricks

1,076 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
By Kremata, Senior Member on 26th April 2013, 10:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th August 2013, 01:31 PM |#271  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Do somebody already have a fix for the Talk Back when giving accesability to 3rd party applications???

Also is their a possibility to use both types of unlock screen (pasword and face recognition)????

Thanks in advance...
16th August 2013, 09:42 PM |#272  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,695
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogoshin

As i understand there is no more drag and drop in Android after 4.1 or something like that. I think you have to use MTP connection.

Here is a maybe usefull link

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1185

Yes there is. You have to enable usb debugging in developer options

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eyecon82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eyecon82 Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 12:32 PM |#273  
PutraMasyers97's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Hi.. Please I need quick reply.. I just connect my Galaxy S4 to my laptop, but I don't know how to safely remove it.. In my Xperia it automatically pop up autoplay when I connect and it also show Safely Remove in my notification tray and it also can be manually eject in Computer..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
17th August 2013, 08:30 PM |#274  
alferret's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mansfield
Thanks Meter: 53
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PutraMasyers97

Hi.. Please I need quick reply.. I just connect my Galaxy S4 to my laptop, but I don't know how to safely remove it.. In my Xperia it automatically pop up autoplay when I connect and it also show Safely Remove in my notification tray and it also can be manually eject in Computer..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Just pull the cable, don't need ejecting!

placed into the ether via my S4
17th August 2013, 10:17 PM |#275  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealbert

Yes, but what I want to do is transfer files/videos etc. that are already on my desktop hard drive, onto my phone's sd card. Air droid is wireless, isn't it?

Yes it's a wireless transfer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
18th August 2013, 12:34 AM |#276  
Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremata

I don't know about Linux, I always assume it would be easier with Linux since android is based on Linux.

Works fine with Ubuntu 13.04

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
18th August 2013, 08:35 AM |#277  
NtwoO's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Airdroid doesn't work well with an external sd card that is bigger than the internal memory. Kies is an alternative, but transferring directories is a huge pain with kies. For this purpose I switched to an nfs server that is in servers ultimate pro that I purchased a while ago. Works like an absolute charm! I'm happy to spend 5-10 euros a month on apps.

Sent from my GT-I9505
18th August 2013, 09:25 AM |#278  
Kremata's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Montreal-Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 1,270
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NtwoO

Airdroid doesn't work well with an external sd card that is bigger than the internal memory. Kies is an alternative, but transferring directories is a huge pain with kies. For this purpose I switched to an nfs server that is in servers ultimate pro that I purchased a while ago. Works like an absolute charm! I'm happy to spend 5-10 euros a month on apps.

Sent from my GT-I9505

Easiest way I found till now is to use ES File explorer. Go to the Fast Access page ->Tools-> Remote Manager and start the service. On your pc you can map a drive to the IP address that ES will give you and go directly view all the cards of your phone.

PS. I set my router to always give the same IP to my phone

The whole thing is a bit long to set the first time(5 minutes) but after that, it's a breeze.
18th August 2013, 02:55 PM |#279  
ilordvader's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnammit

Yes it's a wireless transfer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

How do we wirelessly transfer Viedos & files from Laptop to my S4 ?
is there a built I software for it or we need a App for it , which ?
18th August 2013, 05:15 PM |#280  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilordvader

How do we wirelessly transfer Viedos & files from Laptop to my S4 ?
is there a built I software for it or we need a App for it , which ?

Easy, get the AirDroid app, make sure your on the same wifi network on your laptop and phone.

1. start airdriod app on your phone
2. type Webdroid in your internet expolrer, i use google chrome
3. from the phone app, click scan qr code and scan the code on your laptop/pc screen with your phone
4. your connected! there are other ways to connect but i find that method the easiest

From there you can choose and browse files, really easy to understand it from there. To upload stuff to your phone there is a box on the right hand side, choose your location and folder i.e. sdcard/... drag folders or files to that.

For me this is the best file explorer, im a complete noob and i find the layout very easy to understand, give it a go trust me.

Hope that helps
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dagnammit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dagnammit Ad-Free
21st August 2013, 11:29 PM |#281  
eyecon82's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,695
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PutraMasyers97

Hi.. Please I need quick reply.. I just connect my Galaxy S4 to my laptop, but I don't know how to safely remove it.. In my Xperia it automatically pop up autoplay when I connect and it also show Safely Remove in my notification tray and it also can be manually eject in Computer..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4







Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret

Just pull the cable, don't need ejecting!

placed into the ether via my S4

I never eject anything and always pull it straight out of usb without issues. Some people are anal about it though

This includes external hard drives, usb flash drives, phones, tablets, etc

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes