FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate for $24.50 +Tax FS

531 posts
Thanks Meter: 151

By Theoriginalgiga, Senior Member on 15th August 2013, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
These are compatible with any device capable of Qi charging. This is just the charging pad only, you can pick up a receiver on amazon for $14 (listed at the bottom).

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=mkpZu7_rva2

Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate (various colors) for $24.50. Shipping is free.
Additional savings when purchasing multiples:
10% off 2 = $44.10
25% off 3 = $55.14

Available Colors:
Black
White
Red
Yellow
Blue

DT-900 power specs:

Power
Charger standby consumption: Less than 30 mW
Charger input current: 300 mA
Charger output current: 750 mA
Charger input voltage: 100 - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
Charger output voltage: 12 V
Operating temperature: -5 - +45 C
Power Management
Wireless charging standard: Qi

Qi receiver addon for S4:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU7FO5C/
The Following User Says Thank You to Theoriginalgiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Theoriginalgiga Ad-Free

16th August 2013, 06:01 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoriginalgiga

These are compatible with any device capable of Qi charging. This is just the charging pad only, you can pick up a receiver on amazon for $14 (listed at the bottom).

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/acc...id=mkpZu7_rva2

Nokia DT-900 Wireless Charging Plate (various colors) for $24.50. Shipping is free.
Additional savings when purchasing multiples:
10% off 2 = $44.10
25% off 3 = $55.14

Available Colors:
Black
White
Red
Yellow
Blue

DT-900 power specs:

Power
Charger standby consumption: Less than 30 mW
Charger input current: 300 mA
Charger output current: 750 mA
Charger input voltage: 100 - 240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
Charger output voltage: 12 V
Operating temperature: -5 - +45 C
Power Management
Wireless charging standard: Qi

Qi receiver addon for S4:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CU7FO5C/

Wish I would of seen this before I bought mine off of Ebay.
I also bought the wireless charger off of Ebay for less than Amazon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Standard-...item2ec93717c8
16th August 2013, 01:45 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Very true, but the one on amazon is 2 day shipping for prime people or orders over 25 and the one on amazon as charging output of 1000mah while the one on ebay can only do 650. Now I know the Nokia charging plate can only do 750, but it's nice being able to charge faster if you happen to find a charging plate that does do 1000mah

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
16th August 2013, 04:09 PM |#4  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Unfortunately Samsung has decided to raise the price of their charge ($60) so the discount no longer works!!! Was going to order it next month but guess ATT/Nokia is going to get my money instead.
16th August 2013, 04:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqeteer

Unfortunately Samsung has decided to raise the price of their charge ($60) so the discount no longer works!!! Was going to order it next month but guess ATT/Nokia is going to get my money instead.

I should be getting them in today so I'll get pictures of the setup, install and how well it works.
16th August 2013, 05:06 PM |#6  
Flag San Francisco

More
Quote:

I should be getting them in today so I'll get pictures of the setup, install and how well it works.

Excellent! I look forward to it.
17th August 2013, 01:04 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Ok, I installed the wireless charger and set it onto the Nokia pad and works great! the best part is it charges through my case (Neo Hybrid). It does bow the back which does give it some wobble but it isn't bad.

This is showing that the case already started out bowed, so any major bowing is the case, not the charging unit.

the charger pad in place, there is an adhesive pad, but I didn't use it, the tension between the back and battery keeps the pad in place. it does slightly cover up the sim slot and SD card slot.

you can see it a little warped, nothing major, but you can feel it.

Another angle

With the case on, barely noticeable

again barely noticeable

I've read a lot of posts saying this needs to be perfectly centered on the Nokia charger, I can tell you it DOES NOT! here's a couple pictures with it obviously not centered. all you really need to do is make sure the receiver is over the charger. I've tossed my phone onto the pad in a bunch of different directions and it has worked 99% of the time.

you can see it's charging at 640ma, I'm currently at 55% charge so I'd imagine it would reach the full 750 if I was lower.

so I spent approx $80 for 3 of these, receivers for both my S4 and my girlfriends S3 and I'm sold.

Hope this helps!
The Following User Says Thank You to Theoriginalgiga For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Theoriginalgiga Ad-Free
17th August 2013, 06:02 AM |#8  
Flag San Francisco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617

Wish I would of seen this before I bought mine off of Ebay.
I also bought the wireless charger off of Ebay for less than Amazon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Standard-...item2ec93717c8

Funny you should mention looking for a 1000ma charger because when I went to look at the receiver I noticed this...

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Wireless...f=pd_sim_cps_4

It was on the same page in the what other customer's bought slider thing. $26.49 + $4.49 shipping so $31 vs $25. Is $6 worth it?
17th August 2013, 01:23 PM |#9  
Ontario
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poqeteer

Funny you should mention looking for a 1000ma charger because when I went to look at the receiver I noticed this...

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Wireless...f=pd_sim_cps_4

It was on the same page in the what other customer's bought slider thing. $26.49 + $4.49 shipping so $31 vs $25. Is $6 worth it?

I have that charger. I just ordered the receiver, I'll be getting it Tuesday. I'll post how fast it charges once I get it

Sent from my GT-I9505G
17th August 2013, 03:56 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sacramento

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionx1

I have that charger. I just ordered the receiver, I'll be getting it Tuesday. I'll post how fast it charges once I get it

Sent from my GT-I9505G

That would be good to know, my phone has been charging at 640ma which isn't the speediest thing in the world, but will fully charge my phone at night. I'm curious if it's the charger which won't go past 640 or the receiver.

18th August 2013, 02:23 AM |#11  
Flag San Francisco

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionx1

Sent from my GT-I9505G

Cool, I'm curious if the output is any different.

Quote:

That would be good to know, my phone has been charging at 640ma which isn't the speediest thing in the world, but will fully charge my phone at night. I'm curious if it's the charger which won't go past 640 or the receiver.

Makes me kinda wonder if there is a limiting factor in the phone itself? Don't know much about the process but it would seem strange to me that the amount to charge would really be a gating factor on how much the output of the charger would be...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)