Donate to Me
More
Good stuff @speedingcheetah.

Sent from my SCH-I535
18th August 2013, 12:31 AM |#102  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 197

More
Decided to try something a little different beyond the screwdriver fix.. I took apart my GS3 and performed a mod on the antenna itself.. Of course the usual disclaimer applies: ATTEMPTING THIS MODIFICATION YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ALONE ASSUME ANY AND ALL RISK INVOLVED.

Hit the THANKS button if this helps!

1. POWER DOWN YOUR PHONE
2. REMOVE THE BATTERY, SD CARD AND SIM CARD!
3. UNSCREW THE BACK COVER OF YOUR PHONE
4. PRY OPEN THE BACK COVER
5. GENTLY PEEL BACK THE GPS ANTENNA CONTACT PAD
6. ADD A SMALL THIN PIECE OF PAPER TO RAISE THE CONTACT PAD
7. REAPPLY THE GPS ANTENNA CONTACT PAD BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL POSITION
8. SCREW THE BACK COVER OF YOUR PHONE
9. REINSERT THE SIM CARD, SD CARD AND BATTERY (IN THIS ORDER)!
10. POWER UP YOUR PHONE AND TEST YOUR GPS
11. IF ITS GRABBING FAST LOCATION LOCKS - PROFIT!

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Hypnosis4U2NV For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hypnosis4U2NV Ad-Free
18th August 2013, 07:00 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Wow, this is really detailed Hypnosis4U2NV. Thanks so much for sharing. So far the screw fix has been sufficient for me but I know what to do now should I encounter further issues.

Cheers.

Sent from my SCH-I535
18th August 2013, 11:06 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The fix worked for me. Thanks
22nd August 2013, 01:16 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
YES! Thank you! I've been having trouble with my GPS for a couple months and tightening the screws fixed it. Finally.
26th August 2013, 10:18 AM |#106  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,239

More
I wonder if this will fix my GPS issue on Canvas 2! I have been strugging with it since i bought the phone.. I'm gonna try this tonight when i get home..
26th August 2013, 03:46 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 231

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibshar

I wonder if this will fix my GPS issue on Canvas 2! I have been strugging with it since i bought the phone.. I'm gonna try this tonight when i get home..

I've never heard of the Canvas 2. Just googled it and it looks like an SGS3. Give it a try. It might work.

Sent from my SCH-I535
31st August 2013, 08:00 AM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Wow....that totally worked. I been banging my head against the wall for like 2 months as my GPS slowly got worse...

THANKS!!!!
9th September 2013, 10:09 AM |#109  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontfinishlast

Anyone with a vzw model get this menu to work?

EDIT: Had to enable hidden menus. For anyone else that had this problem, first dial *#22745927 and click hidden menu then "enable". The above code now works. Now to see if this finally resolves my GPS woes!

Thank you man, this worked for me...
screw the screw
12th September 2013, 12:40 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
3 words
Quote:
Originally Posted by syintiphic

hi,

i have a simple gps fix that worked for me. After posting and sharing in other forums this fix has also worked for many others who were frustrated with their gps' not working, not locking onto satellites, and their phones acting erratically while navigating. Although this method seems too easy to be true, trust me it works and many people have confirmed that this method worked for them too and are now happy that their phone has a functional gps and in some cases improved call quality.

I as well as many others performed many of the other fixes such as flashing back to stock, performing numerous battery pulls, using agps patches, making numerous edits to the gps.conf file, reprovisioning our phones, checking different roms, uninstalling/reinstalling google maps, clearing data for google maps and google service framework, and so on. So before you do all of that please give my method a try.

I discovered this simple fix when i was trying to perform one of the other gps fix procedures. The procedure required me to pull my battery. I noticed that when i removed my back cover the back frame that has all the screws (10 total) was slightly loose on the left side. Once i tightened them all my gps worked immediately! Like i said, this method has been tested by many people and most of them report great success just by tightening their screws. If this method works for you you'll also notice that in addition to getting faster locks your navigation will work and won't drop your gps signal.

Like i said it may not work for everyone but i would recommend that if you have a samsung galaxy s iii definitely check the back frame of your phone and make sure you tighten the screws and make sure everything is secure. You too should now be able to achieve gps locks consistently.

I hope this helps. If it does, as it has many others, please click thanks.

Cheers,
syintiphic

un freakin believable !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to marclec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marclec Ad-Free
15th September 2013, 02:19 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
success
SPH-L710
I took all the screws out, pulled the covers, cleaned all the contact points with a pencil eraser and put back together.
GPS is now GPSing.
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, gps fix sgs3 sgsiii galaxy siii, screws, sgs3, tighten

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)