FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Do you use custom themes?

Yes, I know how and I use them

1,731 Vote(s)
39.96%
No, I know how but I choose not to use them

287 Vote(s)
6.63%
I dont know how to change themes

2,314 Vote(s)
53.42%

General Questions about Themes GO HERE!!!!!

419 posts
Thanks Meter: 34

By RandumAccess, Senior Member on 6th January 2009, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2009, 10:35 PM |#1871  
Flag 727
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Hopefully someone can answer. For anyone that knows Photoshop, if there is a specific set of changes I want to make to hundreds of images, is there a way to basically have the same change performed to all images that Photoshop has opened? Kind of like a macro in Excel or Word?

3rd September 2009, 04:10 AM |#1872  
Flag Boynton Beach, FL
Thanks Meter: 30

More
file -> automate -> batch
3rd September 2009, 06:20 AM |#1873  
Flag 727
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn

file -> automate -> batch

So I was onto the right thing. After you said that I finally put the rest together. This def speeds up me doing the NFL themes. Thanks!
4th September 2009, 04:48 AM |#1874  
Flag 50th
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by david1171

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but how do I got about putting Stericson's new lockscreen into a theme?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advanced.

If you didn't do this already... What I usually do is download either Moonspoons or JDWMEs latest themes and just use the framework-res.apk, services.jar, and android-policy.jar. I just replace the pngs and make whatever xml file edits I need to.

I haven't tried replacing those files in one of cyanogens templates, so I don't know if it would be possible to run it through the colorChange.jar... But I kinda assume that it wouldn't work since it seems that the framework has changed quite a bit.
4th September 2009, 05:06 AM |#1875  
Thanks Meter: 166

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybueno

If you didn't do this already... What I usually do is download either Moonspoons or JDWMEs latest themes and just use the framework-res.apk, services.jar, and android-policy.jar. I just replace the pngs and make whatever xml file edits I need to.

I haven't tried replacing those files in one of cyanogens templates, so I don't know if it would be possible to run it through the colorChange.jar... But I kinda assume that it wouldn't work since it seems that the framework has changed quite a bit.

thank you jonny i shall try this later. i wonder if a little something i heard about your theme is true
5th September 2009, 10:35 PM |#1876  
Flag Spokane, Wa
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Ok- I just successfully rooted my G1, and installed the latest "stable build"- I used open home before rooting- how do I install all these great themes now?- Chris aka riffman
6th September 2009, 01:43 AM |#1877  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccriffman

Ok- I just successfully rooted my G1, and installed the latest "stable build"- I used open home before rooting- how do I install all these great themes now?- Chris aka riffman

The theme has to be compatible with your rom and version number of your rom. If there are no explicit instructions, then flash just like your rom. Otherwise follow directions.
7th September 2009, 07:20 AM |#1878  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how do i tell which rom version I have? is it displayed in "about phone"
7th September 2009, 07:34 AM |#1879  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphopsg1holder

how do i tell which rom version I have? is it displayed in "about phone"

it depends on how old your rom is, if it has been a long time then there may not really be a way to tell that i know of. Do you have 1.1 firmware or 1.5 firmware? that will help narrow it down slightly.
7th September 2009, 07:48 AM |#1880  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xidominicanoix

they're in launcher .. go to res/drawable and find the files that start with "wallpaper_"

Sorry I didn't understand that...how do you get the wallpaper out of the launcher.apk file?
7th September 2009, 06:30 PM |#1881  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
HELP ME
ok im in desperate search of a dev to help me theme a hero ROM ive tried replacing things and putting it back into the framework-res.apk and signing it and still nothing and i find it hard to follow written instructions so can a dev plz help me becuz i effing suck at this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
1.1, 1.5, adp1, android themes, boot, boot animation, bug, cant open, change, convert, dude, files, g1 themes, gallery, ghosting, how to, icon, icons grey, image, launcher, launcher.apk, port, pull-up tray, rc30, rc33, rc33 lite, signing, status bar, stericson, theme, themes, transperency, tray, wallpaper gallery, wallpapers, zip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)